Options

Cold Feet ITV New Series starts 5th September

Comments

• Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Thread is dead for such a big comeback show.
    Give it a chance! It's just finished.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It worked for me. It made me both laugh and cry.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Thread is dead for such a big comeback show.

Which is usually a good sign as it means that people are actually watching it rather than moaning about it online.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wedding scene was beautifully filmed - lovely use of light and colour.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I so wanted 'I Adam, take thee Rachel....' to happen. :D

I loved the episode, so glad it's back and as good as it was.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    It's a pity Rachel died. They probably never anticipated a return years later or I bet they wouldn't off killed her off. I do miss her.

They filmed that scene near where I used to live in Moston. I recognised the old cafe on the corner when I watched that episode.

I dipped in and out of cold feet over the years so I'm not really sure how much of a miss she is tbh.
  • Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch the original run (as I thought it was too "old" for me at the time) but I really enjoyed this episode. It's easy to get into as a new viewer, and get a sense of the characters and their relationships.

I like that the kept the cheesy old 90s logo!
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Lol
    MaureenG wrote: »
    Brill, brill, brill :) Lovin' it so much.

Anyone know the track played at the very end -
    "I'm a patient man
    but what do i have to do
    I scoured the waves for a song
    so long..."

Googled it - but nowt. Sounds like Guy Garvey.

If you can play it back on catch up you could Shazam it. They did play part of Open up your Door by Richard Hawley earlier.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    I so wanted 'I Adam, take thee Rachel....' to happen. :D

I loved the episode, so glad it's back and as good as it was.

Haha :D There'd have been a double irony to that - what with Helen Baxendale having been in Friends :D I was just comparing CF to Friends earlier in my head.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Haha :D There'd have been a double irony to that - what with Helen Baxendale having been in Friends :D I was just comparing CF to Friends earlier in my head.

Yup!!
  • Options
    MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    Lol

If you can play it back on catch up you could Shazam it. They did play part of Open up your Door by Richard Hawley earlier.

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to Shazam it from catch up.

Been through all Richard Hawley's albums - not there. Tho' it does sound like him.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Been through all Richard Hawley's albums - not there. Tho' it does sound like him.
    I'm sure I read that Guy Garvey was composing a new song as the theme tune to this, so it's likely a new original. :)
  • Options
    StrangeStrange Posts: 14,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed it
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just google it...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-09-05/what-is-the-new-cold-feet-theme-tune
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm really pleased with it, so far. Monday evenings, nine to ten, from now on are committed - no phone, no kindle and no distractions from Bebe, my dog. 😁
  • Options
    Forum Member
    G

http://youtu.be/lx4xrYx_KHY
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Mixed feelings. It was good. Rachel is missed, but I guess that's sort of the point. Her absence and Adam's new adventures are pretty much the lynchpin of the relaunch - would there really be a new angle to bring the show back with, with a full cast?

... My random thoughts anyway. Roll on next week!
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed that, just as good as it used to be.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch the original run (as I thought it was too "old" for me at the time) but I really enjoyed this episode. It's easy to get into as a new viewer, and get a sense of the characters and their relationships.

I like that the kept the cheesy old 90s logo!
    I'm the other side of your coin, I watched it for the first time tonight and that hour seems to have lasted a week! I'm not tempted to return, which is a shame as I wanted to like it. :(
  • Options
    manufanberksmanufanberks Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    To watch a brand new episode of Cold Feet after watching the series as a teenager then watching the dvds and the re runs was so good. Im an avid fan of the show, i was really worried it will be a let down but all in all i thought it was a good return. Just too much packed in one episode and the breaks were so annoying. Would have liked the wedding to have been stretched over another episode to have include more air time for Karen/Jenny/Pete etc
    Im really hoping it goes strength to strength maybe for another series to be made then maybe to rest it and bring it back in another 10 yrs for a one off episode or a series lol
  • Options
    Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed though it did feel a bit like the James Nesbitt show. Hope the next episodes show more of the ensemble cast. The ages of the kids felt a bit wrong too young Adam and Matthew looked the same age but Adam was born a few years before him. Those niggles aside it was nice to see them all back together again.
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't watch the original series - this was OK, but not completely sold. I too was waiting for I Adam take thee Rachel ! Is there any history between Jenny and Adam? Got some sort of vibe there.
  • Options
    manufanberksmanufanberks Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Karly wrote: »
    Didn't watch the original series - this was OK, but not completely sold. I too was waiting for I Adam take thee Rachel ! Is there any history between Jenny and Adam? Got some sort of vibe there.

They kissed at the end of series 1, Jenny has always had strong feelings for him but he sees her more as a sister. They nearly kissed again at the end if series 5 but both saw sense
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you manufanberks :)
  • Options
    Super- GirlSuper- Girl Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Never saw the original when it was on TV but just happened to watch the entire run over the last few days and then realised this new series was on so really happy but wow so strange coming back to it after 15 years.

HD doesn't help at all with ageing the actors. Of course in 15 years they have aged anyway but a shame we have to film everything now in HD so you can see every bloody wrinkle and pore!

Cast are all good as I would have expected. Dont know.. found it all looked a bit gloomy and dark and trying to be clever with the way it was filmed. Cold feet doesn't need any of that, it should be more about the characters and the writing.

Still some funny moments- hopefully it will warm up as the series goes on. Just felt its lost something- a lightness? Something. Felt a bit like it was trying to be some clever ITV drama at times..