Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 27)

Comments

• Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,626
    Forum Member
    thewilson wrote: »
    You may be bored, but how can it be a "dead topic" if it's attracting so much interest and participation from the listeners? Methinks you may have a political axe to grind.

Agreed. I hope LBC continues to cover the subject - the impact of the tax continues to become apparent in many guises and it's important that it is debated.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Nick de Quoi ?

Perhaps I got you wrong last night in a pathetic attempt to protect the thread from weirdo's; apologies. No I'm not up with Mod-house, (joke against self). :D
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Perhaps I got you wrong last night in a pathetic attempt to protect the thread from weirdo's;

No problem .

It was a valiant effort :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No problem .

It was a valiant effort :)

Enough said, then. :)
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alinton wrote: »

Don't like the arrangement of the talk-over music. The two stabs towards the end sound like an elephant, and are out of place.

Good description. I dislike it intensely.

Just clicked on the Listen Now on the website and instead of going straight to the station, Radioplayer offered me the choice of listening to a version for London or for the rest of the country.
  • Options
    Adam_ShawAdam_Shaw Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Good description. I dislike it intensely.

Just clicked on the Listen Now on the website and instead of going straight to the station, Radioplayer offered me the choice of listening to a version for London or for the rest of the country.

Yeah thats normal for all national stations like Absolute and Smooth etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Listeners to LBC are known to listen much longer than the average 'music station' therefore having the same discussions 2-3 times per day is getting utterly boring. So is having so many politicians which are getting so much air time just recently.

But this is typical Global Radio ways for example Capital, Gold, and Heart playing the same old songs every few hours, it's now happening to LBC the same old discussions.
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam_Shaw wrote: »
    But this is typical Global Radio ways for example Capital, Gold, and Heart playing the same old songs every few hours, it's now happening to LBC the same old discussions.

Well its been happening for a few years now

Get it hot n fresh at Ferrari's .

Or dull n dank with Duncy .
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Adam_Shaw wrote: »
    Listeners to LBC are known to listen much longer than the average 'music station' therefore having the same discussions 2-3 times per day is getting utterly boring.

I'm sure Martin will add the detail, but I think I'm right in saying that 'Nu-LBC' has more listeners, but listening for fewer hours each. So even though LBC may do better in that regard when compared to music stations, the long-term trend is a downward slope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good show from Nick Abbot this evening, felt a bit sorry for the caller with the stutter who couldn't stop stuttering so he was cut off. But the discussions are refreshing better than the same old discussions during the week. Nick Abbots show reminds me of how LBC used to sound in the good old days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scotland seems to have warmed to LBC since been on DAB :p
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    I'm sure Martin will add the detail, but I think I'm right in saying that 'Nu-LBC' has more listeners, but listening for fewer hours each. So even though LBC may do better in that regard when compared to music stations, the long-term trend is a downward slope.

Sorry, not long been in! I am sure you will find the answers at RAJAR .

Good night.
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Zora Suleman cut off in mid news there. They are really making a complete hash with the new jingles.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    What the hell is wrong? Yet again a jingle cuts in over the news. Awful mess. And NO apology.

London's Biggest Cock-up, more like.
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »

That's correct makeba. The length of time a listener stays tuned is a key measure of the strength and popularity of the programming. LBC's hours per listener has been on a downward path ever since it embarked on its political borefest in 2010.

Conversely the number of listeners has gone up, so it's this that attracts advertisers, or at least a certain type of advertiser. Many listeners are probably just tuning in to hear a travel report, or grab ten minutes of Ferrari before they go out to work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is embarrassing Cristo can hardly string a sentence together...Is he drunk?

The interruption was terrible during the news, it really put Zora Suleman off and she just gave up and left the news. How on earth did it happen? And why did the imaging and adverts just carry surly it should be have been noticed.

I would imagine a few people would be spoken to on Monday
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Cristo has been monologuing on for 15 minutes now, god knows what about, garbled nonsense....OFF!
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    1.44am

There is truth on both sides of the argument that Cristo is running.

But Maxine from Croydon is very good value. Has more to offer than at least half of Parliament. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ***02:00 Hrs*** News was suspended at 02.01 followed by 1 minute silence then the LBC's EMERGENCY broadcast began with Steve Allen for a minute. Cristo came back on air and apologised.

This is now becoming quite serious

Seems to be technical issues during every link, news broadcast, and imaging.

Cristo is not making any sense in anything he is saying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christo quoting again by going to Google
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is the second repeat of Steve's interview with Emily Watson. I heard this yesterday. :(
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's correct makeba. The length of time a listener stays tuned is a key measure of the strength and popularity of the programming. LBC's hours per listener has been on a downward path ever since it embarked on its political borefest in 2010.

Conversely the number of listeners has gone up, so it's this that attracts advertisers, or at least a certain type of advertiser. Many listeners are probably just tuning in to hear a travel report, or grab ten minutes of Ferrari before they go out to work.

Has LBC's audience share gone up? Because the population of London has increased significantly in recently years an increase in numbers of listeners is not entirely surprising. What would be a better indicator of LBC success is whether it's audience share has also risen.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    This is the second repeat of Steve's interview with Emily Watson. I heard this yesterday. :(

I'm so glad I saw The Book Thief yesterday because Steve gave away large parts of the plot, including some of the key scenes, during his In Conversation with Emily Watson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andrew Castle has quite a feisty take on climate change. He's more out-going and down to earth than a lot of other presenters on this topic imo.
  • Options
    Inge JonesInge Jones Posts: 11,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved last night's Ian Collins show - first time in ages LBC has given me a real belly laugh! It reminded me a little of when Clive did the late evening show at weekends and he used to gently make fun of his callers :D

And so funny when he said "is it a full moon tonight or something?" and he found out it was.
This discussion has been closed.