I wish they would send Peter Kay into the jungle

Now that would give me some belly laughs - I'm sure he would give us many golden moments.

Unless of course he's a right old miserable so-and-so in real life and the Peter Kay we know is just a character. Nah, can't believe that.

Come on Peter, get your name down for next year.

Comments

• 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's got a successful career, though. Why would he want to?
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    If they could leave him there for a while and turn off the cameras I wouldn't mind :D Sorry I know I'm in the minority here but I can't stand that man.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You never know, he usually makes a reappearance at this time of year to flog a shit DVD of exactly the same material as the last one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You never know, he usually makes a reappearance at this time of year to flog a shit DVD of exactly the same material as the last one.

THIS. Kay is not exactly ground breaking comedy. He's been recycling the same old tosh for a decade
  • holyfreakinmolyholyfreakinmoly Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Yes me too....................................and leave him there.........
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a misery
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met him after a charity do in London, he is not as jolly away from the stage as you might think, he would be a right pain in the arse stuck out in a jungle without any food, probably more miserable than any of them out there now.
  • TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    I don't think he would be funny at all..Like has already been said same material over & over again...
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    He'd have to go into the jungle telegraph and give his Mum three rings:D
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    He'd have to go into the jungle telegraph and give his Mum three rings:D

I think he'd be fab, he makes me LOL. I never did get Phoenix Nights though somehow.... but perhaps like Dad's Army in 30 years it will all make sense and I will be laughing my sox off!!
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    racol5 wrote: »
    He is a misery

Yes, I was going to say in real life comedians are nothing like their characters on screen. Many have deep insecurities and a need to be liked, so it's a front that's put on, and they're more apt to be difficult and have mood swings. Some suffer depression, such as Vic Reeves apparently and possibly Brian too. Didn't Peter tell someone to eff off at a garden centre - when they congratulated him on his new baby?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it would save me having to watch it every night. He is the only person* who would guarantee me switching off tbh. Each to their own tho

*or Keith Lemon
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should get Princes Charles too. And also Stephen Hawking. And! Beyonce!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would happen is that Dave Spikey and/or Neil Fitzmaurice could go in but Peter Kay would take all the credit
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Dom Jolly's humour when he was in camp.
    The wit is seriously lacking this year.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    That would be brill or michael mcintyre
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God no, don't ever wish him in the jungle. It would - like everything else he appears as a guest on - become the Peter Kay Show. He isn't happy unless he is totally centre stage at all times and in control of everything, IMO.

I could just see him organising his own bush tucker trials that he's devised, rather than do the ones presented to him. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Gosh can't believe you don't like Peter Kay. I love him! Yes I know he recycles the same old jokes but his observations of every day life just start me off.

I kind of didn't want to know that he's not as funny in real life (although I rather suspected it). Maybe the fella in the garden centre was just a tribute act to P.K.???

So I don't suppose you lot would want Karl Pilkington (An Idiot Abroad) to go in either - he would have me giggling too.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DB69 wrote: »
    So I don't suppose you lot would want Karl Pilkington (An Idiot Abroad) to go in either - he would have me giggling too.

I wouldn't want him on either as he's only really famous for being Ricky Gervais' gimp
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    He'd never go but I'd tune in to see him for sure.
  • andydipandydip Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I would put him in the middle of the amazon and leave him there, along with his mate ricky gervais.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    One of those people who I know I shouldn't find funny, but I do.

Same with Family Guy. Been utter tripe for a while now, but I still just find it hilarious.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they could leave him there for a while and turn off the cameras I wouldn't mind :D Sorry I know I'm in the minority here but I can't stand that man.

Neither can I.
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milmol wrote: »
    At least it would save me having to watch it every night. He is the only person* who would guarantee me switching off tbh. Each to their own tho

*or Keith Lemon

Agree... cannot see anything funny in either...
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    milmol wrote: »

*or Keith Lemon

Funny you should say that. The first thing I thought when I saw the title of this thread was, the only person I'd hate to see in the jungle more than Peter would be Keith Lemon... If I have nightmares about this I'm blaming you :D