28 cans of red bull per day

Comments

• DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many moons ago when I was in my early 20s I gave up drinking diet coke at work because, after it being pointed out I was never seen without a can on the go, I counted up and realised I was drinking 16 - 17 cans a day during my working hours :blush: So at home, over the course of a full day, I can just about believe it.

If nothing else, you've made me feel better about my own former habit! I've never done more than six a day, and now it's about half that. Though a Red bull kicks the day off for me.

Didn't you find it was a lot of volume to take in?
  • BeecosyBeecosy Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget the teeth being an issue it'll get the heart first.
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    I’ve never drank a can of Red-Bull; in fact I’ve never even tasted it at all...don’t snigger! :D

...does it actually give you wings (i.e. extra energy) ?
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    I’ve never drank a can of Red-Bull; in fact I’ve never even tasted it at all...don’t snigger! :D

ive had one once, it wasnt that nice
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody has said that here but you seem worried about it so how many cans do you get through a day?

Enough I expect given the panic in last weeks Tesco/Capri Sun/Ribena thread fretting energy drinks would be targeted next.

But expect she'll still refuse to accept the connection between that and her IBS .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have never tried it either
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I wish I earned £1800 a month from sitting on my fat arse drinking red bull all day.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For me, it's got the same effect as an espresso. I wouldn't often want more than one.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    28 cans a day is 7 litres!
    Even drinking that much water every day would be incredibly bad for you. She must piss like a horse all the time

That's what I was thinking. I'm upping how much water I drink at the moment and I even though I'm drinking the recommended daily amount I'm back and forth to the loo constantly.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking. I'm upping how much water I drink at the moment and I even though I'm drinking the recommended daily amount I'm back and forth to the loo constantly.

I suspect the recommended daily amount (2 litres) is for those who lead an active lifestyle. I can't see the point in drinking 2 litres a day if you don't need it.
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    ive had one once, it wasnt that nice

Indeed : A revolting syrupy taste

Got to admire their very slick marketing as the product itself is dire.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the misfortune of taking a mouthful of red bull when out a few months back. I was desperate for a drink and all that had was that and strawberry something or other so had to go for that as in allergic to strawberry.

Took one mouthful and threw it away.

It's positively vile. It taste as if someone has filled a can with sugar and put just enough liquid in to make it dissolve. My teeth felt like I'd not brushed them for a month immediately. In the bin it went.

I know taste is subjective but I've honestly zero idea how anyone can drink that.
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    For me, it's got the same effect as an espresso. I wouldn't often want more than one.

Way way less caffeine in a shot of espresso - in fact truth be told a cup of filter coffee contains more ....

Edit : Correction actually filter coffee has more mg of caffeine than a can of red bull

90 mg v 80 mg apparently . 250 mg Red Bull has 7 teaspoons of sugar
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    DianaFire wrote: »

In my clubbing days I would have one can of red bull while my friends would be taking coke and Es, and yet I would still be the last one on the dance floor completely off my tits on caffeine!
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've only ever had Red Bull with vodka and usually in quite large amounts. It was therefore difficult to pinpoint exactly what, if anything, it was doing.

Not sure if I'm affected much by caffeine anyway. I don't touch coffee because I can't stand the taste, but coke/other caffeine-laden fizzy drinks don't seem to do anything to me at all. I also tried caffeine pills once when I had a job interview after a night shift when I'd normally be asleep. I took many more pills than was recommended, still felt exhausted, and went to sleep as soon as I got home.
  • TankyTanky Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this enough to make you fly? Does this mean she'll have 28 pairs of wings each day?

Anyways I can only imagine what's happening to your liver and kidneys. Probably beyond repair at this point......
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have never tried it either

I did once and never again. I drank it quickly because I was thirsty. I felt terrible, the same feeling as over anxiety/ panic. The taste isn't that nice either, sickly sweet nothingness. I can't drink strong coffee and
    monosodium glutamate also affects me that way..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I did once and never again. I drank it quickly because I was thirsty. I felt terrible, the same feeling as over anxiety/ panic. The taste isn't that nice either, sickly sweet nothingness. I can't drink strong coffee and
    monosodium glutamate also affects me that way..

Not a good idea for anyone already suffering with anxiety and panic either! I've found high sugar content and caffeine are among the worst triggers (most unfortunate for one with an incredibly sweet tooth!)

It doesn't sound most appealing. Not one for my 'Try before I die' list.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With these stories you don't know what to believe. Maybe she drank 28 cans some days, but other days only about 11 or 12 cans.
  • mooblymoobly Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of taking a mouthful of red bull when out a few months back. I was desperate for a drink and all that had was that and strawberry something or other so had to go for that as in allergic to strawberry.

Took one mouthful and threw it away.

It's positively vile. It taste as if someone has filled a can with sugar and put just enough liquid in to make it dissolve. My teeth felt like I'd not brushed them for a month immediately. In the bin it went.

I know taste is subjective but I've honestly zero idea how anyone can drink that.

Yes! All of this. I can't stand the smell either, it just smells like chemicals
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a thought.. if she wasn't spending so much time shopping for and drinking that crap, she'd have more time to cook a nice meal for herself. :confused:

I do absolutely believe though, that people can become addicted to food or drink. Many don't think it is, but being addicted to sugar can be just as hard to kick as alcohol.
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    They mention the caffeine but what about the other crap that's in it?

Bull semen?
  • scottlscottl Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Way way less caffeine in a shot of espresso - in fact truth be told a cup of filter coffee contains more ....

Edit : Correction actually filter coffee has more mg of caffeine than a can of red bull

90 mg v 80 mg apparently . 250 mg Red Bull has 7 teaspoons of sugar

Taurine in it too though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurine

Even after reading that i don't know what high levels of Taurine would do to a person.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Energy drinks don't even taste nice. I really hate the idea of them, they can be so addictive.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a good idea for anyone already suffering with anxiety and panic either! I've found high sugar content and caffeine are among the worst triggers (most unfortunate for one with an incredibly sweet tooth!)

It doesn't sound most appealing. Not one for my 'Try before I die' list.

No it definitely isn't, which I've found out to my cost in the past. Coca Cola was another nasty.. Sadly too much sugar's a cert. for me too. Co-enzyme Q10 is good for energy without the shakes. I take it after lunch to avoid yearning for an old lady afternoon nap.