Options

People who ordered iPods from Argos...Please read..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
Forum Member
✭✭✭
THIS INFORMATION IS FROM ARGOS - I PHONED THEM UP EARLIER TODAY!

They are in the process of contacting everyone who ordered and where guaranteed to have it delivered by tomorrow (10/09/2010).

Apple have delayed stock and hasn't yet reached Argos.

I dont know how long this process will take but know one thing for sure...

...YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR iPOD TOMORROW!!!!!!

Argos said Sorry for the inconvenience caused as it is out of their hands.

For those worried about the delay being major. rest assured there are rumors that Argos will start to get stock tonight ready to have ready in the store tomorrow.

Thank You.

Matthew.

Comments

• Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly annoying but am not going to kick up a fuss as it appears to be Apples fault rather than the retailers.. I can wait for it.
  • Options
    dave81ukdave81uk Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty125 wrote: »

They are in the process of contacting everyone who ordered and where guaranteed to have it delivered by tomorrow (10/09/2010).

I dont know how long this process will take but know one thing for sure...

...YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR iPOD TOMORROW!!!!!!

Argos said Sorry for the inconvenience caused as it is out of their hands.

For those worried about the delay being major. rest assured there are rumors that Argos will start to get stock tonight ready to have ready in the store tomorrow.

Thank You.

Matthew.

That is what I got told when I phoned earlier today, I also got told that pre orders are shipped direct from somewhere, they never told me where, but stock gets sent to stores and pre orders are shipped out separate, they don't go to Argos as such, But then could be bull as you get told a different story any time you phone them. I take it they don't do Saturday delivery?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dave81uk wrote: »
    That is what I got told when I phoned earlier today, I also got told that pre orders are shipped direct from somewhere, they never told me where, but stock gets sent to stores and pre orders are shipped out separate, they don't go to Argos as such, But then could be bull as you get told a different story any time you phone them. I take it they don't do Saturday delivery?

I have had stuff delivered on a Saturday from Argos before. It was big furniture though. But they would probably make an effort to get them out when they do have them as they are now late.

Personally, I would give it until the middle of next week before trying to find out where they have got to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I have had stuff delivered on a Saturday from Argos before.

Hmmm Just have to wait
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Can someone confirm that its all the iPods that are delayed and not just the iTouch's.

Thank You,
    Matthew.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Can someone confirm that its all the iPods that are delayed and not just the iTouch's.

Thank You,
    Matthew.

I was told iPods, not specifically iPod touches
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was told iPods, not specifically iPod touches

Ok.

Thank You :)
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member

Yeah I had the automated phone call from Argos at 4:22 this afternoon. All very apologetic but they didn't give a new date.

As I said in the other thread yesterday when they sent me a text promising delivery tomorrow, I'll believe their promises when I have the little beasty in my own hands. Sometime next week, I suspect (and always have).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Yeah I had the automated phone call from Argos at 4:22 this afternoon. All very apologetic but they didn't give a new date.

As I said in the other thread yesterday when they sent me a text promising delivery tomorrow, I'll believe their promises when I have the little beasty in my own hands. Sometime next week, I suspect (and always have).

Please let me know if you do get it tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »

I predicted the same myself to be honest, I reckon Sat/Mon you'll see the full range in there shops, Shuffles are already in. The second part of my prediction was they will run out of stock, this will be the next issue, wait to see:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Just had a phonecall (3pm-ish) from Argos saying that mine would be coming tomorrow, and apologising for the inconvenience. Can't really ask for any more than that.

Richard
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    There seems to be an invisipost by rreavy - six minutes ago! :eek:

Let's make a post and see...

Edit

Aaaah there it is. Thanks for the info Richard. :)

No thanks DS for the 6 - no 7 minute invisipost. :mad:

Edit of edit

Just had the same phone call myself - delivery between 7 am :eek: and 6pm tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mrs had a call this morning saying the item would not be coming today and she was told there they did have some stock and I would get a call this evening to let me know if it was coming tomorrow. I phoned just now to check and they couldn't tell me anything so I don't think it'll be coming tomorrow. Even if it was scheduled, hardly any couriers work on Saturday
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi just got another phone call from Argos, another recorded message saying the iPod touch that I no longer want is coming tomorrow so I have to wait in between 7am and 6pm to refuse delivery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rreavy wrote: »
    Just had a phonecall (3pm-ish) from Argos saying that mine would be coming tomorrow, and apologising for the inconvenience. Can't really ask for any more than that.

Richard

Why havent I got this phonecall :eek::cry: - This was suppost to be my birthday present as its my birthday tomorrow and this is my only present :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I actually received my ipod this morning, seems they are with couriers today, but they were held pending apple's word, however as the local delivery drivers knows us and we're round the corner from the depot he delivered it today for me.

Spot on, i thought. now just waiting to plug in when i get home from work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why havent I got this phonecall :eek::cry: - This was suppost to be my birthday present as its my birthday tomorrow and this is my only present :(

Me either:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hegemon00 wrote: »
    I actually received my ipod this morning, seems they are with couriers today, but they were held pending apple's word, however as the local delivery drivers knows us and we're round the corner from the depot he delivered it today for me.

Ur lucky, What courier is it delivering?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I should sue Argos for Favouritism :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be wrong but I really can't see anything coming over the weekend unless via Royal mail
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    It comes through Home Delivery Network, as they and argos are the same company. And yes HDN do do saturday delivery's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It comes through Home Delivery Network, as they and argos are the same company. And yes HDN do do saturday delivery's.

Well, I clearly wont get it tomorrow as i havent HAD A BLOODY PHONE CALL LIKE OTHERS HAVE :mad:

Stupid Argos. Thats the last time Im ordering from them :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be wrong but I really can't see anything coming over the weekend unless via Royal mail

Am I right in thinking you live in NI? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?

Anyway, If delivery is being done by HDNL then they could quite possibly arrive Saturday. I have even had deliveries done by HDNL on Sundays.

But that is here in the England, could be different for you (if you are in NI).

I haven't had a phone call though so not expecting anything myself. But the ones that have had the phone call saying it will be delivered tomorrow have no reason not to expect it. Can't see why Argos would make such a gaff as to ring people specifically to say it will be delivered tomorrow if they could not fulfil it. Yes, they originally 'guaranteed' delivery for today but it was Apples fault they couldn't stick to that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking you live in NI? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?

Anyway, If delivery is being done by HDNL then they could quite possibly arrive Saturday. I have even had deliveries done by HDNL on Sundays.

But that is here in the England, could be different for you (if you are in NI).

I haven't had a phone call though so not expecting anything myself. But the ones that have had the phone call saying it will be delivered tomorrow have no reason not to expect it. Can't see why Argos would make such a gaff as to ring people specifically to say it will be delivered tomorrow if they could not fulfil it. Yes, they originally 'guaranteed' delivery for today but it was Apples fault they couldn't stick to that.

No your right I am in N.I that'll be another day or added on for good measure :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I clearly wont get it tomorrow as i havent HAD A BLOODY PHONE CALL LIKE OTHERS HAVE :mad:

Stupid Argos. Thats the last time Im ordering from them :mad:

I'll be joining you, 1st and last time