Can you buy alcohol in supermarkets 24/7?

2»

Comments

• Ego_ShredderEgo_Shredder Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    If people want to get drunk in the privacy of their own home, that's their bloody choice !

Not when it makes the quality of life for their neighbours totally unbearable, to the point where they either have to wear earplugs, leave the house to escape it or finally.....attempt to find some poor mug to buy their house. If people cannot come home to some peace and calm from the stresses of everyday life and work.........where the hell can they go! A home is meant to be a place of stability and calm, NOT a pub/club/school playground/drinking den/youth club/hotel/football stadium etc like the yobs think it is! :mad::rolleyes::( Also I have found empty beer/lager cans in my driveway, along with other litter that the yobs have thrown around to then be blown by the wind onto my property.

Remember......the yobs have grown up not knowing or caring about right from wrong, so they will drink and make unbearable noise and nobody will try to stop them. They will go about their business in their home, shouting, slamming doors and stamping around like animals and all because of the heavy drinking and rough underclass culture.

Curbing the opportunities and availability to get hold of alcohol will not solve the problem, but it will go some way towards making the lives of other more considerate and respectable citizens a lot more bearable.

I'm not against drinking in the home, so long as it is in moderation, i.e. you are having a quiet night in with a friend/family member and having ONE drink or TWO at the most. When a yob says, "I'm having a drink tonight" they actually mean, "I am going to get out of my skull with cheap supermarket drink and maybe vomit and definitely cause a lot of distress and misery for other people"
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ** Slightly off topic rant here so bear with me ***

I wish the government would not allow supermarkets to sell alcohol as it only encourages the wrong sort of people to take it home and get drunk, usually accompanied by loud music and hellish behaviour for hours. For any neighbours who are not yobs, this can over a period of time, be a very upsetting and soul destroying experience.

Restrict the sale of alcohol or push the price up......something has to be done now!

Cant really see banning it from supermarket will make any difference. 'The wrong sort of people' will just go to an offlicence and buy it there!

If people have that 'yob' mentality theyll buy their drink wherever... banning it from Tesco & the like wont make a bit of difference

And will totally inconvenience us responsible drinking types ;)