Hollyoaks- the teens arnt that bad

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
Forum Member
i may be in the majority but i like the teens, the fact is there not given huge big storys or crazy or pregnant there just stupid average teens having a laugh

in nearly every soap you have teens getting pregnant killing someone ect

in Hollyoaks there more realistic they portray bulling the school bitch the idiot stoner and the 2 average yet abit dumb guys and the senible ones

yes you can say they maybe annoying but being 19 myself i can relate to them alot more then any of the past teens or teens from other soaps

any thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    They are awful, I'm 19 and I never, ever thought it was acceptable to act so selfishly. They are not good role models at all.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've grown to like them and, I said this on the main thread, I even like Maddie! She's a good character to hate! Could have been written a bit better but what can you do! I really think Scarlett Bowman has improved acting-wise too!
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    I've grown to like them and, I said this on the main thread, I even like Maddie! She's a good character to hate! Could have been written a bit better but what can you do! I really think Scarlett Bowman has improved acting-wise too!

ye , the one character i Dont understand is sinead they seemed to completely have changed her
  • Lewis26Lewis26 Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I despise them they have ruined what would of been a great year for HO
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 19 and I don't relate to the teens. I don't like them and can't wait for the day when they've gone (except Pheobe, Esther, Callum, George, Dylan and Lacey (although this Ally stuff has made her annoying but she still a good teen).
  • SavyannahSavyannah Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    They are asbolute garbage, I can't even bare to watch them the only time i'll be tuning in is for the bus crash in the vain hope they kill them all of! (except for esther)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I like them all except for Sinead and Bart
    Forum Member
    I like them all except for Sinead and Bart

agree but both characters have been changed greatly

bart used to be a bad boy image with a good heart now hes an idiot stoner

sinead used to have morals not anymore it seems
  • Maria95Maria95 Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really like them but I suppose I can relate my experiences to them. I'm 17 and i can say that they are quite realistic, I mean I've known an idiot stoner, an average guy who acts dumb, school cows who have fun out of humiliating and hurting people. I think Pretty every school to some extent has these types of teens and it's quite realistic but despite the fact that there realistic I still don't like them.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I like Callum, George and Tilly of the sixth-formers. Lacey, Pheobe and Esther are fine too. I don't really mind Neil either and even Ruby would be ok if she wasn't bullying Esther. The rest are pretty awful.
  • EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also don't find them that bad it's only Bart that I really don't like. I've said before that I like Maddie.
    Forum Member
    EEforest wrote: »
    I also don't find them that bad it's only Bart that I really don't like. I've said before that I like Maddie.

i think the fact with bart is the direction they brought him, he used to be a bad boy with a good heart who was smart and had potential then they turned him into a stoner idiot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I like Esther, George and Callum. I like Tilly too, when she isn't running around after Jen. Ruby's okay when she isn't trailing around after Maddie, and whilst I hate Maddie I am interested to see where the bullying plot goes from here. Oh, and I like Phoebe.

Lacey irritates me. Jono, Neil and the deaf boy don't interest me at all. It's Bart and Sinead that I can't stand though, they're both absolutely vile characters.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ye , the one character i Dont understand is sinead they seemed to completely have changed her

Yes that is a shame as Steph Davis is a capable actress and Sinead was a likeable character!

Btw, would like to clarify that even though I dont mind the teens I think they should have less rubbish SLs and more serious, hard hitting ones like George's Homelessness SL!
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Esther, George, Phoebe, Lacey, Callum and Tilly. I find Neil okay when he isn't around the three bitches.

The rest should just leave...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Phoebe, Esther, Tilly, Callum and George.

So basically the ones that weren't involved in the bullying...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are an awful bunch and I blame the scriptwriters.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah they're terrible. I feel uncomfortable watching HO with people when they're on-screen.
  • dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have no beef with any of them. ;):p

Some I like more than others. Esther, Jono, Ruby, George, Tilly :D
    Some I'm indifferent to. Neil, Bart (who I use to like when he was connected to Jasmine/Jason) :yawn:
    And the rest I either love to hate. Maddie :mad: Or who annoy me at times with their behaviour but hope for improvement with new SLs. Phoebe, Lacey, Sinead, Callum :(

I prefer any of them to Doug at the moment who is really getting on my last nerve!:rolleyes:

Will be very gutted if
    Jono dies :cry: but am coming around to believing he will one of them who gets killed.
    Just as long as it's NOT Maddie as I feel she has had any kind of comeuppance for what she has done to Esther.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite set of Hollyoaks teens ever was the Hannah, John Paul, Craig, Sarah and Nancy gang.
    For a start, the actors all had great chemistry with each other and didn't just feel like a random bunch of characters thrown together, as the current teens sometimes do (Maddie for example, looks to old to be hanging around with a bunch of teens).
    They also had great storylines such as John Paul's coming out, Hannah's anorexia and John Paul and Craig's affair.
    When you compare them to the current teens, you get an idea of just how bad Maddie and co really are.

Being a teenager is no excuse to be horrible to people.
    I mean they aren't even young teenagers either! These are 17/18 years old, teasing a girl about having a moustache as if it's the funniest thing they ever heard. :rolleyes:
    Although having said that, the bullying storyline is the most interesting teen storyline in amongst crap like Jono proposing to Ruby with a Haribo ring, who slept with Sinead and the awful Jen/Tilly crap. :yawn:

The only decent teens are Esther and sometimes Tilly and George but even they are ruined as characters by association with Maddie.
    Forum Member
    My favourite set of Hollyoaks teens ever was the Hannah, John Paul, Craig, Sarah and Nancy gang.
    For a start, the actors all had great chemistry with each other and didn't just feel like a random bunch of characters thrown together, as the current teens sometimes do (Maddie for example, looks to old to be hanging around with a bunch of teens).
    They also had great storylines such as John Paul's coming out, Hannah's anorexia and John Paul and Craig's affair.
    When you compare them to the current teens, you get an idea of just how bad Maddie and co really are.

Being a teenager is no excuse to be horrible to people.
    I mean they aren't even young teenagers either! These are 17/18 years old, teasing a girl about having a moustache as if it's the funniest thing they ever heard. :rolleyes:
    Although having said that, the bullying storyline is the most interesting teen storyline in amongst crap like Jono proposing to Ruby with a Haribo ring, who slept with Sinead and the awful Jen/Tilly crap. :yawn:

The only decent teens are Esther and sometimes Tilly and George but even they are ruined as characters by association with Maddie.

thats the big though there just normal teens, no gay affairs or anexoria and bullying and teasing sadly does happen , they wernt laughing at the joke it was the fact they upset ester , Soaps are meant to have realism and these are the most realistic teens in many years cause i dont know many teens who have been involved in gay love triangle:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats the big though there just normal teens, no gay affairs or anexoria and bullying and teasing sadly does happen , they wernt laughing at the joke it was the fact they upset ester , Soaps are meant to have realism and these are the most realistic teens in many years cause i dont know many teens who have been involved in gay love triangle:rolleyes:

I didn't say anything about it being realistic did I?
    I mean this is Hollyoaks, it's not known for realism! And similarly I could also argue that I know no teenagers who had a lesbian affair with their teacher or who were proposed to with Haribo rings! :p

The point I was trying to make was that Hannah, JP, Craig etc, were just a lot more entertaining than the current gang. Better actors, better characters, more believable chemistry both romantically and as friends...
    It didn't feel 'forced' to me in the same way as the current teen gang does. For example, the fact that Tilly and George hang round with Maddie despite hating how she's treating Esther. Or the change in Sinead that saw her go from being quite friendly to Esther to even more vile towards her than Maddie sometimes....
    I just don't feel like they work at all and I personally don't think they are believable. Not necessarily in terms of their storylines but in terms of them all being friends.They seem mismatched in that sense.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is its painfully obvious who are the god awful ones nothing about them rings realistic teens, best generation by far was JP, Craig, Hannah, Sarah etc because you could believe as a viewer in them as characters and their storylines because they were played by capable actors.

Nothing about the new lot screams that, there is of course a few gems Esther, Phoebe, George and Callum, Tilly and Lacey are half decent but the others are just painful to watch that's why they get such a reaction not because they are good but because they are badly written & developed characters, played by wooded actors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree the Sarah, Nancy, Hannah, JP, Craig, Josh, Amy, Michaela and Ste teens were the best. They were interesting to watch whereas these are quite boring and yes I agree they do feel quite forced. The old teens also had many sides to them like they'd do something bad but they'd have good in them so they weren't just one dimensional whereas these teens are just either plain horrid or There not. They can't be bad yet have good inside them or sometimes appear in a bad light but still be good. They have only one side to them.