Options

migrants

Comments

• Options
    John_Smith86John_Smith86 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    If the government started to kill people like the poster they would expect the rest of us to defend them against the government. That's what a society is.

Difficult to build, very easy to destroy if too many don't believe in the principle.

These migrants don't.

These migrants don't believe in the principle of society? You do realise that is an incredibly stupid thing to say. How many of these immigrants have you polled?

What if the rest of society didn't defend, either because they had been turned against the particular group of people or because they were too scared. Would you or the person I originally quoted see the Jews that fled the Nazis as "rats"?
    How would beating up a lorry driver keep your family safe?

And while you are being 'brave' enough to beat up a lone truck driver, how come you are not fighting back for your country?

In an instance where the lorry driver would potentially be the barrier between my family and a safe and secure life.

It isn't about being brave or not. It is about practicality. How practical is it to stand up against a whole war on your own?
  • Options
    liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how an you compare them to rats >:(, they are desperate human beings :(

Desperate my ar5e.....most of them appear to be fit, young to middle aged blokes who avoided claiming asylum in a number of safe countries, so they can sit for weeks/months in squalor, so they can come to a land they perceive as being paved with gold.

I'd employ tear gas and rubber bullets if they continue to threaten lorry drivers and 'attack' the tunnel.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The population of most African countries is doubling every 25 years, at the moment it's 1500 migrants storming the Channel tunnel every night, in the next few decades it'll be 20,000, 30,000, 50,000 who knows.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These migrants don't believe in the principle of society? You do realise that is an incredibly stupid thing to say. How many of these immigrants have you polled?

What if the rest of society didn't defend, either because they had been turned against the particular group of people or because they were too scared. Would you or the person I originally quoted see the Jews that fled the Nazis as "rats"?

In an instance where the lorry driver would potentially be the barrier between my family and a safe and secure life.

It isn't about being brave or not. It is about practicality. How practical is it to stand up against a whole war on your own?

Well said. The BIB? They would have to, surely.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it meant the safety of my family, I would do anything to secure it. Beating up a lorry driver is the least of it.

It looks like most of them don't have any sort of family with them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Furthermore, they majority appear to have fled persecution, torture and death and appear to have left their women, children and OAPs behind.

Still, they apoear to be in contact with home because the lot they interviewed on Southeast news the other night seemed to be clutching iphones and the like.
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    The majority, language skills or in some cases family already here. In the case of asylum seekers the top four nationalities of UK asylum seekers are from Syria, Eritrea , Albania and Pakistan, where English is widely spoken and taught in schools. France attracts French speakers more than others.

There is also a European death toll, once they seek asylum.
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/15/uk-asylum-deaths-detention

With all due respect Anne I doubt very much the majority of those men storming the tunnel have family here. They're safe from ISIS in France and for those who do have family here fair enough if they can prove it let them in, if they can't France can keep them. I also don't see them as lesser as the article you've linked to seems to indicate. I see them as desperate to escape a barbaric regime, which they have managed to do by getting to France so perhaps they should attempt to find work and accommodation there. But I feel a lot of them do see the UK as the golden land and believe they will be given housing and benefits etc but are in for a nasty shock when they get here.

The benefits and housing are usually only given to those who have young children to prevent the children being homeless, the young working age fit men/women will get nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liftmaster wrote: »
    Desperate my ar5e.....most of them appear to be fit, young to middle aged blokes who avoided claiming asylum in a number of safe countries, so they can sit for weeks/months in squalor, so they can come to a land they perceive as being paved with gold.

I'd employ tear gas and rubber bullets if they continue to threaten lorry drivers and 'attack' the tunnel.

:confused: They do.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11178768/Calais-police-demand-live-rounds-after-second-day-of-clashes-with-migrants.html

Paved with gold? So what attracted more people to seek asylum in 6 countries above the UK, in the first quarter of this year alone?

.http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/File:First_time_asylum_applicants,_Q1_2014_%E2%80%93_Q1_2015.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot believe some of the comments on here, probably the same ones banging on about the injustice of a lion being hunted and killed, yet youre referring to human beings as "rats"

I can't explain why, when reading about the lion,I felt a pang of sadness match that with my reaction to the news that one migrant died in the tunnel last night which was 'oh well'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We are discussing the ones in Calais....the 5000 (increasing daily).
  • Options
    Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the attitude from some towards migrants is pretty disgusting. Are we not all human beings, deserving of some compassion?

Sure you will get some 'bad' people who are migrants but then you also get some bad people who are non migrants too.

For me the blanket negativity directed towards vast swathes of people, with no thought with regard to individual circumstance, or indeed an individual themselves, is pretty sad to see.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    I think the attitude from some towards migrants is pretty disgusting. Are we not all human beings, deserving of some compassion?

agree with you 100% :)
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sure you will get some 'bad' people who are migrants but then you also get some bad people who are non migrants too.

For me the blanket negativity directed towards vast swathes of people, with no thought with regard to individual circumstance, or indeed an individual themselves, is pretty sad to see.

for me and & lot of other people the questions are why aren't they claiming asylum before they get to Calais if they are so desperate and why does it always seem to be young men that are fleeing their homelands. If it was mothers & children I suspect we'd be a lot more sympathetic
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

And you show why we don't need that type of person in this country.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    for me and & lot of other people the questions are why aren't they claiming asylum before they get to Calais if they are so desperate and why does it always seem to be young men that are fleeing their homelands. If it was mothers & children I suspect we'd be a lot more sympathetic
    It's because they are economic migrants..... not asylum seekers. :cool:
  • Options
    Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »

I get where you're coming from but why should people who don't happen to be a mother or a child, not be equally deserving of sympathy.

Sure if it were me and I had a wife and kids they would be my first priority but putting that to one side- in this supposed age of equality surely any human life, male or female, young or old, is just as valuable as the next.
  • Options
    John_Smith86John_Smith86 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    And you show why we don't need that type of person in this country.

How?

Would you have turned away the Jews who fled to here (and other places) in the 1930's? After all, the rats should have fought back. "No Mr Goldberg, you can't move your family here to escape persecution. Why don't you fight back? I hear Hitler has a glass jaw, so smack him in the mouth and all will be ok".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are discussing the ones in Calais....the 5000 (increasing daily).

Great, lets just let the ones in that aren't wielding knives, lobbing bricks and carrying out physical violence.....then ask them where they come from, have they suffered etc, etc. Then let them in.....

How can you ever prove someones history if they don't even have proof of their origin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    With all due respect Anne I doubt very much the majority of those men storming the tunnel have family here. They're safe from ISIS in France and for those who do have family here fair enough if they can prove it let them in, if they can't France can keep them. I also don't see them as lesser as the article you've linked to seems to indicate. I see them as desperate to escape a barbaric regime, which they have managed to do by getting to France so perhaps they should attempt to find work and accommodation there. But I feel a lot of them do see the UK as the golden land and believe they will be given housing and benefits etc but are in for a nasty shock when they get here.

The benefits and housing are usually only given to those who have young children to prevent the children being homeless, the young working age fit men/women will get nothing.

In this country everyone gets a roof over their head if they claim asylum. Illegals who do not claim asylum get nothing at all and can only try to disappear into the deprived existence of the black economy, which we gain from quite substantially.

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get

Claiming asylum here has also meant for years, being held in prison situations, if they were" fast tracked". This callous "system" was suspended earlier this month.

http://detentionaction.org.uk/campaigns/end-the-fast-track-to-despair
    END THE DETAINED FAST TRACK
    Many people arriving in the UK are detained from the minute after they claim asylum in the UK. Their entire asylum claim is processed while they are locked in a high security immigration detention centre. This system is called the ‘Detained Fast Track’ but is often referred to as the ‘DFT’.
    That has been thrown into disarray today, thankfully. We are supposed to be a civilised country.

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2015/07/29/home-office-in-turmoil-following-asylum-ruling
    The government's asylum processing system was in disarray today after a legal ruling forced it to completely reappraise how it evaluates the claims of those seeking safety in the UK.

The court of appeal backed a judgement by the high court which found the detained fast-track system was so unfair as to be unlawful.

France refuse to keep them and no-one can be forced to claim asylum in any country. Once they have claimed asylum they can't move on. I've said before I have no doubt many of the men in Calais are economic migrants, who are exploiting this crisis, but unless the French process them, no-one knows who they are, until they get here and we process them, if they claim asylum. France also can't or won't cope properly with the numbers they already have seeking asylum, with many of them homeless. It's obviously too late once they've reached Calais and now in complete disarray.
    No-one at all would need to stay in Europe if there was properly organised system of processing, between the EU and the UN at the points of entry, which the UN are offering to assist with. They are buying up land and creating refugee camps in neighbouring countries to crisis zones.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How?

Would you have turned away the Jews who fled to here (and other places) in the 1930's? After all, the rats should have fought back. "No Mr Goldberg, you can't move your family here to escape persecution. Why don't you fight back? I hear Hitler has a glass jaw, so smack him in the mouth and all will be ok".

If the Jews were camped out at Calais stopping our lorry drivers from traveling freely and attacking them, then yes I would have stopped them coming here.

But like I said, I don't want the sort of people who run away from their country and attack lorry drivers, in this country,. as it seems we already have enough here anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a programme on the other night which highlighted housing problems. They studied Tower Hamlets.

There were 4500 people awaiting housing and the estimated homeless level had rose from 200 to 2100. Unemployment was also increasing.

I know, lets let a few more thousand in.
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if the choice was stay and be killed or flee and survive i would flee

They are not fleeing anything. They are just after a free ride in Britain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a programme on the other night which highlighted housing problems. They studied Tower Hamlets.

There were 4500 people awaiting housing and the estimated homeless level had rose from 200 to 2100. Unemployment was also increasing.

I know, lets let a few more thousand in.

I noticed that all the applicants for social housing on that episode apart from one were foreign, in fact so the were all housing officers, apart from one. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The majority, language skills or in some cases family already here. In the case of asylum seekers the top four nationalities of UK asylum seekers are from Syria, Eritrea , Albania and Pakistan, where English is widely spoken and taught in schools. France attracts French speakers more than others.

There is also a European death toll, once they seek asylum.
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/15/uk-asylum-deaths-detention

We still don't want them here.
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How?

It's a very lame argument to bring the Jewish persecution into it to evoke emotive arguments. I don't think of them as lesser in any way and have sympathy for their situation fleeing a barbaric ISIS. But that does not explain why they can't stay in France where they are safe which is what I believe most people are asking about?
This discussion has been closed.