Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    cm1992 wrote: »
    Page 2:p

Already?
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I think the Video will be shot maybe somewhere in a small rural Village... Then Hopefully she will promote here during the week.

I would love:
    daybreak
    Jonathan Ross 'although im not sure as he could intimidate her'
    this morning
    Loose women
    something for 4music.

Then shes hear again in October so I PREY for an Xfactor slot. If there is no promo then here team need sacking. It will be a stupid move not to do anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she should go on Alan Carr show or Celebrity Juice ....but i doubt she will :)
    Forum Member
    Is Alan carr back on ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Is Alan carr back on ?

No, but he will be in a few weeks.

Jonathan Ross is on til Christmas at least.

Graham Norton is coming back too.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Maybe she'll recreate the riots in the Criminal video??
    Plenty of opportunities for product placement in the looting scenes! :p

Joke! :p

Slightly worried about the whole filming in England though, I always imagined a Louisiana-style setting for the video, maybe just because the use of the word "Mamma" makes me think of Britney actually talking. I can see an element of Criminal in the setting of London streets, but it doesn't click as much as rural Louisiana! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is how I think the video will be: Hope not though.

Radar 2.0 - Britney as an English housewife living in a mansion drinking tea with her mama. That's all I have...:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    cm1992 wrote: »
    This is how I think the video will be: Hope not though.

Radar 2.0 - Britney as an English housewife living in a mansion drinking tea with her mama. That's all I have...:o
    Actually it's not a bad idea.It could be some sort of a narration.Britney talking to her mother and everytime she describes something specific we just watch the flashback.However, your idea cannot be the entire video!There needs to be a hot guy for her female and gay fans to feel attracted to and for her male fans to convince themselves they're hotter than him ;) Marketing :cool:
    Forum Member
    Slightly worried about the whole filming in England though, I always imagined a Louisiana-style setting for the video, maybe just because the use of the word "Mamma" makes me think of Britney actually talking. I can see an element of Criminal in the setting of London streets, but it doesn't click as much as rural Louisiana! :D
    This sounds perfect as well.Due to the instruments, all I can picture is a retro/romantic vibe, but this could work too.I would be happy whatever the case provided that Brit looks good, healthy and passionate and that it's not rushed.I really wanted an 'Inside Out' hair-flip...Too bad...:(
    http://i49.tinypic.com/kbek3a.jpg
    Forum Member
    I've got news.A blog reported that 'Criminal' will be released twice.The album version will be released as the 4th single from FF and the video will be about this version and then the uptempo remix will be the lead single for her remix collection.It's not an 100% trustworthy source (ThatGrapeJuice), but at the same time it totally makes sense :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    This sounds perfect as well.Due to the instruments, all I can picture is a retro/romantic vibe, but this could work too.I would be happy whatever the case provided that Brit looks good, healthy and passionate and that it's not rushed.I really wanted an 'Inside Out' hair-flip...Too bad...:(
    http://i49.tinypic.com/kbek3a.jpg

I agree with the retro thing completely! Criminal has a very "Classic love story" vibe to it, and I see sephia tones and 70s imagery when I listen to it! I picture Louisiana as small towns, dirt roads, and natural colours (browns and greens) and it fits the song for me! I also agree with being happy as long as shes happy, healthy, and passionate in the video. She didn't look great in the Radar video (bad hair, makeup, and clothing) and the Radar video isnt held in too many high opinions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got news.A blog reported that 'Criminal' will be released twice.The album version will be released as the 4th single from FF and the video will be about this version and then the uptempo remix will be the lead single for her remix collection.It's not an 100% trustworthy source (ThatGrapeJuice), but at the same time it totally makes sense :cool:

You'd think the abysmal sales of the first B in the Mix album would just show them that nobody wants another. Britney's music wasn't overly dancey/electronic then so a remix album was worth a shot at showing a different side to songs, but now the production is dancey/remix-like anyways - pointless! AND it'll just confuse people about Femme Fatale, AND (:p) there are so many more possible single choices! Stick with the singles I say! They're selling more than the album in the States, they're likely to be viable and positive in the long run!
    Forum Member
    You'd think the abysmal sales of the first B in the Mix album would just show them that nobody wants another. Britney's music wasn't overly dancey/electronic then so a remix album was worth a shot at showing a different side to songs, but now the production is dancey/remix-like anyways - pointless! AND it'll just confuse people about Femme Fatale, AND (:p) there are so many more possible single choices! Stick with the singles I say! They're selling more than the album in the States, they're likely to be viable and positive in the long run!
    Agreed.However, maybe they'll release the remix album around Christmas to get bonafied sales and then release one more single from FF.You never know what the plan is...Then again, I read all that from a blog, so don't take it for granted.And I'm not even sure the remix album is indeed in the pipeline...
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, I think it's great news that 'Criminal' has been chosen as the fourth single release. It's a standout song on the album, and really shows a different side to Britney as a singer, plus the change of pace from her uptempo pop/dance numbers provides versatility.

Secondly, the rumour about the song being remixed I am not happy about at all..... I will be hugely dissapointed if this is the case.... as in my opinion the pop/rock feel to the song is what makes it work.... we don't need a dance version of the song... it would completely ruin the song.

Thirdly, i'm very excited to see what she comes up with for the video, if her last offering 'I Wanna Go' was anything to go by then it seems we should be in for a great treat..... I'm hoping for something a little more artistic and unusual. Also i've not heard anything about who has been hired to direct the clip. I personally think David LaChapelle (Everytime) would be a brilliant choice even though it's unlikely, I think his work just speaks for itself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.However, maybe they'll release the remix album around Christmas to get bonafied sales and then release one more single from FF.You never know what the plan is...Then again, I read all that from a blog, so don't take it for granted.And I'm not even sure the remix album is indeed in the pipeline...

Its far too widespread and hinted at to not be true! :( We all know Britney's team don't make the best choices so it's likely! *sigh* I think if they just went on a marketing push at Christmas with Femme Fatale it would be better perhaps? Remixes are not something too many people enjoy (I like them, especially Britney's, but when I try to show my friends they always prefer the originals because remixes can be too much on the hardcore side of dance) so sales mightened be high, even with the Christmas rush.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Firstly, I think it's great news that 'Criminal' has been chosen as the fourth single release. It's a standout song on the album, and really shows a different side to Britney as a singer, plus the change of pace from her uptempo pop/dance numbers provides versatility.

Secondly, the rumour about the song being remixed I am not happy about at all..... I will be hugely dissapointed if this is the case.... as in my opinion the pop/rock feel to the song is what makes it work.... we don't need a dance version of the song... it would completely ruin the song.

Thirdly, i'm very excited to see what she comes up with for the video, if her last offering 'I Wanna Go' was anything to go by then it seems we should be in for a great treat..... I'm hoping for something a little more artistic and unusual. Also i've not heard anything about who has been hired to direct the clip. I personally think David LaChapelle (Everytime) would be a brilliant choice even though it's unlikely, I think his work just speaks for itself.

1000% (not a typo, I really mean one thousand :p) agreed on all the points you made! Perfect single for this time of year, a remix would take away what people loved about the song and its unique selling point, the electropop movement in music is dying a little so a step back would work! :) David LaChapelle would be perfect too! He rarely disappoints when it comes to Art direction, and Criminal is a song that needs a perfect art direction/cinematography style to compliment it.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1000% (not a typo, I really mean one thousand :p) agreed on all the points you made! Perfect single for this time of year, a remix would take away what people loved about the song and its unique selling point, the electropop movement in music is dying a little so a step back would work! :) David LaChapelle would be perfect too! He rarely disappoints when it comes to Art direction, and Criminal is a song that needs a perfect art direction/cinematography style to compliment it.

Oh yess, seems like we're in sync ;)

Oh another ace director who comes to mind when speaking about great art direction/cinematography is Francis Lawrence (I' A Slave 4 U, Circus) I think the sort of mood and vibe he creates is just spot on.
    Forum Member
    Heres how i would love the video to be:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlrtZksnvBE&feature=player_embedded

the theme is perfect :D

if this happened i would die :p
    Forum Member
    :eek: Maybe she'll recreate the riots in the Criminal video??
    Plenty of opportunities for product placement in the looting scenes! :p

Joke! :p

Imagine if she really did! The Daily Fail would have a field day :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Heres how i would love the video to be:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlrtZksnvBE&feature=player_embedded

the theme is perfect :D

if this happened i would die :p

oh yes i love it! I really hope she goes "all out" and multilayed with the video but keep it simple too :) The best videos are simple and powerful i find! Thats why HIAM was instant but not immediately re-watchable like TTWE is and iwg even!

would be awesome.

As for the riots....oh my days the Daily Mail would go crazy for it wouldnt they!
    Forum Member
    I have been focusing on the romantic vibe of 'Criminal', but the lyrics are quite raw, so could you imagine a video along the lines of 'Man Down'??
    Forum Member
    I have been focusing on the romantic vibe of 'Criminal', but the lyrics are quite raw, so could you imagine a video along the lines of 'Man Down'??

I haven't seen the Man Down video so I'm not 100% sure. Might have a look at it later though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the Man Down video so I'm not 100% sure. Might have a look at it later though.

Its my fav from Rihanna so worth a look, very dark and simplistic too :)
    Forum Member
    Britney will be on OK TV in a few weeks they announced her as an upcoming guest i hope theres more to come as OK TV is a flop :p but at least its something and she is getting UK airtime
    Forum Member
    @DaveMusicCharts: Just had a look at that website link you posted. Interesting! I like the way they designed mockup single covers for each song on FF :cool: