Who is going to win Young Apprentice?

george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
Forum Member
Okay, I have a kind of deal with myself that I always decide who I think is going to win by the end of the second episode... and interestingly, I have been right quite a lot of the time... and on the occasions I have been wrong, the people I've chosen have nevertheless done well (apart from the last series, I thought Duane would win that, and I was sadly mistaken.)

So far, in this series, I think Navdeep is the most likely... she's personable, seems quite bright, hasn't come to the forefront that much yet but at the same time doesn't seem to sit on the fence. Andrew is also a strong candidate, but I think it's more likely to be a girl who wins - if you put all the series in order including Young Apprentice, then in every occasion but one the winners have alternated male and female.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think the winner will necessarily be female just based on the fact that Ricky won earlier this year.

My personal early favourite is Andrew, but I like Navdeep as well after this episode and Steven has had two very strong weeks. However, because the edit hasn't played them up, I wonder if he becomes an early casualty?

My prediction for the final two after week 1 was Andrew and Maria and I'll stand by that.
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Yes, im going with Navdeep for now..wonder how she will fare as PM though!!!
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Steven or Andrew.

Navdeep reminds me a bit too much of Ghazal (becoming besties with the PM, still have nightmares about her and Katie). The last girl standing will probably be Lucy.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    My personal early favourite is Andrew, but I like Navdeep as well after this episode and Steven has had two very strong weeks. However, because the edit hasn't played them up, I wonder if he becomes an early casualty?

I read on one of the forums that he's Project Manager next week? Maybe he'll be this year's Hannah - a good PM, but the team lose by a narrow margin, and then he seals his fate by bringing the two strongest candidates into the boardroom for personal reasons.
    Navdeep reminds me a bit too much of Ghazal (becoming besties with the PM, still have nightmares about her and Katie). The last girl standing will probably be Lucy.

Just because she got on with the PM, does not mean she's like Ghazal. After all, Ghazal was also given a pitch to do in Week 2, and failed miserably. There are many people who have got on with the PM when others in the team haven't, it doesn't mean anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I think Anderw as the Young Apprentice series is too short for a redemption arc and he's one of the few people that got a positive edit in one of the first two episodes. Ashleigh & Steven are the other two in my mental running but I think they're less likely (Ashleigh looks competent but that's not really showcased in the edit).
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also highlighted Andrew and Navdeep as my early front-runners in my weekly recap (link below).

I think they've both been strong so far, although I'm not really sure from her profile exactly what Navdeep would do with her investment fund. Andrew at least seems to have some business ideas.

Steven also looks pretty decent too. As for the three A's on the girls' team (Alice, Ashleigh & Amy), I'd quite happily fire all three on the spot after the nastiness of the way they were so willing to blame Lucy for everything when in reality it was their inability to provide recipes and poor proof-reading which jeopardised the task.

http://slouchingtowardsthatcham.com/2012/11/09/young-apprentice-too-many-cooks-prove-to-be-a-recipe-for-disaster/
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Navdeep, Andrew or Maria are the ones that look to be the front runners upto now, still its early to judge just yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I'd say Navdeep or Andrew. But I also really like Alice despite the fact she was pretty mean in this task.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    This is like the main series though in that its about whats on offer. He's tested the two who are interested in clothes so far and found them wanting, then tested the publisher and sent him home. Some people won't be offering anything he wants or can test - hows he going to test the chicken farmer looks like a problem to me.

I wonder too if there's something in both adult and young apprentice series about geography. I just can't see him getting on a train to Scotland to see how his money is doing. How would he take an interest in Laura's bridal wear shop, or whatever Kirsty was offering last junior apprentice? Is he really going to pay them to travel to see him? Do it all by net or phone? Or is geography a real issue?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Anderw as the Young Apprentice series is too short for a redemption arc and he's one of the few people that got a positive edit in one of the first two episodes. Ashleigh & Steven are the other two in my mental running but I think they're less likely (Ashleigh looks competent but that's not really showcased in the edit).

Ooh, don't know about that - huge leap, last series, from "Captain Vanilla" to "Credible Finalist." Redemption arcs have happened! And I don't know that Zara ever looked like more than an outside bet, faced against Harry H and Lizzie. Last series was weird.
  • IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    Andrew seems to have a decent head on his shoulders, and looks like he can make his point eloquently. Just wondering whether he reminds anyone else of a really young Tom from Spooks?

I'd like to see Ashleigh at least get somewhere in it too. There's just something about her I like and she does seem pretty down to Earth. She looks older than 17 though.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked how Lucy handled herself this week, I think she's got good potential and will gain in confidence over the next few weeks.

Andrew, it's just his face, the look of "are we on different planets?" when he sees things being done wrong.

There's a couple (like Navdeep) I want to see more of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I actually think Ashleigh has some potential, i'd say her or Andrew
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I know is that we can rule Maria out.:rolleyes:
  • .Kooky..Kooky. Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all of course depends on how good the 'business plan' is. I think Lucy is currently the strongest though - organised, calm and collected, focused and seems to get on with people. Also doesn't get involved in all the bickering and other such tactics which they seem to forget are being broadcast to millions of people. With a win under her belt last week I think she could be one to watch...

Navdeep seems to be taking the slow and steady win the race tactic, but she should be cautious. From next weeks previews it looks like she isn't PM again, and she doesn't want to fly under the radar too much. I feel like Nick and Karren, however, would back her up if she found herself in the bottom three (unless she makes a huge error of course).
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Kooky. wrote: »
    It all of course depends on how good the 'business plan' is. I think Lucy is currently the strongest though - organised, calm and collected, focused and seems to get on with people. Also doesn't get involved in all the bickering and other such tactics which they seem to forget are being broadcast to millions of people. With a win under her belt last week I think she could be one to watch...

Navdeep seems to be taking the slow and steady win the race tactic, but she should be cautious. From next weeks previews it looks like she isn't PM again, and she doesn't want to fly under the radar too much. I feel like Nick and Karren, however, would back her up if she found herself in the bottom three (unless she makes a huge error of course).
    Lucy came out of this episode very well, I thought. Ticked the boxes in terms of both negotiating and team work. It was disappointing to see Navdeep get drawn into the bitching about Andrew, but other than that it was another good week from her. I'm liking both their chances, and although this wasn't a good week for them I think Andrew and Steven are by far the strongest of the boys.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy (aspiring lawyer) or Navdeep, but I think the Yazoo/Alison Moyet girl could win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy came out of this episode very well, I thought. Ticked the boxes in terms of both negotiating and team work. It was disappointing to see Navdeep get drawn into the bitching about Andrew, but other than that it was another good week from her. I'm liking both their chances, and although this wasn't a good week for them I think Andrew and Steven are by far the strongest of the boys.

Yes, these four are noticeably better than the rest. David is absolutely useless - in my opinion the worst of the bunch - and he has a constant sneer on his face the entire time. If he is PM next week and loses he surely has to go?

If Maria could channel her negativity into something..er..not negative, then she could be in with a chance.

But really, it all depends on these business plans. We've seen before how the strongest contestant (Helen Milligan) can lose to the weakest contestant (Tom Pellerau) over this matter, so I wouldn't rule anyone out just yet.
  • KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, these four are noticeably better than the rest. David is absolutely useless - in my opinion the worst of the bunch - and he has a constant sneer on his face the entire time. If he is PM next week and loses he surely has to go?

If Maria could channel her negativity into something..er..not negative, then she could be in with a chance.

But really, it all depends on these business plans. We've seen before how the strongest contestant (Helen Milligan) can lose to the weakest contestant (Tom Pellerau) over this matter, so I wouldn't rule anyone out just yet.

Are they presenting Business plans on Junior show this year? Last time I think it was just a sort of grant drip fed to them to help them get a start in business.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KingOli wrote: »
    Are they presenting Business plans on Junior show this year? Last time I think it was just a sort of grant drip fed to them to help them get a start in business.

That's what I meant, but I think they have to have some kind of plan over what the money is being used for, i.e. Zara last year made it clear it was going towards better film production equipment and such, whereas James basically wanted the money to fund his studies. So I'm guessing the winner this year will also have to have a clear aim or objective.
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a strange episode to analyse. My current top 4 (Steven, Andrew, Navdeep and Maria) all had bad episodes, whilst last week's no-hoper (Alice) got a vast improvement. Lucy the big winner this week for me:

Contenders

Lucy (Got the best edit this week, in my opinion. Stayed calm, consistent and level-headed under David's poor leadership. She also gave a concise summary of where Steven had gone wrong and was Platinum's best negotiator by a long way.)
    Andrew (I guess a PM win can never be a bad thing, but it was a very mixed week for him. He was a terrific negotiator - one of the best I've ever seen on the show - but a bad manager. Wasn't helped by the horrible sub-team. He remains in contention)
    Navdeep (Not a good week. Maria was seen to do the candelbrum deal and she spent most of the day moping about Andrew's leadership. Still a contender, purely because Maria got the worse edit of the sub-team. Seen arguing next week and I fear it will make or break her)
    Steven (Bad week for him - PM loss - and did spend most of the day oblivious of what the sub-team were doing. However, he wasn't totally useless, did negotiate well and, along with Andrew, they are the best boys by a long, long way. Still a strong player. Just)

Outsiders

Alice (Much, much better week for her. Got a terrific deal on the hair and worked very well with Andrew. Considering she was the only person to give the PM support on Odyssey, she had clearly learnt her lesson from last week. I'll be interested to see how she does as PM next week)
    Ashleigh (Didn't do much either way. I agree with LS - she needs to speak up or she'll be a mid-way firing. Her deal on the hair wasn't very good, tbh and she spent half the day wasting away on the car)
    Maria (Teetering on the edge at the moment. I agree with Andrew that any suggestions of learning from last week went out the window 30 minutes in. Didn't give Andrew a chance and seemed willing for him to fail. The only reason she isn't in the no-hopers is she did do the deal on the candelabrum and the votives)

No-hopers

David (How lucky was he this week? Did a horrific job of managing the sub-team, absolutely terrible. Wasn't as bad as Amy made out, but still relied heavily on Lucy in his sub-team. He's all bravado. Next week is make or break as he is PM. Lose and there is no way on earth he'll be saved)
    Patrick (He did something good this week! Found out where they were on the map! Shame he spent the rest of the episode descending into bitching about Andrew with the girls instead of contributing constructively to the task. Didn't convince me that he won't go next time he goes into the boardroom)

I reckon Andrew and Lucy Final 2 now, but if he gets another chance, Andrew needs to PM much better than he did this week.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member

I'd just like to point out that waiting a long time to be Project Manager hasn't really done many people any harm on The Apprentice. In quite a few past series, including both previous series of Young Apprentice, the winner has either been the last or the joint last to be Project Manager. This happened with Michelle, Simon, Lee, Arjun, Tom and Zara.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy, Andrew or Navdeep, in that order...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    ...but I think the Yazoo/Alison Moyet girl could win.
    Who? The one who was sacked yesterday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd just like to point out that waiting a long time to be Project Manager hasn't really done many people any harm on The Apprentice. In quite a few past series, including both previous series of Young Apprentice, the winner has either been the last or the joint last to be Project Manager. This happened with Michelle, Simon, Lee, Arjun, Tom and Zara.

Absolutely, and it looks like she has a much bigger role next week anyway. Like someone else said, it's make or break week for her. I think David, Patrick and Alice are at the most risk though.