Options

The Pierces

Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone a fan of these girls? I've only just discovered them after hearing Kissing You Goodbye on the radio.

This is their new song Kings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlEG0Ze4RjI

I feel bad I've never heard of them until now.

Comments

• Options
    pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love The Pierces,You'll Be Mine is one of my fav songs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Love these girls. Can't wait for the new album. You and I was brilliant
  • Options
    francis7francis7 Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love them. Although if you listen to the ABBA song Eagle you can see where they stole their entire sound from! :p
  • Options
    pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    It does not get much more beautiful than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHFkCo4FNEU
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I like them too. :) I have their album "You & I"
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pleased to discover their song Glorious about 3 years ago, as it is so melodic.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

I'm a fan of their hippy folk music.
  • Options
    HugoLottHugoLott Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Love them so much! Got both Thirteen Tales of Love & Revenge (amazing title) and You & I and I love them both! Underrated by far.
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd never heard of them until today when a friend gave me their debut album. Just love that haunting sound and the whole hippie aura they have. Gutted that I missed their concert in Glasgow 10 days ago.
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love 'kings' and 'you'll be mine'
    Can't get into any others of theirs though, wish I could =/
  • Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love them! Found them through my favourite show "Pretty Little Liars" they're song Secret is the theme song :) That and Sticks and Stones are my favourite!
  • Options
    RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never heard of them until today when a friend gave me their debut album. Just love that haunting sound and the whole hippie aura they have. Gutted that I missed their concert in Glasgow 10 days ago.

I doubt it was there debut album you heard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rocketpop wrote: »
    I doubt it was there debut album you heard.

Here was me thinking 'The Pierces' issued in 2000 was their debut album, silly me.

Please enlighten me what was their debut? I wouldn't mind listening to their earliest songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here was me thinking 'The Pierces' issued in 2000 was their debut album, silly me.

Please enlighten me what was their debut? I wouldn't mind listening to their earliest songs.

Fair enough. It's just most people are unaware of their first two albums and the girls themselves have pretty much left them behind (sadly). 13 Tales or You & I generally get mistaken for their debuts. Those first two albums used to be extremely hard to get hold of in the UK.

I do find it odd your friend would lend you their debut but not include any of their newer material?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough. It's just most people are unaware of their first two albums and the girls themselves have pretty much left them behind (sadly). 13 Tales or You & I generally get mistaken for their debuts. Those first two albums used to be extremely hard to get hold of in the UK.

I do find it odd your friend would lend you their debut but not include any of their newer material?

I don't know what is odd about a friend who is on limited income lending me a CD they picked up in a charity shop. I would not expect you to know my or my friend's personal circumstances so I find it odd that you found the above occurrence 'odd'.

I've now listened to their debut several times and I have also listened to a lot of their later stuff on youtube including the clip when they were on the Paul O'Grady Show. FYI my friend does not have a computer and The Pierces is the only album he has by the Pierce sisters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what is odd about a friend who is on limited income lending me a CD they picked up in a charity shop.

Well the album never actually got a UK release until very recently (based on their success of the You & I album). You couldn't even find them on UK iTunes till recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Creation" is out tomorrow. I quite like the title track and "Kings" so I'll probably buy the album at some point.

"You & I" was very good.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I love Kings, one of my favourite songs of 2014 so far, reminds me of the Medieval era/Game of Thrones. I will be sure to check out the album!
  • Options
    finluxfinlux Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    "Creation" is out tomorrow. I quite like the title track and "Kings" so I'll probably buy the album at some point.

"You & I" was very good.

I pre ordered "Creation" on Amazon - should be with me soon :)

I also have "13 tales..." and "You & I" which have plenty of cracking songs on them! Just love The Pierces :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    finlux wrote: »
    I pre ordered "Creation" on Amazon - should be with me soon :)

I also have "13 tales..." and "You & I" which have plenty of cracking songs on them! Just love The Pierces :D

I'm going to order "Creation" soon.

I listened to "I Put Your Records On" on the way to work this morning. Beautiful song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just started listening to the new album on Spotify. :)

Did anyone see them on Sunday Brunch yesterday? Here is their performance - LINK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm up to track 7 at the moment. It's all quite slow so far. Not necessarily bad, I'm enjoying it.

I'm hoping for more upbeat songs later on though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good album but this annoying 'deluxe' versions BS needs to stop. It's a shame because anyone who didn't buy the deluxe version will miss out on two of the better songs of the album 'Hold' & 'Strange Love'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good album but this annoying 'deluxe' versions BS needs to stop. It's a shame because anyone who didn't buy the deluxe version will miss out on two of the better songs of the album 'Hold' & 'Strange Love'.

I'll be buying the deluxe.

I wish that artist would stop with delude editions. Just one version of an album is enough.

I know that I'm contradicting myself by buying the deluxe though...
  • Options
    finluxfinlux Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the Album, a couple of standout songs (other than the excellent 3 singles) are Must be something & The devil is a lonely night.

A definite grower!

Deluxe version? What deluxe version??!! :o