Options

I'm going adventuring tomorrow!

Dave_Morris1Dave_Morris1 Posts: 693
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone on here ever do stuff like this?

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    collitcollit Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you looking for a pirate's hidden treasure or something?
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does shopping count as an adventure? It should.

What kind of adventuring are you going to do tomorrow? :-O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    collit wrote: »
    Are you looking for a pirate's hidden treasure or something?

Nope, I have been looking on birdseye view on bing maps over my hometown and I randomly saw that the main dual carriage way that runs round the east of it has several foot bridges over it.

I am going to go rambling basically and see where the access to these foot bridges are/where they lead too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    Does shopping count as an adventure? It should.

What kind of adventuring are you going to do tomorrow? :-O

Just rambling I guess but if you think about it, even doing that you never know what could happen so why not treat it as an adventure? :D
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I have been looking on birdseye view on bing maps over my hometown and I randomly saw that the main dual carriage way that runs round the east of it has several foot bridges over it.

I am going to go rambling basically and see where the access to these foot bridges are/where they lead too.

So basically you're going for a walk. :)

Actually i do that sometimes. You often encounter unexpected delights on these walks.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try and get some sleep tonight. You sound very excited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    Try and get some sleep tonight. You sound very excited.

It's funny you should say that as I have Monday off work and tbh - I million different ideas have been racing through my head for the weekend and I am a bit hyper! :D

I will go to bed tonight though and maybe set off about 8am in the morning ;)
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny you should say that as I have Monday off work and tbh - I million different ideas have been racing through my head for the weekend and I am a bit hyper! :D

I will go to bed tonight though and maybe set off about 8am in the morning ;)

Aw, that's lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time and remember to dress warmly.

Will you tell us all about what you uncovered on your adventure? Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out where those footpaths lead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    So basically you're going for a walk. :)

Actually i do that sometimes. You often encounter unexpected delights on these walks.

Exactly!

It is basically a walk but it's what you make of it isn't it?

Plus from looking at bing maps as oppose to google street view - it has hit home just how much of the landscape I have actually never even seen.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to admit, I was pulling your leg, but I'm a bit envious now of your outlook on life. Enjoy tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, that's lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time and remember to dress warmly.

Will you tell us all about what you uncovered on your adventure? Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out where those footpaths lead.

I will as I have been wearing my big coat the last couple of days anyway as it really has turned a bit colder finally.

I will fully charge my phone tonight and leave it on all night so tomorrow I can post and also upload piccies ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    Have to admit, I was pulling your leg, but I'm a bit envious now of your outlook on life. Enjoy tomorrow.

No problem :cool: and thanks.

Appreciating the simple things in life helps to combat the black cloud that sometimes hovers above you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a great ordinance survey app on my phone that plots the route you walk, and tells you how far you have gone.
    The kids love it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    collit wrote: »
    I have a great ordinance survey app on my phone that plots the route you walk, and tells you how far you have gone.
    The kids love it.

Could I get it from Google play do you know?
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do that treasure app thingy OP. Where the app leads you to hidden treasure. I can't remember what its called.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do that treasure app thingy OP. Where the app leads you to hidden treasure. I can't remember what its called.

Okay cheers buddy. Ill have a look round on google play.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

this, and take a camera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this, and take a camera.

I am just taking my phone which has a 5mp camera I think! :)
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    I am just taking my phone which has a 5mp camera I think! :)

upload to somewhere after and link in this thread:), i`d like a look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    upload to somewhere after and link in this thread:), i`d like a look.

I absolutely will :) I will probably set up a photobucket account for it.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Discuss

I go Geocaching :)

Look it up, sounds like it'd be your kind of thing.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do stuff like that often. There's a canal near me where I walk regularly, and there is a fenced off area that used to be a factory of some kind. The buildings have been pulled down, and there is just a concrete base and a fence. But a while ago I saw a little hole in the fence, so I went through and explored. There was a huge area that was all overgrown and wild, some ponds and an old shed. I saw lots of geese and a snake.

I also grew up near a disused slate quarry, with a father who was a mountain guide and rock climber, so it was second nature to me to climb over fences and walls and go exploring down quarry holes and tunnels.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you sure they're not just cattle bridges for the farms that have been split by the dual carriage way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could I get it from Google play do you know?

Yes you can. It's for android. Wasn't a free one though. I think it cost about £2.50
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Discuss

I do it all the time :)