Should short men marry tall women?

2»

Comments

• AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People should marry whoever the hell they want without anybody else dictating what should be allowed, especially not something as ridiculous as height!
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course short men should date tall women, and vice versa. It has never stopped men like Bernie Ecclestone, Rod Stewart, Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood etc. Although as my dad used to say, they are all tall standing on their wallets!

Why do you care what other people think? If you like the person then go ahead and date them. Looks are only the outer covering, what is important is their true nature.
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    In general tall women aren't interested in short men unless the man has supreme confidance and social status.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ask Jamie Cullum.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she have to be a natural blonde? (mine's dyed), is 5' 1" ok? just how big do the boobs need to be? I've got the Scouse accent but not squeaky (I can't stand squeaky voices) I think I might be your woman..............................................................................If you don't mind wrinklies :D

I don't mind wrinkles to be honest, I have a few... Ibe been described as a young John Travolta so if I could be your man then let me know
  • dellab49dellab49 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    As long as the couple are happy with each other, who ares what other people think.

If they are happy they should be free to marry.
  • thisthis Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Me and my other half are roughly same size, but when we go out she might wear heels and she kinda towers above me ( 6inch) lol, I love it she even calls me son hahaha but yea someone commented that i had a face on me that looked like i had won :D
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she have to be a natural blonde? (mine's dyed), is 5' 1" ok? just how big do the boobs need to be? I've got the Scouse accent but not squeaky (I can't stand squeaky voices) I think I might be your woman..............................................................................If you don't mind wrinklies :D

:DI'd have settled for a big Scouse with squeaky boobs.
  • TARDIS BlueTARDIS Blue Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it doesn't bother them, it shouldn't bother anyone else.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ye gods, I think you are onto something, Gusto. The lions will be lying down with the lambs next.
    Though part of me sometimes wobbles when I see how much there is to enjoy on a 6ft woman.
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    It's not the size that's important - it's what's inside a person that is.
    what if that bit is also quite short?
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or is it just ridiculous. Isn't it 'normal' that men SHOULD be taller than women?

I say all this because Dec, off Ant and Dec, got married to a woman who is a good 6 inches taller than him.

Is it wrong?:p

No of course it's not ridiculous.

You on the other hand....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SpaceCake wrote: »
    Short women got out with tall men so why can’t short men go out with tall women? My sister is over 6ft in heels, but her husband is 5ft 9. It doesn't bother them so why should it bother anyone else. Two female friends at university are over 5ft 10, but neither of them has any problem going out with shorter guys. In fact, one of them is going out with a guy is 5ft 6. As I tall guy I can tell you that I face problems just like my shorter friends do. I’m not immune from rejection just because I’m over 6ft. Confidence is the important thing. One of my closest friends is 5ft 7, but he has more success with girls at university than most of my taller friends do. Why? He accepts who he is and enjoys himself.

There seems to be an obsession with height at the moment, or at least that’s the way it seems. Look up any good looking celebrity and one of the first hits on Google is regarding their height. I swear some women burst into tears when they find out a celebrity's real height, it's pathetic. There was a woman on The Daily Mail complaining about James McAvoy's height. She wrote about how disappointed she was when she found out he was "only" 5ft 7. Why does it matter? It's not like she has a chance with him. Look up any article about Cameron Diaz and her husband Benji Madden and most of the comments will be about the height difference between them. It wouldn't be an issue if she was shorter than him. It's a double standard that annoys me.

A lot of women consider anything under 6ft short and usually it’s the short, dumpy women. They seem hell bent on making shorter men feel inadequate when in reality a lot of these women should grow a good five inches themselves before criticising someone else. I doubt any of them would appreciate being ridiculed and rejected because their breasts are too small, hips are too big or their nose too masculine. I'm glad I'm a gay guy. There's less nonsense when it comes to men than women.

Post of the thread, SpaceCake. :)

It's heartening to read such intelligent comments on this topic.

You're so right; confidence makes all the difference. A good looking short guy (or even a not so good looking one) can be a great success on the dating scene if he has that belief in his own self-worth.
  • Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    In general tall women aren't interested in short men unless the man has supreme confidance and social status.

That's true, the fatter the wallet the further a bloke can punch above his weight. About generally not being interested though, it's also true the other way around. I'm a bit shorter than average, and it just doesn't feel right if a girl is taller than me. Unfortunately that means my options are slightly reduced, but I instinctively prefer a girl to be shorter than me. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't care if it was a one night thing, but my partner couldn't be taller.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true, the fatter the wallet the further a bloke can punch above his weight. About generally not being interested though, it's also true the other way around. I'm a bit shorter than average, and it just doesn't feel right if a girl is taller than me. Unfortunately that means my options are slightly reduced, but I instinctively prefer a girl to be shorter than me. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't care if it was a one night thing, but my partner couldn't be taller.

Why, would it make you feel immature or less of a man?

Have you ever considered the possibility that a taller lady might find you particularly cute - not to mention extra handy, as you could fit nicely under her skirt. ;-)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why, would it make you feel immature or less of a man?

Have you ever considered the possibility that a taller lady might find you particularly cute - not to mention extra handy, as you could fit nicely under her skirt. ;-)

Haha ... or in her handbag :D
  • TARDIS BlueTARDIS Blue Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even if it was only by a couple of inches?