Prince Andrew looked miserable yesterday

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone notice when Kate reached the top of the altar and she and William were having a few words.... Andrew could be very clearly seen in the background. He looks utterly miserable... and downcast......even sad ! Others could be seen throughout the ceremony like Peter Phillips.. who beamed throughout... as did most of the others... but NOT Andrew. Sad memories perhaps of his big day many years before...........or disbelief at what his two daughters chose to wear on the big day !!

Comments

• crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe miffed that Fergie wasn't invited.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted by me....
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was struck by how old he looked.
  • BizBiz Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a cruel truth that as the years go by his status inevitably drops with every new addition to his older brother's family. Also I do wonder if people whose marriages have failed find weddings dispiriting.
  • spikydogspikydog Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Anyone notice when Kate reached the top of the altar and she and William were having a few words.... Andrew could be very clearly seen in the background. He looks utterly miserable... and downcast......even sad ! Others could be seen throughout the ceremony like Peter Phillips.. who beamed throughout... as did most of the others... but NOT Andrew. Sad memories perhaps of his big day many years before...........or disbelief at what his two daughters chose to wear on the big day !!

He must have known what they planned to wear so would assume he was ok with their choice.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biz wrote: »
    It's a cruel truth that as the years go by his status inevitably drops with every new addition to his older brother's family. Also I do wonder if people whose marriages have failed find weddings dispiriting.

I noticed Andrew looked miserable too, but thought it was probably more to do with all the recent bad press about him. It could be that he was sad though. You're right, the whole place is so atmospheric, it could make you emotional and reflective. With the vows and "forever" being mentioned and all around hoping that for Will and Kate, marriage means longevity; the day must evoke some memories of their respective original marriages for Princess Anne, Prince Charles and Prince Andrew. (Have I missed anyone?)
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw him laughing in the car with his daughters. Its Princess Anne who had a glum expression on her throughout.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed Andrew looked miserable too, but thought it was probably more to do with all the recent bad press about him. It could be that he was sad though. You're right, the whole place is so atmospheric, it could make you emotional and reflective. With the vows and "forever" being mentioned and all around hoping that for Will and Kate, marriage means longevity; the day must evoke some memories of their respective original marriages for Princess Anne, Prince Charles and Prince Andrew. (Have I missed anyone?)

Princess Margaret (although she's no longer with us, obviously). Her wedding was my first Royal one, and she looked beautiful. She was also the Royal who unfortunately led the way for the future "trend" in divorces.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    I saw him laughing in the car with his daughters. Its Princess Anne who had a glum expression on her throughout.

Princess Anne reminds me a bit of my dad - he had a "dignified" expression that made him look a bit miserable, although he was generally quite a cheery soul. I saw some lovely photos the other day of Princess Anne with her first grandchild, and she sure was smiling then!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    He probably saw what his daughters were wearing.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because his partner in crime wasn't allowed to attend.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I thought it was because the old guard of the Queen, Charles, Andrew and Anne are being displaced by the new younger members.

We all know they do not like being out of the limelight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I thought it was because the old guard of the Queen, Charles, Andrew and Anne are being displaced by the new younger members.

We all know they do not like being out of the limelight.

Speaking as someone of an age with Princess Anne, it's nothing at all to do with the limelight (which Anne has never had any time for anyway). It's to do with realising that you are now the older generation, and it's not a very pleasant thought!
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Argent118 wrote: »
    Speaking as someone of an age with Princess Anne, it's nothing at all to do with the limelight (which Anne has never had any time for anyway). It's to do with realising that you are now the older generation, and it's not a very pleasant thought!

Absolutely agree

Thats why they are so miserable
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    he's never found proper happiness since he divorced fergie and to a point neither has she. i cant even recall what they split over now - was the toe sucking incident before or after their divorce:confused:
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    he's never found proper happiness since he divorced fergie and to a point neither has she. i cant even recall what they split over now - was the toe sucking incident before or after their divorce:confused:

It must have been bittersweet feelings for him, he did marry at the Abbey.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon he was just pi**ed off because he missed another opportunity to use our hard earned cash to use a helicopter to take him to another golf course, and freeload as he and his daughters and ex-wife usually do.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was beaming later in the day when the RAF helicopter was flying overhead as William & Kate drove off in the Aston Martin.

I do wonder if he has mixed feelings about his own marriage breakdown though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Probably because his partner in crime wasn't allowed to attend.

Yes she was, very Koo Stark looking as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conchie wrote: »

The Queen looked miserable as well.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he's still in love with Sarah Ferguson he should get back together with her. Or would he not want to upset his family by doing so? Have either of them had other serious relationships since their divorce?
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think Charlie boy has been the same, i think the new young royals are making those two think about their own mortality and that they have had their days possibly Andrew couldnt believe what his daughters looked like and that they will never be as beautiful as Catherine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's still in love with Sarah Ferguson he should get back together with her. Or would he not want to upset his family by doing so? Have either of them had other serious relationships since their divorce?

Apparently, Prince Phillip won't accept that happening. My Mum has always thought that he will publicly get back with Sarah when his father dies. She's convinced they are together privately.

I'm not too sure, after everything that has happened. I have heard surprisingly that the Queen is very fond of her though.
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to Victoria Beckham he was laughing boy !
    She had a face like a pigs' arse, what is her problem
    David was smiling & waving she as ever was pouting
    I thought weddings were happy occasions I suppose she was pissed of because she wasn't the centre of attraction
    If she's supposed to be "Posh":rolleyes: she should know how to behave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I thought the same, very glum. But he never really looks in a particularly good mood anyway. Perhaps the fact he's aged so badly hasn't helped, he was quite easily the best looking male royal in his day.

ruby