Options

Anyone Else Dislike Charity? (Emmerdale)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She is utterly annoying.

All we ever see or hear from her is ranting about how she will get contracts or flirting with businessmen. And honestly I wouldn't rate her much as an actress either!

I would rather watch a Chas-entric episode than watch Charity and her recycled storylines! :sleep: :yawn:

Comments

• Options
    EnterEnter Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    She is utterly annoying.

All we ever see or hear from her is ranting about how she will get contracts or flirting with businessmen. And honestly I wouldn't rate her much as an actress either!

I would rather watch a Chas-entric episode than watch Charity and her recycled storylines! :sleep: :yawn:

:eek: Wash your mouth out this instance! :mad:

She's the best character and actress in the show! The writing has been pretty poor for her recently but Emma Atkins still manages to make it look good. She wipes the floor with every other actor she has to share a scene with!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enter wrote: »

She's the best character and actress in the show! The writing has been pretty poor for her recently but Emma Atkins still manages to make it look good. She wipes the floor with every other actor she has to share a scene with!

Sorry but everyone has their critics, she has by far run out of steam!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie is so much worse, and should have been written out ages ago.

Charity is a cow, but she is less annoying than her daughter, and, unlike Debbie, is not a constant chore to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie is so much worse, and should have been written out ages ago.

Charity is a cow, but she is less annoying than her daughter, and, unlike Debbie, is not a constant chore to watch.

I'm too scared to criticize Debbie.... I hear she is a gangster these days! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too scared to criticize Debbie.... I hear she is a gangster these days! :rolleyes:

:D

Indeed, no one messes with Princess Debbie Corleone.:yawn:
  • Options
    marc_ukmarc_uk Posts: 199
    Forum Member

I Couldn't have said it better, she's an amazing actress and character
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Indeed, no one messes with Princess Debbie Corleone.:yawn:

One look could kill!

I bet she smiles when she makes fully-grown men squirm :rolleyes:
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is utterly annoying.

Thank god!!!!! At last someone else who speaks sense!!!!

I can not stand Charity, she is a true two bit ****!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Thank god!!!!! At last someone else who speaks sense!!!!

I can not stand Charity, she is a true two bit ****!

Are the producers purposely labelling her as a cheap tart?

Highly annoying!

Give me Zak, Lisa and Cain any-day of the week over that screeching banshee!
  • Options
    EnterEnter Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Sorry but everyone has their critics, she has by far run out of steam!

Charity hasn't, the writers have.
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    I like the character, the only thing about her I don't like is that she gabbles her lines.
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member

Another Emma Atkins fan here. Fine actress who raises the game of those in scenes with her.
    marc_uk wrote: »
    I Couldn't have said it better, she's an amazing actress and character
    Not too struck on some of the material she's being given ATM, but Emma is great.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the producers purposely labelling her as a cheap tart?

Highly annoying!

Give me Zak, Lisa and Cain any-day of the week over that screeching banshee!

She is the only Dingle that I don't like.

Debbie has her ups and downs but Charity is terrible.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't stand charity or Debbie, worst characters in the soap with no development at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charity hasn't, the writers have.

Agreed. Emma Atkins is one of the best actresses in soap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually love Charity but not at the moment. She's been blackburned. The writing for her started to go downhill because of the Rachel/Jai affair.

The ruthless business woman act is ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loathe Charity - who no man alive can ever resist of course - despite her oily charm & colourful past.

However I will admit that she is played by a very good actress though, there's no denying that.

I dislike Debbie & Chas more if I'm honest - although I'm now completely bricking it at the thought of Debbie reading that - I'm just not good with country lanes & folk glaring at me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loathe Charity - who no man alive can ever resist of course - despite her oily charm & colourful past.

Charity Dingle, millionaire magnet extraordinaire. She was welcome with open arms by the Sharmas. As if a wealthy middleclass family would be happy to see their first born marry an ex prozzie and notorious gold digger :rolleyes:
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really dislike her, but don't forget most of her scenes are with 2 of the worst actors on ED Debbie and Jai which I think make her look not very good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even when written badly, Charity is divine.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't stand the woman she really gets on my nerves.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Charity bores the hell out of me these days. It is the same old crap with her. Shame because the actress isn't bad.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an extremely good actress. I used to find the character entertaining, but I must admit, lately all we are seeing is the worst side of her - selfish, tactless, trampling all over anyone who gets in her way. She's always like this, but we used to see a lot more humour and charm. I'm finding it hard to feel sorry for her, given that her marriage is in tatters and I also can't believe that she is continuing to support Debbie, even though she knows what kind of business Debbie is getting involved in.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Charity bores the hell out of me these days. It is the same old crap with her. Shame because the actress isn't bad.

this :cool:
  • Options
    LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is utterly annoying.

During her first run (2000-2005) I totally hated the character and didn't much rate the actress. Thought everything you say about her. In fact I stopped watching at times because of her. Never understood the love for her other than being perceived as the underdog who had achieved.

I was never convinced by the successful Charity either as many of her actions came over as her not being particularly bright. Devious, but not bright.

I even thought if she said right one more time I would smash the TV. It seemed she said it after every sentence particularly when she was trying to be dramatic or desperate. Now the favourite word is babe. It so annoys me. I assume it is scripted and not the way the actress speaks in real life.

She never did a decent thing for anyone in her first run. However since her return, Charity has mellowed and it is only in the last few months that she is starting to irritate me again. I can zone out of her these days but she will never be a favourite of mine.