being Paul Gascoigne

alkrington girlalkrington girl Posts: 36
Forum Member
Is anyone watching this. It's interesting to see this from his prospective.

Comments

• horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am ... I was surprised at the Botox... of all his problems I would think a few crows feet were the least of his worries
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone watching this. It's interesting to see this from his prospective.

I'm watching some of it, but how sad is he? He looks 60 at least (the botox does nothing) and speaks with the voice of an 80 year old.... Presumably this was filmed before his latest drop off the wagon.... It's very sad really and I can only see him going the same way as George Best.... How come he still has so much money?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sad character - tragic:(
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    This is a tad depressing to watch.
  • Barbsm@wanadoo.Barbsm@wanadoo. Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes such a shame!
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching BBC 2 since 9pm. I've even left Sarah Millican on, that's how interested in Gascoigne I am.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,928
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    I'm watching some of it, but how sad is he? He looks 60 at least (the botox does nothing) and speaks with the voice of an 80 year old.... Presumably this was filmed before his latest drop off the wagon.... It's very sad really and I can only see him going the same way as George Best.... How come he still has so much money?

He does look ill to be honest but it is to be expected after all the abuse he has put his body through it is a miracle he is still with us to be honest. I think i heard he got £60,000 in compensation from the phone hacking scandal so maybe that is were he got his money from. Is Gazza drinking again at the moment? i heard the story about him spending 4k at the bookings while staggering around drunk last week but i haven't heard anything about him drinking since. I hope it was a one off, but if the story is true i doubt he is sober at the moment, like you say another George Best waiting to happen probably only a matter of time now. I would be surprised if Gazza is still alive in 2 years time if he carries on like he is doing. Very Sad.
  • alkrington girlalkrington girl Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I am ... I was surprised at the Botox... of all his problems I would think a few crows feet were the least of his worries

I was surprised about that but I suppose it makes him feel better about himself.

It is sad to watch as he is still struggling and you wonder how long he will live as he still has drinking binges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the PFA helps him out financially, plus he has some very rich friends. I think he has had to pay his ex quite a lot in maintenance, so can't imagine he has anything left from his playing days

He's fallen off the wagon again IIRC
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice Jimmy Five Bellies has put the weight back on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not Bianca's dad though is he?
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    He's not Bianca's dad though is he?

No only the youngest Son is his, but he did adopt Bianca and her brother Mason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God his family blow hot and cold don't they? Where does the money come from? His friends had to pay for rehab but the family seem to be well to do, on what?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame. The guy has so many good people around him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God his family blow hot and cold don't they? Where does the money come from? His friends had to pay for rehab but the family seem to be well to do, on what?

She got about a million lump sum, then about £100k a year. plus there is the books, and media stuff.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member

I bet he gets a lot of freebies, for example British Airways apparently paid for his airfare for his last trip to America for rehab, nobody wants to be seen as the 'bad guy' who turned him down
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

That's what I thought. At the start wasn't the mum saying about his football friends getting the money together for his rehab, all the while mum/dad/bro/sis all have a nice house to live in courtesy of Paul.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wondered that. His ex is doing well with the big house and range rover.

He's got so many supportive people, like Cheryl, yet he throws it back at them. Shame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the cynical side of me wonders if bianca and the kids are just tryng to hang onto the gascoine tag, hes a very vulnerable character, his biological family are the ones that should feature right now, the love there is obviously genuine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't Bianca got a real dad to judge or is Paul just a meal ticket? (rhetorical)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw This Morning talking about him today saying he needs all the help he can get.

As someone with mental health issues, who has to rely on the NHS where funding and services are being cut all the time, I've had enough of people bending over backwards for someone like Gazza at this point. He's had more chances to get well than most of us could only dream of but he seems to want to wallow in self-pity instead and it's so frustrating as someone who had to fight for YEARS to get help to watch him throw every amazing chance he's offered away. Now, I know part of mental illness is being trapped in vicious cycles and sometimes not wanting enough to get better but I say when it comes to Gazza it is time to leave him to it and offer the resources to someone who will appreciate and use them.

I was so frustrated with that comment on This Morning, I really was. It's insulting to anyone who has had to fight alone for a life time to even get a diagnosis, like me.
  • rachierachie Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,946
    Forum Member
    I fear we will be watching a tribute to Gazza before Xmas.
  • granny smithgranny smith Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel so sad for him :cry: