Walkers Crisps New Flavour Comp

impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone else tried these yet? Being a crisp fan, I sucumned to my curiosity and bought a couple of multipacks on the weekend and have now sampled them all. My personal verdict? The Fish & Chip version is edible, but most of these new flavours really are spectacularly vile.
The Chilli Chocolate and Builder's Breakfast are probably the worst of the lot.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want them to bring back proper barbecue. :(
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doesnt surprise.

I dont get why walkers have even done this. Surely the good flavoured crisps have already been R&D and manufactured if they were any good......
  • impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Marmite ones were good. Pity they haven't brought those back.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Cajun Squirrel and Hoisin Duck flavours :)
  • CharlesHamiltonCharlesHamilton Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Charlie Brooker says they all taste like bottom. I believe him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only had the Cajun Squirrel but I loved it :o
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like them all except the Builders Breakfast, that just tastes like egg, yeuch
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Builder's Breakfast is the only one that tastes like the flavour it's supposed to. I vote for that.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Cajun Squirrel and Hoisin Dick flavours :)

I hope that's a typo, coz that's the only flavour I tried. No wonder I didn't like it. :eek:

Note to self: READ the packet next time...
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doesnt surprise.

I dont get why walkers have even done this. Surely the good flavoured crisps have already been R&D and manufactured if they were any good......

It's not a competition: it's textbook markedding
    - trying to raise profile/generate interest by increasing word-of-mouth via spurious brand "story."

Consumers already have a vote, by deciding to buy or not buy a product. But if they want your help to promote their brand, they should be paying you.
  • Pickled TinkPickled Tink Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked the Onino Bhaji ones, but found them a bit salty. Really want to try the Cajun Squirrel ones but the name really puts me off!
  • 5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen them anywhere to buy them, where have people been getting them from? Are they only available in certain areas/regions?
  • impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked the Onino Bhaji ones, but found them a bit salty. Really want to try the Cajun Squirrel ones but the name really puts me off!

Well they are 'suitable for vegetarians' so it's safe to assume no actual squirrels have been harmed...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that the Builders Breakfast and the Hoisin Duck ones are the best, although i can't taste the hot buttered toast in the breakfast - just tastes of Bacon, egg and ketchup to me.

Squirrel is pointless as it is just cajun flavouring and has nothing to do with Squirrels. Not bad though
    Fish and Chip one was OK but a whole bag got a bit too much for me.
    Chilli and Chocolate was OK but couldn't really get the chocolate flavour.
    Onion Bhaji was ok. Tasted like it should.
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    I've tried the Cajun Squirrel(hate the name though), Fish and Chips and Hoisin Duck flavours

The Cajun Squirrel ones are my fave, I hated the other 2 esp the Duck one X_X

Since it's free to vote I might vote for that one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    It's not a competition: it's textbook markedding
    - trying to raise profile/generate interest by increasing word-of-mouth via spurious brand "story."

Consumers already have a vote, by deciding to buy or not buy a product. But if they want your help to promote their brand, they should be paying you.

It seems to be working, on here at least, these threads crop up every 3rd day, then get shuffled to food and drink.
  • Pickled TinkPickled Tink Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they are 'suitable for vegetarians' so it's safe to assume no actual squirrels have been harmed...

lol - although it would be very strange and even more un-nerving if they weren't suitable for vegetarians for some reason!
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that's a typo, coz that's the only flavour I tried. No wonder I didn't like it. :eek:

Note to self: READ the packet next time...

:o:o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, meat flavours in standard Walker's crips come from things like yeast extract etc. If it were Walker's Sensations then you would be getting powered squirrel meat.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fish & chips crisps are just salt & vinegar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    ONION BHAJI FOR THE WIN!

The Fish & Chip ones were slightly disappointing, and I have not tried any of the others yet.
  • Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like any of them and I like most crisp flavours usually. I bought these new ones to try them, but never again would I choose them over any of the normal flavours like salt and vinegar or prawn cocktail!!

If I had to choose my favourite of the horrible new flavours then probably Fish and Chips..
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    I've tried the fish, the duck and the squirrel ones, which are ok but nothing special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Fish & Chips ohh lovely!
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't tried them but I'll give the fish and chips and the crispy duck ones a go.

You've got to take your hats off to their marketing people, it's a great campaign.