• clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How you manage that?
  • clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Yeah my cousin has a sim only with tesco and wanted to upgrade so called to check if they did loyalty offers. They offered what was on the website and called it a loyalty package. Rep obviously assumed he was a bit dim and hadn't checked the website first.

One mobile they talked about he offered it for 50p more than the website and called it a loyalty discount.

They also have no middle ground. I was thinking of getting an iPhone 6 when they came out. The cheapest was £43 with 3000 mins. 5000sms and 4gb data. I told him I don't use a fraction of that and didn't they have any contracts where I could pay some upfront to bring down the monthly cost to a package more inline with my actual usage. No they don't do that. So you can't pay for the phone and then chose a tariff to suit your needs.

And the majority of their tariffs are unbalanced. 1500 mins but only 500mb data etc. Unlike others who do similar priced tariffs but some have more mins and some have more data etc.

I know your point with iPhone 6 plus. Quite fancy one, however no flexibility on the price, plus the so called cost of the phone is more than what apple charge to start with.

Its £672 on their website as the cost of the phone where as Apple sell for £619. Would be nice if they matched the apple price of the phone which would make the cheapest contract sub £40
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Gigabit wrote: »
    There are also O2 boosters in Apple Stores from when O2 was the only iPhone network.

Coverage in the Southampton Apple Store was very bad on Three back in the day but full bars on O2 due to the booster.

There are also EE pico cells in some Apple stores.
    Network retail stores also have them well Voda, O2 & EE.
  • GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    There are also EE pico cells in some Apple stores.
    Network retail stores also have them well Voda, O2 & EE.

I've always wondered what the range is on these things.

Vodafone just opened a shop in Alton and the 3G where it is crap to non-existent so I guess they try to sell as many 4G phones as possible!
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »
    However on a serious note the MNVOs of the supermarkets are doing well, especially Tesco.

I hear good things about Sainsburys Mobile but they dont have 4g access I dont believe. Also I think the Asda switch to EE had many issues ..of course how Tesco and 3 get on could be interesting to see if the same deals exist?

Tesco mobile seem to offer more data than they did a while ago when I was using their PAYG service. At the time for 20 or so days of the month they seemed cheap with their triple credit and value bundles and then last 10 days of the month once the triple credit and value bundles ran out it suddenly cost a fortune with data charged at their standard PAYG rates.

AYCE data on Tesco Mobile PAYG if they become part of the 3 Group?
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigabit wrote: »
    I get a loyalty discount from Tesco. I get £5 off a month so for £15 I get 2.75GB of 4G data, 5000 texts and 1000 minutes. All on a one month contract.

8GB and 400MB of data with Tesco Mobile PAYG for £20 nowadays if you have a clubcard.

I recall when I was previously with Tesco Payg it used to cost 60p per MB with a £5 per day limit, but you could use up to 250MB of data for that same £5 which I often used that whole 250MB up well before midnight. The triple credit used to last 8 days so you used to get 2000MB if you used up 250MB of data these days. Then the data bundle that at one time was a maximum of 1GB for £7.50 which lasted 4 days generally. Then you still had £12.50 balance to try to last the other 18 days. But you only had 504mb that lasted 2 days and 0.5 hours so you have run out of the £20.

Doesn't take einstein to work out that it used to cost an absolute fortune in the region of a whopping £100 per month to consume 7500MB of data with just the one PAYG sim, you used to need 2 sims to get PAYG data to come to considerably less than the eye watering £100 per month. Now Tesco mobile PAYG data is much more competitive and you now only need to use one simcard to get over 8GB of data at a very reasonable cost.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »
    8GB and 400MB of data with Tesco Mobile PAYG for £20 nowadays if you have a clubcard.

I recall when I was previously with Tesco Payg it used to cost 60p per MB with a £5 per day limit, but you could use up to 250MB of data for that same £5 which I often used that whole 250MB up well before midnight. The triple credit used to last 8 days so you used to get 2000MB if you used up 250MB of data these days. Then the data bundle that at one time was a maximum of 1GB for £7.50 which lasted 4 days generally. Then you still had £12.50 balance to try to last the other 18 days. But you only had 504mb that lasted 2 days and 0.5 hours so you have run out of the £20.

Doesn't take einstein to work out that it used to cost an absolute fortune in the region of a whopping £100 per month to consume 7500MB of data with just the one PAYG sim, you used to need 2 sims to get PAYG data to come to considerably less than the eye watering £100 per month. Now Tesco mobile PAYG data is much more competitive and you now only need to use one simcard to get over 8GB of data at a very reasonable cost.

Can the data bundles be added to the Tesco Lite plan?