Change.og petition to ban Katie Hopkins from TV and Media

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this sort of thing is called The Streisand Effect....
  • davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can't even read a report properly.

Life expectancy is not 59yrs for those born in 07/08.

Hopefully she will seek to boost English literacy levels by learning to read.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    I think the petitions website is a Cameron idea.

You have completely misunderstood, comrade.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    I think she is a massive c*nt, but what exactly is this petition going to achieve other than inflating her already massive ego?
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    It would more rational and less effort to just change the channel.

Groundbreaking stuff, It'll never catch on.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Urgh, how many of these idiotic posters who scream lefite does DS really need?

Do you actually believe than anyone with left of centre political views is a supporter of totalitarianism? Can you tie your own shoes?

Surely this cant be news to you?

It is similar to Left-wingers at American universities not allowing invited Conservative speakers to speak -shouting them down.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I quite like her and find other people's reactions to her very amusing.

They manage to get far more het up and reactionary than she is herself.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    While we are at it can we just nuke the set of This Morning while she and everyone else are there? Trash tv at its lowest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    She's just been on Yorkshire's Calender news programme, deriding a social supermarket that has just opened in South Yorkshire.

The supermarket basically takes food near end of shelf life from major supermarkets that would have gone to landfill and sells it at discount prices to those on benefits and low incomes. She says she is very much against the idea and was quite offensive with her steroetypes of all on benefits. Not surprising really, but she is quite a vile woman.

But then again, she's entitled to her opinion, but equally, others are entitled to their opinion of her as a vile, horrible woman with no empathy for those less well off than her.

She has in the past referred to those on benefits and using foodbanks as akin to cancer patients, saying basically we shouldn't bother to help them as they wont be alive for long.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is a massive c*nt....

Oh! :eek: IS a massive....

I was going to ask you how you knew....:D
  • ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are making a bit too much of this helicopter crash to be honest.

Yes it's a tragic event and I have sympathy for the bereaved - but come on. Princess Diana syndrome is very apparent here. You'd make a foirtune selling flowers up there at the moment.

Scots are made of sterner stuff than for the whole nation to be moping around crying over something like this.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd make a foirtune selling flowers up there at the moment.

....or knitting needles, in the event that Sad_BB_Addict's wear out mid-disaster...
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant stand the woman.... but she didnt say anything wrong IMO...

Badly timed maybe but certainly wasnt an attack on Scotland/Scottish or as some people suggest a racist attack.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    You have completely misunderstood, comrade.

Comrade? Ha! I knew it. You're a commie pretending to be right wing to discredit them by demonstrating how ridiculous they can be. I knew it. Merry winterval to you, too.:D
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's incredibly hateful and I actively avoid everything she's on, and I think people who find her nastiness "funny" must have a miserable existence, but I wouldn't actively "ban" her. Then again, it's not possible to ban someone from tv with a petition, so I don't take it seriously.

It looks like a tool to lobbying the organisations who employ her to stop doing so, and I can't disagree with that.
    This is a little awkward. She already has a tabloid column in The Sun from what I understand. Also, from what I discovered at the weekend, her column is not published in The Scottish Sun.

That explains a lot. I've known for ages that she's hateful of the poor and working class, but her recent attacks on Scottish people comes from a different place from the usual snobbery. I thought it was tactical attention seeking from someone with a flagging career, but she might actually be genuinely annoyed by the snub.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    So you want to ban free speech ?

I'm sure no one does!!!! But perhaps we can even out free speech by preventing Hopkin's gibberwank being printed and instead allowing people the opportunity to call each other ****s on Children's TV?
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's just another dumbass mouth who opens without being engaged in gear ..... same as steve elkington the golfer ..... and anyone else who does this .....
  • Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Millions of people make sicker jokes on a daily basis, but because everyone has to get up in arms about what this woman says that's why she gets all this media attention and TV time, we are all sort of causing it if you think about it.

So true. I wouldn't even know who this woman was if it wasn't for all the threads about her on this forum.
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Smith wrote: »
    So true. I wouldn't even know who this woman was if it wasn't for all the threads about her on this forum.

Indeed, it's The Daily Mail Syndrome, for a hated newspaper among many on this forum the number of threads about its editorial output is rather larger than one would expect.
  • LurkalotLurkalot Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie for PM she's great
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    http://www.change.org/petitions/remove-katie-hopkins-from-all-programmes-and-interviews

What an insensitive and irresponsible cow Hopkins is ,no wonder Scots are fuming at her remarks after the Helicopter crash.

Ban her from all TV and Media period .

What a daft OP, equally daft petition.
    Had to click the link to find out what she's said now.
    After finding out, it makes the petition even more silly, someone having a big old reach, trying to tie her into the helicopter crash.

Give Katie time though she'll probably come up with something genuinely in poor taste about the crash, she's a troll, I wouldn't put it past her.

Errrm, I'm bored, only excuse for adding to this old tut.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lighten up...it was ajoke for christs sake and i found it funny at the time....jesus.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    *double post*
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    cat666 wrote: »
    There is a Change.org petition to give the horse who kicked Dappy a Brit Award for "Outstanding Contribtution To Music"

:D:D That gave me a good laugh. Dappy is a regular customer at my fiance's workplace. None of the staff can stand him - he's a total arse, apparently.

As for Hopkins, she's an obvious professional troll. The more people get ''outraged'' by her hyperbolic raving and drooling, the more we'll see of her. I'm amazed anyone takes her seriously.