World's Strictest Parents

WORLD'S STRICTEST PARENTS IS BACK AND IS LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS NOW!

BBC Three are sending 16-18 year olds all over the world to experience life in different families and cultures.

Apply at strictestparents@twentytwenty.tv for an application form. Hurry!

Follow us on twitter @strictestparent

Comments

• Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm neither a parent nor a 16-18 year old, but it's a good programme so I thought it was worth a shameless bump.
    :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching?
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch it.

Sometimes you think any 2 kidsfrom the UK would do.

They ought to let the parents slap the kids a bit.

Funny how 3 days mellow them though - and then they get their letters from home.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume there is a load of footage that we don't see. The kids arrive, refuse to abide by the household rules and are constantly rude to the parents. Usually after a while we see them read a letter from home or have a deep conversation with one of the parents and, just like that, the kids are transformed and don't want to leave! It's so predictable. I can only recall one case where a girl actually did go home early.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see a lot more of the kids being unruly towards the new parents, not just "no, not doing it".... "you have to"... "Ok, I'll do it". If they were that easy to push over they wern't great candidates for the show in the first place. Seeing the conflict is much more engaging than watching them turn into pussycats and doing whatever theyre asked 2 days in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching this series, quite entertaining in places even if the kids are a tad irritating! :D

I'd like to see an update at the end of each episode: Two or three months on, for example, to show if the kids really have changed or if they're still being little sods :o
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully there will be an update episode as there was for the last series. I can't remember if it was immediately after it ended or a few weeks later. It didn't feature all the teens though.