how is it going in usa ?

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does xbox1 have this video streaming? I genuinely dont know so not at wind up or anything.

Do we know minimum upload speed of net to have it working
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah X1 can stream live to Twitch too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah X1 can stream live to Twitch too.

Cool. It works a lot better than I thought it would. Be brill for showing someone a bit you cant get passed etc
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Remote Play feedback has been good, which was the only feedback I was looking for.
    Install times are good too. People are putting a new game disk in the drive, and the game is playable 30 seconds later. It doesn't want to be told you want to install it, either. It's a more immediate experience. It also should mean that having a relatively small hard disk isn't as much of an issue as we thought. If a game needs to be deleted, it won't matter because it won't take very long to get back into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read on bf4 you could play single player almost immediately while it installed multi.

However I also read ghosts was a different matter and was a long process.

Obviously I cant confirm any of this
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if installation is a mandatory requirement or can devs do part installs and stream content off blurays during gameplay if they wish?

GTAV performs a lot better by streaming from both the HDD and Disk for example.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whoever,hey said it is mandatory over a certain size.
    Forum Member
    whoever,hey said it is mandatory over a certain size.

Thats going to cause a slight performance hit. Giving devs the choice would have been the better option. EG a GTA Game could have all the mapping data stored on the HDD and stream the soundtrack from the disk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But then they maybe want it playing exactly same for everyone. So that would mean installing for all since the digital version would obviously be fully installed anyway
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    But then they maybe want it playing exactly same for everyone. So that would mean installing for all since the digital version would obviously be fully installed anyway

It doesn't need to though,exactly. Digital download users of GTA V can play against non digital download users. for example. Slight performance hit on the DD version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno redhat was just a thought that sprung to mind as a possible reason
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it is GTA at fault.

So 360 users were told not to install, but usually players will do this because it offers benefits.

So just because GTA has issues with HDD streaming doesn't mean it is a flawed process. It is a better process and that's why it does it.
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Dunno redhat was just a thought that sprung to mind as a possible reason

No I a, not having a go or anything it just seems like a bizarre decision on sonys behalf.
    Forum Member
    But it is GTA at fault.

So 360 users were told not to install, but usually players will do this because it offers benefits.

So just because GTA has issues with HDD streaming doesn't mean it is a flawed process. It is a better process and that's why it does it.

A much better process is to stream from the HDD and Disk at the same time, The PSN download of GTA V has performance issues related to it not doing both.

You increase your read access times by about 18mb/s by streaming from both disc and HDD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But increases noise and power consumption. Also don't forget the new consoles have better methods and larger lanes to move data, so what is true of an old console may not be true of the new.
    Forum Member
    But increases noise and power consumption. Also don't forget the new consoles have better methods and larger lanes to move data, so what is true of an old console may not be true of the new.

But it is true unless the console can stream data at an infinite speed streaming from both blu-ray and HDD is the most efficient option performance wise to stream data. In a game such as GTA V Streaming from a blu ray disk as well as the HDD allows for an extra six vehicles to be loaded into memory a second.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a current gen system.

If the new consoles can satisfy demand through the HDD alone then there is no need to use concurrent streaming from both inputs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many of the 1 star Amazon reviews do you reckon are true? As far as i'm aware you dont have to purchase through Amazon to leave a review so reckon maybe a few will be x1 fan boys stirring things up.
    Forum Member
    On a current gen system.

If the new consoles can satisfy demand through the HDD alone then there is no need to use concurrent streaming from both inputs.

On an next generation system too The HDD read speed is about 90-150mb/s that hasn't changed.
    Forum Member
    For the blu-ray streaming speed to become irrelevant the PS4 would need 50gb of ram.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've a few friends, family and colleagues stateside and the general consensus is very positive. I'm delighted with the feedback I've picked up regarding Remote Play, which seems pretty much flawless locally. Though 'out and about' I await further conclusive evidence. Pleasingly the browser also seems to be decent which was a personal concern.

Here's some good input from 'Det', a respected US member over on AV Forums, who is generally impressed with PS4 and indeed the Vita RP feature. Here's his thoughts plus some member Q&A, including reference to that famed 'wobble' lol..

PS4 - First Impressions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep asking the folk playing over twitch if xgc is working well but either they miss the question or are ignoring me
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So i wonder why all these PS4 seem to be faulty surely this must be a major cock up on Sonys part, and im assuming all the PS4 for Uk Distribution are already in UK warehouses so i would be pretty worried. Luckily i havent pre ordered one im gonna wait till feb 2014. I do hope a software fix is in the pipeline for our American friends or i would ship the console back and get a replacement.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Anyone here got any friends from the US on PSN with a PS4? If so, does it show that they're playing a PS4 game on your XMB?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been watching a live feed on this. Ps4 can see ps3 players but not other way around. They even tried inviting a ps3 owner into a party but wasnt coming through to ps3