Options

How much would you pay to see your favourite band?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    There is a concert in California in october that i may well go to. Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Roger Waters and The Who A 3 day pass is about £600 then add costs of flights etc

I'd love to see that, and would pay it over here.

I call that a Bargain (one for The Who fans)

Most I've ever paid was £85 for Roger Waters the Wall show. Well worth it.
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Abba were to ever do a concert, I would pay whatever it took to get a ticket. If I had to get a loan or re-mortgage, I would do it.Fortunately I saw them in concert in 1979 and they have no wish to reform now.

My OH told me he would do that and I would divorce him if he did :):):) Saw them once and that was enough for me - he can only play their music out loud when I am not at home.

Thanks for the replies - not changed my mind - will not pay that much to keep the private jet flying, will keep listening to music though.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the band and the venue TBH. I'd never spend hundreds on a ticket itself, but I'd pay hundreds overall, accounting for travel, accommodation, food etc and turn it into a mini break. I went to see a band in Glasgow in November and the ticket itself was less than 20 quid, but flights and a place to stay cost a fair bit, so I turned it into a proper trip. Done the same going to Germany quite a few times too.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I paid £135 to see Kate Bush and it was worth every penny! Six rows from the front. By the time we'd bought tickets, paid first class travel to London and booked the hotel, it cost as much as a weeks holiday abroad!

I also paid £165 to see Madonna back in 2004 and it was amazing.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    It depends on the band and the venue TBH. I'd never spend hundreds on a ticket itself, but I'd pay hundreds overall, accounting for travel, accommodation, food etc and turn it into a mini break. I went to see a band in Glasgow in November and the ticket itself was less than 20 quid, but flights and a place to stay cost a fair bit, so I turned it into a proper trip. Done the same going to Germany quite a few times too.

Same here. Going to see Tom Robinson in Sheffield this month - tickets are about £20 each but the main expense is travel, accommodation etc. I think the most I'd pay for any event is £50, which probably rules out any good seats in the West End!
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £400 to see Susan Anway sing with the original Magnetic Fields line-up or £500 to see a reformed Somewhere Back In Communist Russia.

Shoot... I could say £1000 a ticket for either because it ain't gonna happen :(

Live the dream folks... losing a weeks wages on a ticket might be worth it :) :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Same here. Going to see Tom Robinson in Sheffield this month - tickets are about £20 each but the main expense is travel, accommodation etc. I think the most I'd pay for any event is £50, which probably rules out any good seats in the West End!

Saw Tom Robinson for free and he was sooo awesome! Such a great gig, he really did get us singing along also :):blush:
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd pay £1000 to see Frank Zappa and The Mothers, but unfortunately Frank is very dead.

I'd pay a few hundred to see Radiohead, if the venue was small enough. I saw Muse at Wembley (£60 IIRC), but it wasn't exactly cosy. There were 90,000 of us!
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    Saw Tom Robinson for free and he was sooo awesome! Such a great gig, he really did get us singing along also :):blush:

Where was that Nate? I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Sheffield.
  • Options
    AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd pay up to about £50 to see a fave band. Any more than that and chances are they're going to be in a massive venue, in which case I don't want to see them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Where was that Nate? I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Sheffield.

Played a free show in Brixton about ten years ago, acoustic set. So good. I hope he is at least as tenth as good in Sheffield :)
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    I think it depends on how much you really want to see someone. Personally I wouldn't pay more than £35 to see one of these multimillionairs perform.
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    I think it depends on how much you really want to see someone. Personally I wouldn't pay more than £35 to see one of these multimillionairs perform.

Are you saying that your favourite musicians are all multimillionaires? :confused: Don't you enjoy music by lesser mortals?