"Strictly’s Kimberley Walsh more popular than Cheryl Cole" - Will Simon Sign Kimbles?

TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
Forum Member
✭✭
"Strictly’s Kimberley Walsh more popular than Cheryl Cole" - Will Simon Sign Kimbles?

"Strictly Come Dancing is set to ensure that Kimberley Walsh becomes the biggest star in Girls Aloud.

Sources told a Sunday newspaper that they believe that the 31-year-old is set to be more popular than Cheryl Cole.

Pundits have said that they reckon Walsh is set to make millions in lucrative entertainment deals. "

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/207323-strictlys-kimberley-walsh-more-popular-that-cheryl-cole/

Do you think that Kimberley is likely to be the most successful of this years celebrities following this years series of Strictly Come Dancing?:)

Comments

• gamestatsgamestats Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »

"Strictly Come Dancing is set to ensure that Kimberley Walsh becomes the biggest star in Girls Aloud.

Sources told a Sunday newspaper that they believe that the 31-year-old is set to be more popular than Cheryl Cole.

Pundits have said that they reckon Walsh is set to make millions in lucrative entertainment deals. "

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/207323-strictlys-kimberley-walsh-more-popular-that-cheryl-cole/

Do you think that Kimberley is likely to be the most successful of this years celebrities following this years series of Strictly Come Dancing?:)

Although I didnt support her, I think she is an astute young woman who has made sure that she doesnt fizzle out. Like us normal mortals, she works hard to enhance her career prospects. I expect strictly was like a CPD(Career Prospect Development) for her. And yes it would be nice to see her be more popular than the least talented Cheryl Cole. And Kimberley can sing live, which is a must for an actress/entertainer/singer.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Although I didnt support her, I think she is an astute young woman who has made sure that she doesnt fizzle out. Like us normal mortals, she works hard to enhance her career prospects. I expect strictly was like a CPD(Career Prospect Development) for her. And yes it would be nice to see her be more popular than the least talented Cheryl Cole. And Kimberley can sing live, which is a must for an actress/entertainer/singer.

I don't think Kimberley will fizzle out either bornfree, she is the more genuine & talented of the two as you say, Strictly could be the springboard into Showbizz for her:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimberley deserves all the success that will come her way, she is an absolute delight:)

" Kimberley Walsh inundated with job offers after sizzling performance on Strictly Come Dancing "

" Kimberley Walsh might have lost out to Louis Smith in last night’s Strictly Come Dancing final, but she sure set the ballroom on fire with her sizzling routines and is now reported to have been flooded with job offers. "

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/23/kimberley-walsh-inundated-with-job-offers-after-sizzling-performance-on-strictly-come-dancing-3328095/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamestats wrote: »

It sounds like you have had your Christmas dinner early gamestats, I hope that you are a Kimberley fan too, Merry Christmas:)
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Kimberley is streets ahead of Cheryl for the likeability factor. She'd down to earth, friendly, polite and I believed Pasha when he said she was a genuine person. I can't abide the girl group though and it shows Kimberley on her own is far more effective.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think that kimberely is the most talented out of all of girls aloud, she's done musical theatre which is one of the hardest things you can do in showbiz. She can sing, act and now dance like a pro. I also think she's the best singer in the band ( I also think she's the most beautiful :-)).
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wants a career in the West End.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/4712022/kimberley-walsh-west-end.html

Strictly has helped a lot of past contestants in that field.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/4712022/kimberley-walsh-west-end.html

Thank you for the link to Kimberley in The Sun lucy, I think it would be fabulous to see Kimberley back in The West End, she is very talented:)
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what? I think she's going to be a big star!
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No if won't maybe Kim is just a little too nice! He much preferes ruthless ones like Ms Cole
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Bloke wrote: »
    You know what? I think she's going to be a big star!

Hope so.:D

There's something very likeable about her and she has talent.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »

I think the world is Kimberley' oyster whatever she decides to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    gamestats wrote: »

100% agree.

Although I do find these "I hate cheryl cole" threads hilarious.
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    /And yet another fantasy thread from Terry!!! *sigh*
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    dancefever wrote: »
    I do think that kimberely is the most talented out of all of girls aloud, she's done musical theatre which is one of the hardest things you can do in showbiz. She can sing, act and now dance like a pro. I also think she's the best singer in the band ( I also think she's the most beautiful :-)).

Big fan then ?

I`ve always thought Nadine and Nicola were by far the best singers however having decent singing voices is no indication of future success as Cheryl Cole has proved.
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope she does become bigger and better. Kimble FTW
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    She has already done Shrek, maybe not an established actress enough to create a new role in a show, but she would certainly guarantee "bums on seats" in any touring production of a big West End show.

Unfortunately, Stricty is a quality brand so she has to be careful not to slip into the "Zeleb" category by doing too many more reality shows.

The Celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief would really be the only other Reality-type telly she should do.
    No Big Brother - no Jungle
    Needs to get a lottery show gig maybe.
    Pair her with someone like Harry Judd as co-presenters - then they both get a chance with less risk as both sets of fans would probably tune in and boost ratings.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't dislike Cheryl Cole at first, but being forced fed Cheryl in the tabloids and on TV 24/7 made me dislike her immensely.

If Simon gets his claws in Kimberley, I fear she will end up like Cheryl.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about Kimbers signs Syco instead. She says "eff off, tosser" in a few hand movements.
    Kimberley is all set for a west end run, from the back all you can see is lips and teeth.
  • lechatnoirlechatnoir Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    jjackson42 wrote: »

To be fair to Terry, there are a lot of people on the internet who like to pretend Cheryl is no longer popular despite evidence to the contrary (and for the record I have no particularly strong opinion on Cheryl one way or the other)
    Tissy wrote: »
    Big fan then ?

I`ve always thought Nadine and Nicola were by far the best singers however having decent singing voices is no indication of future success as Cheryl Cole has proved.

I always thought Nadine was the best singer and it was a toss up between Cheryl and Kimberley for worst.

But of course talent isn't always the most vital ingredient in the pop industry and Cheryl perhaps has the most important qualities; she's the most beautiful one and has the most star quality. It's not as though any of them are really, really talented though. Cheryl wasn't rising to the forefront at the expense of an Adele or Florence Welch so as somebody neutral towards Girls Aloud I can't see it as anything to get worked up over.
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    She has already done Shrek, maybe not an established actress enough to create a new role in a show, but she would certainly guarantee "bums on seats" in any touring production of a big West End show.

Unfortunately, Stricty is a quality brand so she has to be careful not to slip into the "Zeleb" category by doing too many more reality shows.

The Celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief would really be the only other Reality-type telly she should do.
    No Big Brother - no Jungle
    Needs to get a lottery show gig maybe.
    Pair her with someone like Harry Judd as co-presenters - then they both get a chance with less risk as both sets of fans would probably tune in and boost ratings.

Really?!? They'd be be the dullest presenting duo on Television!

But Kimberley strikes me as far too sensible to believe TV presenting would play to her strengths. I doubt it will happen.

That Mirror article just read as PR bluff. I doubt anything reported there was accurate, but Strictly should definitely help her obtain another West End role and maybe help with her album sales too. Without it that album would have sunk faster than Aliona's face when she's given another duffer next year!
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »

LOL!

I hardly think Simon Cowell's first thoughts will be with Kimerbley right now. His mind is more likely to be on how to turn around his ailing flagship show in the UK, which (thankfully) the British public appear to be tiring of ... *high-fives Martin Gore*
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »

she sure set the ballroom on fire with her sizzling routines and is now reported to have been flooded with job offers. "

I believe that is called a mixed metaphor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    LOL!

I hardly think Simon Cowell's first thoughts will be with Kimerbley right now. His mind is more likely to be on how to turn around his ailing flagship show in the UK, which (thankfully) the British public appear to be tiring of ... *high-fives Martin Gore*

Kimberley could just be the girl Simon is looking for to turn around his flagship show in the UK, after her success on Strictly she is flying high Servalan:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimberley's on The Jonathan Ross Show Now ITV 1:)