Options

New villains, old villains...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
Forum Member
So this is basically an idea thread for enemies 12 should face off with, possibly bringing back some old enemies from classic who, dealing with entirely new ones and so on....

Personally I think there should be no more of the silence, they were Matt's flagship villains, unique to him and him only.

And also I think capaldi is more suited to smart enemies rather than brutes, say the master is still out there somewhere, and there has been the recent rumour of John Simms returning for a master regenaration is possible, I think we'll be seeing a master related series 8....

For me I've allways wanted to see a bounty hunter hunt the doctor accross space and time to kill him, but that may just be too action film like for the doctor like capaldi...

The return of the Zygons was awesome and we need to see them again, and more classic villains brought back for that matter...

It would also be nice to have a serious take on the Sontarans for once, counter strax's idiocy.

So talk villains!!

Comments

• Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I really, really want to see the master back, and though I want to see John simm at least do the regeneration, I don't see why people are assuming that is all he would come back for. New doctor dosen't have to mean new master and I for one don't see why simm couldn't stay in the role for as long as possible
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I would bloody love a return from the Wirrn.

The Master is seeming like a cert at this point, tbh. I'd actually probably prefer that he didn't come back, truth be told, but that could change depending on if/when we got casting news.

The Sycorax seem like a race that have potential, wouldn't mind seeing them again.

And - controversy time - I think that [as crap as Horns was] The Nimons are still possibly the best one-off Monster in Classic Who. The costumes were a bit ropey, the story was gash, the concept was bloody brilliant. Though I guess an argument could be made that they were back in The God Complex.
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd started a similar thread having missed this one,
    (Cheers TheJudge for pointing that out :))

First the ones that have already made an appearance, excluding the big four ( Daleks, Cybermen, Master, Davros)...

Autons & Nestene Consciousness(Spearhead From Space, Terror Of The Autons, Rose)
    - Due for a return at some point as the first classic monster to appear in the new series.

Sontarans(The Time Warrior, The Sontaran Experiment, The Horror Of Fang Rock(Rutan), The Invasion Of Time, The Two Doctors, The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky)
    - They've only really had one (2-part) story, though appearances in SJA and regular appearances from Strax have kept them around. About time they got a story that made them as scary as they used to be and less comical. Strax is good but we need threatening Sontarans.

Rassilon(The Five Doctors, The End Of Time pts 1&2)
    - If Gallifrey eventually returns we're going to need to know what happened to Rassilon, and at some point it would be nice to interwine his story properly with that of Omega.

Homo Reptilia (The Silurians, The Sea Devils, Warriors Of The Deep, The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood, Dinosaurs On A Spaceship)
    - As with the Sontarans, not featured in many new series stories but kept around in the form of a recurring character, this time Vastra. Again I think they could do with another story of their own.

Ice Warriors (The Ice Warriors, The Seeds Of Death, The Curse Of Peladon, The Monster Of Peladon, The Waters Of Mars(reference), Cold War)
    - Deserve a two-parter and to appear in greater numbers, also a return visit to Peladon (with or without Ice Warriors) would be nice.

Zygons (Terror Of The Zygons, The Name Of The Doctor)
    - Not likely to disappear too soon I don't think. Not after the great recent redesign.

Then there's others that either appeared more than once in the classic series or have a Time Lord connection...

The Monk (The Time Meddler, The Daleks' Master Plan)
    The War Chief (The War Games)
    Omega (The Three Doctors, Arc Of Infinity)
    Borusa (The Invasion Of Time, The Deadly Assasin, Arc Of Infinity, The Five Doctors)
    The Black Guardian (Key To Time, Black Guardian Trilogy)
    The Mara (Kinda, Snakedance)
    Sil (Vengeance On Varos, Mindwarp)
    The Rani (The Mark Of The Rani, Time And The Rani)
    Morbius, (The Brain Of Morbius) - could The Sisterhood Of Karn pop up again following their appearance in The Night Of The Doctor?
    The Great Vampires (State Of Decay)

...all of which I'd be happy to see return in the near future.
  • Options
    Wiwik_AnggrainiWiwik_Anggraini Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    the Master, for the simple fact I would love to see more Jonathan Pryce in the role, though preferably less silly and more serious and menacing. I'm convinced he would be brilliant. But then I'm biased since I'm a big fan of Jonathan Pryce's work.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see The Monk if Michael Palin played him.
  • Options
    VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That might be interesting: I've always felt the role was very much Peter Butterworth's own, but then I thought that about William Hartnell's Doctor...

Bring back the Mechanoids - not that they're really villains, just innocent victims of a failure to communicate!
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    The Daleks making an appearance over Capaldi's era is pretty much a given I think.

I would be quite happy just to see the Clockwork Androids pop up and go a bit mental.

To be brutally honest apart from them and maybe the Ood I'm tired of the old monsters.

The best ones from the 'classics' have been used and it's hard for me to muster any excitement about any of the others from that era.

I hope over the next few series some of the new 'big' baddies won't be constrained by a basic 'cool' premise. I always feel the Silence, a wonderfully creepy monster visually, have been somewhat limited by such a strict raison d'etre (oohhhh get me!) and therefore any potential for a long lasting fear factor quickly fizzles out.

So the Clockwork Androids would be nice.

or

' Chicken Thing from out of space'. from Vincent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not really a villain but I'd love to see the gunslinger return as a antihero, a cool story for a pretty bland story could use a cooler follow up as a redeemed villain.
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puca wrote: »
    Not really a villain but I'd love to see the gunslinger return as a antihero, a cool story for a pretty bland story could use a cooler follow up as a redeemed villain.

This would be :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shoppy wrote: »
    This would be :cool::cool::cool:

I know man, and in the post I meant. A awesome character for a bland story, not what I originally said....
    Would still be awesome though, go gunslinger.
  • Options
    Mr SetaMr Seta Posts: 380
    Forum Member

I'd like to see the Meddling Monk back too -and he's an interesting character (semi-villain) where reintroducing could work with a great story or two.

As for Palin -brilliant idea -he'd be great (I could just picture him grinning, rubbing his hands together plotting something). Imagine if Palin is a fan of Who? -what a waste if this was not to happen and that's the case :o