Options

Tiscali Freevew Box

krooneykrooney Posts: 628
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi,
I normally post in the DTT and Broadcasting sections. However, I have Tiscali Broadband and I have just purhcased a Tiscali Freeview box on the ebay uk site. Is this how it works:

Full DTT channels (I live in a good reception area).

Broadband channels such as Sky One, Paramount etc. Movies and Sport classified as extra packages. Are these channels are delivered by your wireless router?

One small thing, are any of the Tiscali channels delivered by cable as I don't live in a fibre-optic area. I can't get Virgin TV for example

I didn't think there was any box which done DTT and cable. The seller on ebay uk called it a Tiscali Freeview box.

I want to use it as freeview and it has a freeview pvr. I am also interested in the Tiscali Variety pack so is it only a matter of calling them up and getting a deal done on the broadband and television?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    krooney wrote: »
    Hi,
    I normally post in the DTT and Broadcasting sections. However, I have Tiscali Broadband and I have just purhcased a Tiscali Freeview box on the ebay uk site. Is this how it works:

Full DTT channels (I live in a good reception area).

Broadband channels such as Sky One, Paramount etc. Movies and Sport classified as extra packages. Are these channels are delivered by your wireless router?

One small thing, are any of the Tiscali channels delivered by cable as I don't live in a fibre-optic area. I can't get Virgin TV for example

I didn't think there was any box which done DTT and cable. The seller on ebay uk called it a Tiscali Freeview box.

I want to use it as freeview and it has a freeview pvr. I am also interested in the Tiscali Variety pack so is it only a matter of calling them up and getting a deal done on the broadband and television?

I'm afraid you've been sold a pup mate.
    It won't work without a TTV contract which may or may not be available in your area.

The STB is also rented to you so the person that sold you it was not entitled to sell this.
    I would be asking for a refund asap.

Regards

Brett
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Yea thats probably only good to butcher the hard disc out of it. Or to use it as a doorstop.
    If the box doesn't detect the tiscali tv broadband link by ethernet cable it completely locks up.
  • Options
    krooneykrooney Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks fellas for the information. My brother got it off ebay uk and has managed to get a refund through the fella. All £26! I only phoned Tiscali after getting it ordered and posting on here. They said TTV is not available in Northern Ireland and the guy should not have been selling it. The operator said you must order your own TTV box. I'm happy anyway with Freeview. Was just interested in a top-up sort of thing.