Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Part 12 :D...We already know she's recording but as Shoed said I don't want to be seeing constant photos of her sunbathing or on the beach lmaoo. I understand the parties she's trying to make contacts that's fine but the beach time has to stop.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Read around this tonight? What the hell does that even mean lmao

definately the worst song on there

I sort of like it too, her tone is incredible in that song....:o I hated it at first it's the same with You broke my heart, love them both now. :)
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read around this donut? What the hell does that even mean lmao

definately the worst song on there

Tonight was supposed to be donut, dunno how the hell I messed those 2 up

I thought it was 'eat around this donut'....makes it even worse when thinking about what it could mean...:eek::eek:

I like all the tracks on Overcome now...I don't skip any....YMBH, GG and Bury Me are all amazing imo. I also keep playing Dumb recently....so catchy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bury me was just ridiculous and should never have been on the album especially when tracks like Before It Explodes were left off. God knows what Syco were thinking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah just thinking about Overcome. It's such a good album!! I miss those days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Alex does normally record throughout the night rather then during the day - Press are only taking shots of her lounging on the beach etc during the day there are still another 12 hours of the day where she is more then likely recording..

Someone also mentioned about the holidays the mexico trip wasn't a holiday she was out there for Virgin Holidays as they had the new route to cancun. I am also pretty sure that she did some work out in brazil..

I believe what a few other people have said I think we are going to get alot of the shelved album back if it hasn't been given to other artists already, its good that we are not hearing alot less chance of things leaking that she doesn't want to leak.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    TBH the only track I skip is that Bury Me track as it makes 0 sense. Most of the leaks are better than it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like her first single to have a proper feature though, not just a DJ. HOH had no features, so I hope we get some collaborations...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I would like her first single to have a proper feature though, not just a DJ. HOH had no features, so I hope we get some collaborations...

Same here.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member

but it must be a feature that makes her shine

The artist should be big and good enough to draw attention, but small and bad enough to make her the star of the song if you know what I mean
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New thread :D

Been really busy so haven't posted much. Roll on the new era!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Nah, I want her vocals only on the first single, and maybe a feature on the second single.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Bury me was just ridiculous and should never have been on the album especially when tracks like Before It Explodes were left off. God knows what Syco were thinking.

Vocally the best song on the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    I think the hair cut is horrible she needs a new look that runs throughout the era or single that looks flawless, I think this new fringe doesn't work at all

It's the colour :D
    I did say as did Patrick. It was fine like THIS:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2220859/Alexandra-Burke-sizzles-bright-blue-dress-cuddles-event-host-Samuel-L-Jackson-red-carpet.html

And keep it so. Never change. But they do. That style was unique and beautiful. Very very feminine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Vocally the best song on the album.

I think Before The Rain, Overcome, Perfect, The Silence and even All Night Long all come before it vocally. But she has an amazing tone on Bury Me and YBMH which isn't found anywhere else on the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Before The Rain, Overcome, Perfect, The Silence and even All Night Long all come before it vocally. But she has an amazing tone on Bury Me and YBMH which isn't found anywhere else on the album.

That's what I meant :o Sorry lol! The rasp belt on the first chorus is LIFE. YBMH, that high note...I'm so glad to confirm it's her :D After she can hit a C#6 :D

BTR is the best emotionally, Overcome and TS are the best belters. I do love Perfect live though. CHILLS I got.

All we need is a flawless era, we deserve one :p as does Alex.
    Do we think hair change is in order?

Light brown? Dark? Black? I think she deffo should keep that style she had at the Sam L Jack event. That weave was LAID.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I meant :o Sorry lol! The rasp belt on the first chorus is LIFE. YBMH, that high note...I'm so glad to confirm it's her :D After she can hit a C#6 :D

BTR is the best emotionally, Overcome and TS are the best belters. I do love Perfect live though. CHILLS I got.

All we need is a flawless era, we deserve one :p as does Alex.
    Do we think hair change is in order?

Light brown? Dark? Black? I think she deffo should keep that style she had at the Sam L Jack event. That weave was LAID.

I think we could get a D6 from her tbh. She can sing higher than most other singers of her voice type can. Her range has really improved. Alex can easily deliver a flawless era, but it's all down to the label at the end of the day.

She does need a new style to signify the new era i.e. (the bob, the ponytail) etc....something different, but not a HAM either, she's had enough of those.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait until we get some news...that is gonna be a good day. I'm hoping she doesn't take much longer with all the silence because she needs to start getting the ball rolling pretty soon before everyone else comes running in. We need an #AskAlex though....she promised one months ago...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait until we get some news...that is gonna be a good day. I'm hoping she doesn't take much longer with all the silence because she needs to start getting the ball rolling pretty soon before everyone else comes running in. We need an #AskAlex though....she promised one months ago...

I want a Ustream! But I guess beggers cant be choosers.

A #AskAlex would be fine. /:

I just want news! D:

Agh.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Same. What did you mean by HAM? Like the Kanye Jay-Z song meaning?
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I had a dream I heard lead single lmaoo and I can remember the song, well weird!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    I had a dream I heard lead single lmaoo and I can remember the song, well weird!

What was it called?!
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Love struck
  • Options
    Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excite for her to back to the sound of overcome, I'm gutted we never got a live version of before the rain! I still love light of a dreamer, before it explodes, turbulence, the map, give up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same. What did you mean by HAM? Like the Kanye Jay-Z song meaning?

No the other meaning hot ass mess. Though I like the Jay/Kanye song though :p
This discussion has been closed.