Dr Sheldon Cooper Appreciation thread

JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From The Big Bang Theory season 6 episode 5 'The Holographic Excitation':

Raj Koothrappali: "So I thought the photo booth for the party could either be creepy like a mummys tomb, or they also have the tardis, from Doctor Who"
Sheldon Cooper: "A tardis makes no sense, it's a time machine from a science fiction show. It has nothing to do with Halloween. That being said, if you don't get a tardis, you stink and your party stinks."
Raj Koothrappali (to Wolowitz) "Do you have a preference?"
Wolowitz "I don't care; get the tardis."
Sheldon Cooper "YES! This party just became a major rager."

All hail the king of the ming mongs, Dr Sheldon Cooper. Bazinga!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Season 6 has yet to air in the UK, be careful cos some may consider it a spoiler.

Also, is "king of the ming mongs!" not offensive?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 6 has yet to air in the UK, be careful cos some may consider it a spoiler.

Also, is "king of the ming mongs!" not offensive?

No, "Ming Mongs" was RTD's term for the entire adult Doctor Who fanbase and isn't offensive in this context. He frequently used it to describe himself.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Haha! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "If you don't get a tardis, you stink", well that's just the truth.
    I do love Sheldon and TBBT :D
    Forum Member
    Knowing Sheldon he would complain that it wasn't actually bigger on the inside :D

What other Doctor Who references have there been in the Big Bang Theory??
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    They watch it on TV in one episode and I believe the Comic shop owner wears a 4th Doctor costume in another.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Knowing Sheldon he would complain that it wasn't actually bigger on the inside :D

There are a few, in a season 5 episode all the main characters are watching it and Amy Farrah Fowler asks why if they can go anywhere in time and space they're always in present day London. In season 1 episode 7 'The Dumpling Paradox' Dr Cooper says he watches it every saturday morning. I think I love him. :o:D
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Amy Farrah Fowler asks why if they can go anywhere in time and space they're always in present day London.

Haha I have to admit I have asked that question myself! That sounds more like something Penny would say!
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who's been mentioned a few times in A Town Called Eureka. It's Vincent's favourite TV show.
    :)
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    Doctor Who's been mentioned a few times in A Town Called Eureka. It's Vincent's favourite TV show.
    :)

Also in Buffy, one of the geeks said to Spike the vampire "So you're English. We have every episode of Red Dwarf on DVD. But not Doctor Who. Cos... it's not out yet on DVD."

This was before the new series began in 2005 :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leonard: [seeing Sheldon trying to sit on the couch where Penny's head is] What are you doing?

Sheldon: Every Saturday since we've lived in this apartment, I have awakened at 6:15, poured myself a bowl of cereal, added a quarter-cup of 2% milk, sat on this end of this couch, turned on BBC America, and watched Doctor Who.

Leonard: Penny's still sleeping.

Sheldon: Every Saturday since we've lived in this apartment, I have awakened at 6:15, poured myself a bowl of cereal…

Leonard: You have a TV in your room. Why don't you just have breakfast in bed?

Sheldon: Because I am neither an invalid nor a woman celebrating Mother's Day.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    There's also an exchange where Sheldon says Doctor Why Bother as well.

I have become a TBBT fan over the last few months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    but did you notice the' couples-costume' suggestions venn diagram on Sheldon's whiteboard? "3rd Doctor and a Dalek". I love that "Smelly Pooper"
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always get a little irritated in the episode where Amy refers to The Doctor as Doctor Who. Surprised Sheldon didn't correct her! :eek:
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always get a little irritated in the episode where Amy refers to The Doctor as Doctor Who. Surprised Sheldon didn't correct her! :eek:

Maybe it's because he looked at some of the old credits, and saw the Doctor referred to as Doctor Who:D:D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    From The Big Bang Theory season 6 episode 5 'The Holographic Excitation':

Sheldon Cooper: "A tardis makes no sense, it's a time machine from a science fiction show. It has nothing to do with Halloween. That being said, if you don't get a tardis, you stink and your party stinks."

When you see the inside of the TARDIS, you'll see a Union Flag. Note that it is upside-down. :-( For shame!

:-)