Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he is in two parts!.:o

He's been saved though! :D
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Those awful trivago ad's.
    Especially one with the smug, vomit inducing couple. Yuck.

Yes the hipster couple are annoying!

The 'new' Vauxhall Corsa ad with all the young people zipping about

Birdseye adverts

Kingsmill adverts
  • TheOneAndOnly27TheOneAndOnly27 Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Randysback wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed there is now a Black person featured in virtually every single advert.

There is quite a lot yes.
    Please before you start the Backlash just hear me out.

Even Black people & Campaigners should agree, choosing people for parts in TV adverts purely because of their skin colour is RACIST.

lI don't think that's how it works. By your very definition choosing people because of their skin colour is racist. So choosing any skin colour is racist (i.e. all white just in case your brain cell doesn't get it)
    and as the country`s population only consists of about 5% black people

Wrong it's 10% actually
    then they are also over represented.

But unless you were a racist why should you care? Unless of course if you were a despicable racist who claims not to be, you know the type, the ones who claim "I am not a racist" then go on to make dumb racist comments.
    Please i`m not racist and this is not a racist post.
    I knew I could rely on you.
    But surely this is unfair

Unfair to who? Out of work white actors? 'Non racists' like yourself who don't like seeing those blacks get more than their 5%?

You are a racist. (and quite possible a troll) - People come to this site to talk about TV adverts and what they dislike about them. If you seriously have come to complain about how many black faces there are in adverts you might want find a better forum cos I don't think the people here are stupid enough to fall for your bigoted trolling.
  • yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    Which one then? Describe it for us.
    This one: I hope the link works, I'm not very good at this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C_rcu4HyIk&index=12&list=PLeysxjNpEPy9f-6NMVPAL9zYTzI2XmTCl
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Guy with the beard is super creepy to look at, certainly would not use them, time for the moron on the balcony in Venice to return, she was cute in a gap toothed flared nostril wonky eye way.😝
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Do you have a response to my point or are you just putting the standard lefty reply in motion #puppet

#muppet
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a response to my point or are you just putting the standard lefty reply in motion #puppet

Edit - and by the way, David Irving is correct

THREAD KILLER ALERT. 😝

Chill mate this is a happy place please don't suck the fun out of the thread.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    He's been saved though! :D
    Oi!
    Spoilers in tags next time! :mad:

:p

Chill mate this is a happy place please don't suck the fun out of the thread.
    Hear, hear!
    This is a brilliant thread to be able to have a go at stuff on the screen without getting the usual nitpicky contradictions of the marketing apologists.

Serious stuff belongs anywhere else, just please not here!
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I absolutely DETEST that Nescafe whistling advert! >:(
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The girl and the Yeti. Awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yviebabe wrote: »
    You have a point. I must admit you'd be forgiven for thinking the 'workplace pension' ad was for another country. And no, I'm not racist either!

Quite agree.There are a lot like that.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    MONEY SUPERMARKET >:(

What is the point of the bloke in jean shorts and the woman with a million faces Sharon Osbourne

What is the point of the advert?? I hate it with a passion and turn over everytime it comes on >:(
  • MiniMort2MiniMort2 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    The birdseye commercials that make heating a ready meal look like your a 5 star chef. 'If you made me meals like this everyday I'd probably marry you.'. C'mon, you put some batter covered fish like substance from the freezer to the oven! It's not rocket science! >:(>:(>:(
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only redeeming ad on at the moment is the Aldi Bear...it does make me smile!

I despise most of the rest with their stupid songs, annoying voice overs and pathetic attempts at humour.
    There should be a very hot corner in hell for these mediocre ad men/women trying to trick us out of our money with their bullshit.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiniMort2 wrote: »
    The birdseye commercials that make heating a ready meal look like your a 5 star chef. 'If you made me meals like this everyday I'd probably marry you.'. C'mon, you put some batter covered fish like substance from the freezer to the oven! It's not rocket science! >:(>:(>:(

Exactly its a frozen ready meal ffs!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I hear that "Sunshine and fun times" song in that bloody Villa Plus ad once more, I will go completely INSANE!! >:(

Oh and I really despise the All Bran sponsor ads during Deal or No Deal. "You do get non-talking boxes." SHUT UP! >:(
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    MONEY SUPERMARKET >:(

What is the point of the bloke in jean shorts and the woman with a million faces Sharon Osbourne

What is the point of the advert?? I hate it with a passion and turn over everytime it comes on >:(

Do you know the name of the company it's advertising? Are you likely to forget it anytime soon?

Then it's done it's job.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I think there was one advert recently, with sad music etc that sounded like it was for a charity, and it turns out its a bank FFS! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm getting sick to death of that advert for the Keith Lemon "comedy" show.

1. It's not Keith Lemon. It's Leigh Francis. Obviously he has to sell himself on a brand now as he doesn't have enough talent to attract people with his own name.

2. It will undoubtedly be shite. No doubt thickos will love it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are a racist. (and quite possible a troll) - People come to this site to talk about TV adverts and what they dislike about them. If you seriously have come to complain about how many black faces there are in adverts you might want find a better forum cos I don't think the people here are stupid enough to fall for your bigoted trolling.

What a nasty, unfair and unnecessary post.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Do you know the name of the company it's advertising? Are you likely to forget it anytime soon?

Then it's done it's job.

Naaaa Im a funny begger like that lol...I wont use the site now cos of the advert :D
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    The match.com advert with the guy doing the psychotic dance in front of the woman "If you don't love your imperfections, someone else will"
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Barclays Digital advert, with the child making a dinosaur moonwalk. I'm not even sure what it's for or why Barclays are doing it.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McDonalds ad, the kid holding it with both hands, they always do that in ads, no matter how small or big the object is. A bun is sweet with icing on top.
  • Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly its a frozen ready meal ffs!

Maybe she was that bad a cook even oven food is preferable?

(Haven't seen it but my mates idea of cooking is straight to wok noodles and raw veg)
This discussion has been closed.