Options

New Content/Channels

ANy News Channels coming to Tiscali or NEW OD Content ????

Comments

• Options
    ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way Tiscali seems to be going, it's more a question of what channel or content will they take away rather than what's new...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Well i Hope they book up there ideas We NEED More channels/content

When was the last time there was a channel added ?????
  • Options
    michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the new channel from the UKTV Network, "Eden" has appeared on channel 130. The do need to keep them coming tho. I can't understand why Dave +1 isn't on Tiscali TV as it is broadcast over the air..

Mike :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Well the new channel from the UKTV Network, "Eden" has appeared on channel 130. The do need to keep them coming tho. I can't understand why Dave +1 isn't on Tiscali TV as it is broadcast over the air..

Unfortunately, Mike, Eden is merely a renaming and slight content change for UKTV Documentary, so not really a new channel.

It does worry me though that for some time the content is either static or reducing - I suspect the uncertainty over the possible takeover of Tiscali is making investment in new material difficult.
  • Options
    michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yea, i totally forgot about UKTV Documentary. I wonder why Watch and Alabi have not made it on to Tiscali..

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    It makes you wonder why they couldnt do a deal with UKTV to get all there channels just like Virgin Media did with Sky and like Tiscali did with Sky.

I hope there is going to be some additions soon because im now finding myself bored on a nite seeing adverts for LOADS of channels we dont get on tiscali.

THe Bill on Alibi Thursday at 9
    Richard and Judy only on Watch the new Entertainment Channel
    Virgin 1 BEFORE 6pm
    Trouble its really annoying lol
  • Options
    dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until the financial situation is sorted out with Tiscali, I doubt they'll be able to do any deals to get anymore channels on air because they can't provide, at the moment, a guarantee that the service itself will be running in 6 months time.

So, unless they can sell themselves to a company that'll be interested in the TV product (ie. if they can get Sky interested in them again) OR, somehow, find a multi-billionaire with more money than sense and get investment from there, you're not going to get anything new for quite a while.
  • Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The non-mainstream channels contain so much dross I can do without any more of them, and the ones I do watch are full of repeats.

parthena :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Can anyone explain to me the technical reason that the tuner in the Ticali STB is unable to detect DTT broadcasts such as Dave +1 ?

Unless, of course, the boxes have been programmed to ignore certain DTT channels.

But what would be the point of that ? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    halfdog wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me the technical reason that the tuner in the Ticali STB is unable to detect DTT broadcasts such as Dave +1 ?

Unless, of course, the boxes have been programmed to ignore certain DTT channels.

But what would be the point of that ? :confused:

Have you scanned for them, if they are new channels?
  • Options
    ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems at though Tiscali set the channel number etc so if the box finds a channel but has not been given a number to assign it to, it just ignores it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Zapomatic wrote: »
    It seems at though Tiscali set the channel number etc so if the box finds a channel but has not been given a number to assign it to, it just ignores it.

So in competion with "FREEVIEW PLUS" Tiscali have introduced the revolutionary "FREEVIEW MINUS " :eek: