Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Stephen
    My condolences to his family and friends

I am actually quite devastated even though I knew this was coming
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully his family will take huge comfort in the fact that he was one of life's good 'uns. There will be a tremendous amount of people who will benefit from the £3million+ that he raised.
    What a remarkable person he was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    RIP Stephen
    My condolences to his family and friends

I am actually quite devastated even though I knew this was coming

Me too. I shed a tear for his poor mother this morning.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    RIP Steven :(
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad he had that little rally that allowed him to go home for a while before the inevitable re-admission. And that he died peacefully surrounded by family.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Just heard - an incredible young man who did so much with what time he had, which was far too little, RIP Steven and condolences to his family and friends
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame - he seemed to be improving slightly was the last I heard.

At least he died peacefully in his sleep.

& what an inspirational young lad. In his short life he achieved so much and is a trillion times more inspirational than most of the no-marks and numpties we post about on here.

RIP.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad, what a truly inspirational young man he was.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    I'm glad he had that little rally that allowed him to go home for a while before the inevitable re-admission. And that he died peacefully surrounded by family.

Me too

It feels slightly strange that he was posting on facebook a few days ago too.
    But at least you can say he will never be forgotten.
  • Rogue277Rogue277 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    R.I.P Stephen.
    Gone but not forgotton. :(
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Hopefully his family will take huge comfort in the fact that he was one of life's good 'uns. There will be a tremendous amount of people who will benefit from the £3million+ that he raised.
    What a remarkable person he was.

Haven't the charity said it is the biggest donation they've ever had? What a difference he has made an will continue to make. Heaven has gained an angel.
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor lad. His name should go down in the History books. He deserves to never be forgotten. Thoughts are with his family. What an amazing family they must be to have had such an amazing courageous, selfless lad.
  • Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kid has left a massive legacy of millions of pounds for the Teenage Cancer trust - his name and memory will live on through all those that his efforts will go on to help I'm sure.
  • yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad, such a terrific boy who achieved the goals he set.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah this is so so sad, I had read a few comments saying that his improvement was perhaps a sign that he would then go downhill very quickly.
    Very sad news.

Brave young man and an inspiration !

RIP xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inspirational, courageous, brilliant young man.
    I'm so sad to hear this, but I hope he didn't suffer too much.
    Those utterly sickening people who doubted his story obviously had no idea that people can sometimes rally before the final, sudden downturn.
    Sleep well, Stephen x
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor lad. RIP :(
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    RIP Stephen.

His life may have been tragically short, but he has certainly left his mark and achieved far more than most will ever hope to.

Condolences to his family.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    RIP Stephen, and wishing sincere condolences to Stephen's family and friends. His parent's should also be immensely proud of how well they brought up their remarkable son. Gone far too soon, but his memory will live on for years to come.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last I heard, his family said his condition had worsened dramatically. As Brian May sang, "Only the Good Die Young."
    Whilst it will undoubtedly be a traumatic and devastating ordeal for his loved ones, they can remember him as a young man who, aware of an imminent death, put all his efforts into achieving the goals which were important to him and, therefore, gave him great satisfaction.
  • bigsisbigsis Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so very, very sad. Stephen was a truly brave courageous young man who was an inspiration to us all. R.I.P Stephen we will never forget you.. Goodnight God Bless xx :cry:
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fantastic human being. RIP he's earned a rest now.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news at least he is pain free and at peace now and I am so pleased he got that extra time to see how much was raised . My thoughts go to his family and friends who whilst of course will be full of grief at this time must also be so proud of what was an exceptional young man.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Stephen Sutton is trending on Twitter
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that I've just shed some tears just watching the news. What a remarkable human being he was.