Newbies: Introduce Yourselves! (archive)

1313233343537»

Comments

• Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamesHood wrote: »
    Hello.

My name is James. Im from Kinross-shire in the UK. I own a video production company.

Never been a part of any forums before but I have a few tech questions I wouldnt mind some advice on so I guess I shall see how this goes.

Hiya James, welcome to DS. :D

You've come to the right place for advice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, my name's David and I love Big Brother so I'm off to that section. I hope I get to know some people here.:)
    Hiya David, welcome to DS. :D

I've just 'spoken' to you on the Lurkers thread. :D
    Maria747 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Maria and a newcomer.
    I love watching good TV programmes, from drama, action, comedy to documentaries. I was child of the 1970s and teenager in the 80s. I miss some of the good TV programmes of the past era, eg The kids from 47A and The Tomorrow People. I have watched some Canadian and American Tv programmes which were pretty good.

I also joined to see recommendations of programmes from other forum members. I am not into reality or celebrity reality shows really. Also, would like any info if past tv series are available on DVD.

Looking forward to sharing info and and exchanging views on programmes.

see you
    Hiya Maria, welcome to DS. :D

Have a look on play.com or Amazon for old TV series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    Hi, just joined up. I have been lurking for yonks though. I like General Discussion especially, hope to join in now and again.

Hiya, welcome to DS. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I am Aaron's Pants..... and love soaps....hope I settle in ok, it's been a bit crammped in them garage overalls for the past two years I can telll ya,,,
    gm3334 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I just joined, my name is George and I'm currently living in Japan, but have grown up mostly in the U.S. I've gotten increasingly into British music; I had been a Leona Lewis fan for a while, but recently realised that there are a lot of other great artists like Emeli Sandé, and Professor Green, so I hope that through this forum I'll be able to find out more about these artists and find new ones as well. Thanks.
    Hiya George, welcome to DS. :D
    Hi, I'm Gareth. I'm a long time Sky customer which I'm a big fan off. I love the simplicity of the HD EPG. I've just recently just added Virgin TiVo as I share a house with a friend who's got quite different tastes to me so I found 2 tuners aren't enough. So far I'm not impressed, I don't like the EPG, my box needs constant rebooting and trying to get through to the right technical support is challenging to say the least. I'm sure I'm be mentioning this in a few forums.

Outside TV, I'm a big music fan and I love gadgets all kinds.
    Hiya Gareth, welcome to DS. :D

I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to help you out with your problem. There are some knowledgeable FM's on DS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr Kingdom wrote: »
    Hello,
    Been visiting this site on and off for ages, mainly to read posts from all the other dissatisfied TalkTalk customers. It's been interesting to read about PVRs, YouView and all the other IPTV services. As a bit of a nerd, I'm also looking forward to learning more.
    And for anyone who cares, the name's an ELO reference!

This discussion has been closed.