Options

Starz crime soap Power

CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anybody watched this yet? It's the new crime drama \ soap from the network behind Spartacus and is produced by 50 Cent. It follows a New York drug lord who tries to go straight by opening a nightclub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7fuOkF74Zw

Only three episodes have aired and it has been renewed for a second season already. It has been getting mixed reviews though so I'm slightly hesitant to try and get into it. Also, FOX are launching a similarly themed soap called Empire starring Terrence Howard which looks much superior to this. It'd be good to hear what others think of it.

Comments

• Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was interested at first when I saw it was on Starz, but then I read the Wikipedia entry and it mentioned 50 Cent and I decided to pass!
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I was interested at first when I saw it was on Starz, but then I read the Wikipedia entry and it mentioned 50 Cent and I decided to pass!

I thought that the premise sounded really good and was willing to ignore the fact that 50 Cent was involved as I'm not a fan but then a few of the reviews that I read have described it as being like an extended music video with all style and no substance which is what is kind of putting me off it.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starz renewed it after one episode. Bit quick
    I wouldn't let mixed reviews dictate whether you watch shows or not.

I gave it a go but it wasn't for me
    Just a drama about fame and drugs. Other than that, nothing to it

Empire is more about Fame and is set a few decades behind and is nothing like Power judging by the preview.

I don't know what it is about Starz but I haven't ever enjoyed one of their shows ever.
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It is going to be confusing when "powers" comes out.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what it is about Starz but I haven't ever enjoyed one of their shows ever.

'Boss' was the best one.
  • Options
    TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes watching this and Rogue - enjoying them both.