Sharon & Sadie...

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
Forum Member
✭✭
Sharon really needs a new female mate on the Square and I think Sadie would be a good mate for Sharon.

Thoughts?

Comments

• IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know, Sadie's a bit snobby. Quite similar to Tanya in that respect and I don't really want to have a repeat of that friendship. I'd actually like a Sharon/Shirley friendship. Both are matriarch material- I think Shirley could be matriarch of the Square and Sharon of the Beales. Throw in their 'frenemy' relationship and you have a new Pat and Peggy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Sadie and Ronnie would be good.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon & Denise would be better. Or Sharon & Janine.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    I don't know, Sadie's a bit snobby. Quite similar to Tanya in that respect and I don't really want to have a repeat of that friendship. I'd actually like a Sharon/Shirley friendship.

I agree. I haven't taken to this Sadie woman. She's cut from the same cloth as queen of the snobs Tanya. Sharon and Shirley is the friendship that needs to happen. They could both do with a friend and they have a lot of shared history with Phil. They could be a modern day Kathy and Pat who hated each other at first but then bonded over their history with Pete Beale and ended up becoming best friends.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadie is going to be a strong character but her entry into the show is a slow burner probarly because she is connected to Jake's story.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Sadie is going to be a strong character but her entry into the show is a slow burner probarly because she is connected to Jake's story.

With all due respect you don't know that. For all we know she could end up being a psycho like Mad May and have a short shelf life. Based on what I've seen so far I don't like her. I can't stand snobs. She probably spends 10 hours in the mirror every day telling herself how wonderful she is.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets agree to disagree on this one.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I don't know, Sadie's a bit snobby. Quite similar to Tanya in that respect and I don't really want to have a repeat of that friendship. I'd actually like a Sharon/Shirley friendship. Both are matriarch material- I think Shirley could be matriarch of the Square and Sharon of the Beales. Throw in their 'frenemy' relationship and you have a new Pat and Peggy

I agree, Sharon and Shirley together sounds good.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I agree. I haven't taken to this Sadie woman. She's cut from the same cloth as queen of the snobs Tanya. Sharon and Shirley is the friendship that needs to happen. They could both do with a friend and they have a lot of shared history with Phil. They could be a modern day Kathy and Pat who hated each other at first but then bonded over their history with Pete Beale and ended up becoming best friends.
    I agree, Sharon and Shirley together sounds good.

Completely agree; I've been wanting this for a while. The best female friendships amongst the older cast in the show have always been between women who had some friction between them, like Pat's friendships with both Kathy and Peggy. They were friendships that had a bit of grit and substance to them because the developed out of animosity.

The few flitting scenes of a growing respect between Shirley and Sharon a few months ago showed far more potential than the forced, insipid friendship between Sharon and Tanya. It could be a very beneficial set up for two characters who are both desperately in need of a boost.

I'm hopeful for this under DTC. Sharon is one of his favourite characters and Shirley is his own creation; hopefully he'll sieze on this and give us the type of friendship that could really be an asset to the show to make up for the gag-fest of Sharon and Tanya.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desire_ wrote: »
    Sadie and Ronnie would be good.

I'd be happy with Sharon and Shirley and Ronnie and Sadie!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    A Sharon/Denise friendship would be awesome.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    I'd only start giving her friends once she's fully recovered. Even then, I don't think Sadie would be very good for her.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    These suggested friend pairings are simply for plot devices though. The problem is that certain characters have been taken in directions by writers that have made them unable to be brought back. Who, exactly, would want to be friends with Sharon ? What qualities would they see in her that they like or admire so as to be her friend ? That's why she has no friends. Ditto with Ian Beale. Quite how he attracts women is something of a mystery. Either that or pathetic, barely credible writing.
  • enderforever07enderforever07 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think ronnie will find it hard to make friends with what she did.
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think ronnie will find it hard to make friends with what she did.

I think Ronnie will be condemned to the Mitchell clan for a while. I can't see her making friends easily either!

As for Sharon and Sadie, no thanks. Sharon and Shirley, yes. That would definitely be the more interesting!
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon really needs a new female mate on the Square and I think Sadie would be a good mate for Sharon.

Thoughts?

whats Sadie done to deserve that?:(
  • Mani_BhangraMani_Bhangra Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    A Sharon/Denise friendship would be awesome.

I agree with this statement, Sharon should mingle with the Beatles as Ian and Sharon are very good friends, something that not explored now like it was in the early days. Denise is now with Ian so their friendship with Sharon could be explored and more maybe a storyline on Keven Wicks death and the involvement of Phil in his death. I think Shirley could also get involved too and they form a friendship and bring back the book club.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    I think Ronnie will be condemned to the Mitchell clan for a while. I can't see her making friends easily either!

As for Sharon and Sadie, no thanks. Sharon and Shirley, yes. That would definitely be the more interesting!

I dont think Ronnie or Roxy have ever really had any friends except each other (and Christian for Roxy). Kat and Ronnie became friends when Kat returned but we all know the purpose behind that. She seemed to be friendly enough with Bianca at one stage but then they were sniping at each other again in 2010 over whether Ricky or Jack was the dad of Sam's baby.

Regarding Sadie and Sharon, I dont think they'd really be suited as friends. They are in separate age groups and at different stages of their lives (as far as I know since little has been revealed about Sadie. Maybe it'll turn out she has more in common with Sharon than we think). Sadie is around mid 30's and Sharon is mid 40's. Shirley would be better suited. They are around the same age and both have experienced their fair share of sorrow. Shirley has lost Kevin, Jimbo and Heather while Sharon has lost Den, Dennis and Tom. And like many have said they can bond over their shared history with Phil.
  • Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She migght not be
    She may turn into a female AJ masood:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadie is bloody awful. An even more snobby cow than Tanya, and we've only suffered a few months of her. Sadie is like the result of an attempt to merge Tanya and Mad May together. I agree with others, a Sharon & Shirley friendship would be the best route to go. Sadie, I feel will probably hook-up with Max at some point because I can't see him and Kirsty lasting.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    dantay24uk wrote: »

I don't think Sharon and Shirley will happen if Shirley gets close to Phil again. My choice is still Ava, they have a lot in common, Both intelligent, well educated women, both single mothers and both adopted. Sharon will need someone like this to help her through Denny's problems. A good mother, not a failed one.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Sadie and Sharon arent on the same level of attractiveness to be friends. Beside sadie, sharon would look even worse than she does.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadie is bloody awful. An even more snobby cow than Tanya, and we've only suffered a few months of her. Sadie is like the result of an attempt to merge Tanya and Mad May together. I agree with others, a Sharon & Shirley friendship would be the best route to go. Sadie, I feel will probably hook-up with Max at some point because I can't see him and Kirsty lasting.

BIB - Actually we've only had just over a month of her. I suppose it can feel like months are dragging on if you dont like a character:) Her first appearance was the first monday of August. I've barely even noticed she's there though since she seems to feature so little. She may become the next Grace Olubunmi
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    BIB - Actually we've only had just over a month of her. I suppose it can feel like months are dragging on if you dont like a character:) Her first appearance was the first monday of August. I've barely even noticed she's there though since she seems to feature so little. She may become the next Grace Olubunmi

Yes, it feels like months!

I hope she goes into obscurity, unless they make her into something less annoying.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,373
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I don't think Sharon and Shirley will happen if Shirley gets close to Phil again. My choice is still Ava, they have a lot in common, Both intelligent, well educated women, both single mothers and both adopted. Sharon will need someone like this to help her through Denny's problems. A good mother, not a failed one.

On the surface this would make the most sense, unfortunately the writers have brought in this friction over Denny, with Sharon basically telling Ava she is a rubbish teacher because ava had the nerve to tell her Denny wasn't the little Angel she thinks he is...

If they did become friends it would be way down the line, and I don't think they would be really good friends, as they are both too spiky