Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
Forum Member
sandy50 wrote: »
Low Level I think is what he has to be diagnosed with - I hope you're right, but the LAW in SA is crazy !!

yes, it is crazy and i wouldn't like to say with any certainty what i think will or won't happen. but whatever happens happens and we'll just have to live with it

Continuation of: Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• WilkcoWilkco Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oscar Pistorius has sold the Pretoria home where he shot dead girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day last year.

The house, in the gated Silver Woods Country Estate community in the east of the city, has been valued at 5 million rand (£287,000/$481,000/€354,000) and was put on sale in March as the South African struggles to cope with legal fees as his murder trial continues.

It has been reported his lawyers are costing the six-time Paralympic gold medallist 95,505 rand (£5,452/$9,121/€6,700) a day.

Estate agent Ansie Louw, who managed the sale of the house, said that "one of the offers has been accepted and a transfer process is underway".

Lawyer Brian Webber has confirmed an offer to buy the athlete's upscale villa in the Silver Woods Country Estate had been accepted, although he declined to identify either the buyer or the amount it was sold for, until the process is finalised.

They've still time to withdraw then - outside toilets to be installed ..........no doubt ! :o

I wonder if Frank is part of the deal.:D
  • Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    cool. my name is the start name on this thread :D
    Forum Member
    curses! i lost my reply to sandy
    NO !! great isn't it , oh good for Donmack
    - wonder if they contacted Donmack or Donmack just sent them the post ??
    Donmack ? pray tell ??
    pleeeeeaaaassseee

i tweeted it out the day, or day after donmack originally posted it. a reeva support group retweeted it, and put it on their facebook page. i deleted my tweet when i realised, but by then it had, obviously, spread across the internet. thankfully donmack wasn't annoyed when i came clean about it :blush:

not that i'm trying to steal donmack's thunder here. it's a really awesome post and deserves all the attention it's getting :D
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Oscar been sent to prison yet?
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Long way off still and no certainty.
    He still has at least 15 days of mental assessment I think and then the trail resumes and it all depends on how long the witnesses take. Could be months yet.
  • Jenny_FleckedJenny_Flecked Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    If Oscar gets sent down can the various neighbours be charged with aiding and abetting?

Stipp got round there in a couple of minutes yet listened to 'gunshots' and to a woman screaming for 15 minutes and did nothing. As did half the neighbourhood, if they are to be believed. They are all on the record as having heard plenty but done nothing.

Of course security did drive by Oscar's house after somebody reported the first set of bangs. They said that all was quiet and in order when they drove by sometime after 3am. No lights on, no screaming.
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curses! i lost my reply to sandy

i tweeted it out the day, or day after donmack originally posted it. a reeva support group retweeted it, and put it on their facebook page. i deleted my tweet when i realised, but by then it had, obviously, spread across the internet. thankfully donmack wasn't annoyed when i came clean about it :blush:

not that i'm trying to steal donmack's thunder here. it's a really awesome post and deserves all the attention it's getting :D
    :D:D well done you, it deserved tweeting - and you were the instigator !

Crazy that it spread so fast, such is the tinternet - and it was a very good summation of a Version OP is expecting the Court to believe, and put like Donmack did.............it says it all............it is implausible !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o
    stangely ...........not yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Konya should repost the link to Bizznews with Donmack's post in print !
    Forum Member
    :D:D well done you, it deserved tweeting - and you were the instigator !

Crazy that it spread so fast, such is the tinternet - and it was a very good summation of a Version OP is expecting the Court to believe, and put like Donmack did.............it says it all............it is implausible !

:D i don't want to take any credit though. i was simply the messenger. but i'm very glad people are reading it and realising how utterly ridiculous oscar's version of events is
  • AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandy

You are listening to VT's….. not Trial evidence !!

Greenwood said that OP could be acquitted after the referral… Greenwood is not wrong or lying… he is simply bringing a bit of drama and ratings for the TV show that is paying him… and it is working brilliantly because YOU are buying it, hook, line and sinker !!

For what Greenwood said to occur, OP would have to be diagnosed with a severe mental illness that would render him incapable of distinguishing right from wrong…. it is possible that OP suffers from such an illness but it is HIGHLY IMPROBABLE

If OP had such a severe mental illness… surely Dr V. would have caught a glimpse of it…. but the only thing she could find was GAD.

Instead of relying and misinterpreting VT's, why won't you listen to Dr. V's expert testimony under oath and under cross-examination by Nel, an expert attorney ?

Dr. V clearly said :

1- If Masipa sides with the State's case then the GAD diagnosis is irrelevant…. therefore if Masipa does not believe OP's version, GAD is totally irrelevant

2- GAD does not interfere with one's ability to distinguish right from wrong…. so the possible acquittal you are referring to is already out the window

3- GAD may interfere with one's ability to act in accordance with that distinction and possibly diminish one's responsibility…. it is for the Court to determine if GAD had such an effect in OP's version of events.

That being said, I fully realize that you will stick with your precious VT's no matter what...

Not a problem…. I have another large piece of humble pie ready for you ! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.enca.com/oscartrial/
    VT on OP going in for his Psychiatric assessment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    Sandy

Greenwood said that OP could be acquitted after the referral… Greenwood is not wrong or lying… he is simply bringing a bit of drama and ratings for the TV show that is paying him… and it is working brilliantly because YOU are buying it, hook, line and sinker !!

For what Greenwood said to occur, OP would have to be diagnosed with a severe mental illness that would render him incapable of distinguishing right from wrong…. it is possible that OP suffers from such an illness but it is HIGHLY IMPROBABLE

If OP had such a severe mental illness… surely Dr V. would have caught a glimpse of it…. but the only thing she could find was GAD.

Instead of relying and misinterpreting VT's, why won't you listen to Dr. V's expert testimony under oath and under cross-examination by Nel, an expert attorney ?

Dr. V clearly said :

1- If Masipa sides with the State's case then the GAD diagnosis is irrelevant…. therefore if Masipa does not believe OP's version, GAD is totally irrelevant

2- GAD does not interfere with one's ability to distinguish right from wrong…. so the possible acquittal you are referring to is already out the window

3- GAD may interfere with one's ability to act in accordance with that distinction and possibly diminish one's responsibility…. it is for the Court to determine if GAD had such an effect in OP's version of events.

That being said, I fully realize that you will stick with your precious VT's no matter what...

you can say what you 'think' - lets see what happens and I am listening to Judge Greenwood , 30 yrs exp as a trial Judge in SA , and his view is not the same as yours', Let's WAIT and see shall we what the Hospital come back with, until then you can give your opinion same as anyone.

You are the phone data expert too remember, .....not the psychiatric analysis expert ..........and I've not eaten any 'pie' yet, you have........Reeva did not pass the Bar, she was NOT a Lawyer, which you said - she had a Law Degree.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,937
    Forum Member
    Going through Pistorius's evidence during cross examination I'm confused as to where he put his prosthetic legs on after the shooting.

One day he said he sat on the bed pushing the duvet further onto the bed. I imagined him at the end of the bed facing the hifi unit so he could an eye on the passage.

The next day in his evidence he says the fan as shown in photo E55 would have been in his way as he needs a metre in front of him and it sounds like he sat on the floor with his back to the passage.

Something else, where does Pistorius mention looking for socks are they the ones for his stumps or legs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    AJ, consider this:

On OP's version he has just finished fannying about with the fans when he hears the world's noisiest intruder in the bathroom. He freezes for a moment then goes for his gun, telling Reeva to get down but otherwise doesn't communicate with her being totally focussed on the mythical interloper. He then does all those daft things, heading towards the danger, screaming, not wondering wtf Reeva is up to etc. Totally unbelievable right? Right!

But if he's got GAD then his anxiety might make that reaction to events slightly more plausible. That's all I'm saying. Still a crock and still not enough to counteract other facts like the screams. But just the tiniest bit more credible.
    Forum Member
    Sandy

Dr. V clearly said :

agree with every word of this, but specifically the bit i bolded and underlined :)
  • Jenny_FleckedJenny_Flecked Posts: 237
    Forum Member

So true. I guess she rather does believe Pistorius then, since she is investigating the GAD, which as you say would be pointless if she doesn't believe OP's version.
  • konyakonya Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    Konya should repost the link to Bizznews with Donmack's post in print !

AARRGGHHHH New thread. I panicked at first, I went for dinner, came back, refreshed the page and couldn't post! Thought I'd been banned :(

Here is the Donmack thingy http://www.biznews.com/oscar-pistorius-trial/2014/05/oscar-pistorius-version-events-brilliant-summary-athlete-wants-us-believe/

And now I can't reply to everyone on the other thread can I?

Err AJ Yes you can stay over at my new house. Although PM me a photo of yourself first please ;-)

Well done Siobhan for getting Donmack's post out there.

Should Donmack get some kind of financial reward for her post? I'd bloody want something :D

Lynwood, thanks for this link :Dhttp://gajitz.com/coolest-hack-ever-...es-fan-diy-ac/
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    Wilkco wrote: »
    I wonder if Frank is part of the deal.:D

Why would anyone want a Deaf Front Door Opener and a Blind Gardner?

No .... Frank will be off somewhere he can be kept safe and looked after.
  • DonmackDonmack Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Yes, BizNews contacted me and asked if they could reprint it.

I shan't let fame go to my head, promise.

Ciao, little people *air kisses*
    Forum Member
    So true. I guess she rather does believe Pistorius then, since she is investigating the GAD, which as you say would be pointless if she doesn't believe OP's version.

no, i don't think that's the case at all. she had no choice but to issue the referral. if she didn't, it would become something that could be used in an appeal if oscar is found guilty. masipa is doing everything possible to make sure he's getting a fair trial, right down to making sure he's not too tired to continue. she's keeping her cards very close to her chest and not giving anything away
  • AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are you reposting this ? you can say what you 'think' - lets see what happens and I am listening to Judge Greenwood , 30 yrs exp as a trial Judge in SA , and his view is not the same as yours', not surprisingly. Let's WAIT and see shall we what the Hospital come back with, until then you can give your opinion same as anyone.

Reposting ??… :confused: I just wrote this

Show us a VT where someone said that OP could be acquitted if diagnosed with GAD ?

Show us a VT where someone said that if OP is diagnosed with GAD, Masipa has to ignore all versions of events (State and Defence) ?

You can't… because it isn't so !

You are mis-inferring from Greenwood's statement…. he NEVER specified which diagnosis could lead to OP's acquittal…. YOU decided that Greenwood was talking about GAD… but he was not.

BiB… Surprisingly, I totally agree with Greenwood's statement…. because I understood what he was saying ! :p
    Forum Member
    Why would anyone want a Deaf Front Door Opener and a Blind Gardner?

No .... Frank will be off somewhere he can be kept safe and looked after.

My best guess is Frank is the new Man In The Iron Mask, in some tower somewhere. Poor sod.
    Forum Member
    Donmack wrote: »
    Hi all

hahaha. really?! that's so awesome :D

don't desert us all though please :(:p
    Forum Member
    Donmack wrote: »
    Hi all

Well done you!

Would you switch our Christmas lights on please hun?
This discussion has been closed.