iPhone 4 reception problem?

1363738394042»

Comments

• JS477JS477 Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve™ wrote: »
    How anyone could retain their iPhone 4 and allow themselves to be mugged off by Apple any longer is utterly beyond comprehension.

I do ...it's called "blind devoted faith to a brand". Even though deep down the fanbois know that what they've shelled out hundreds of pounds for isn't everything they were lead to believe they will still proclaim undying allegiance to their 'brand master' and when Apple bring the next generation out next year guess what, yes they'll buy into all the hype and shell out even more money just to get that minor modification or whatever they will have changed.

Sad I know but 10/10 and respect for their undivided loyalty :D
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    My favourite article to date from The enquirer:

The emergency press con

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2
    looking at the signal strength degredation while holding naturally..its not as bad as claimed. But what are facts when you have hysteria. Once in a case it actually out performs a hexus 1.

Mostly this is a horrible issue affecting those who would never buy an iphone in the first place.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Where its likely signal is the best it will be anywhere:cool:

It appears you have been bitten by Apple mania - the phone is seriously flawed if it cannot be used consistently as a phone:rolleyes:

This is news to me that it cannot be used as a phone. I have had mine for a month and never dropped a single call. what a load of hysterical rubbish.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    This is news to me that it cannot be used as a phone. I have had mine for a month and never dropped a single call. what a load of hysterical rubbish.

So because you personally haven't dropped a single call - everyone else is talking hysterical rubbish?

Mac fans - gotta love 'em....
  • Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    So because you personally haven't dropped a single call - everyone else is talking hysterical rubbish?

Mac fans - gotta love 'em....

I know and whats worse is this BS that Steve Jobs has sprouted about ALL smartphones suffering from the same antenna issues!

That, frankly is just about the biggest lie Apple have told.

All phones experience reduction in signal when held, but the issue with the iPhone is caused by putting a bare metal antenna(s) on the outside of the phone, where by its nature, its designed to be held, and when touched it bridges wifi antenna with GSM/Cellular antenna, and that is very different to what happens when you hold ANY OTHER PHONE:cool:

Of course, none of that matters when you put a fruit on the product:rolleyes:
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reality distortion field remains strong with Steve Jobs after antennagate :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn-YesqzvNk
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Jobs signs for BP.

"But as for the oil leak, well that affects only a very small percentage of our nation’s residents. I myself have gotten over 5000 emails from Americans telling me that their beaches from Maine to Michigan to California look fine, and they can’t figure out what this is about. I agree. I was in Hawaii just yesterday and the beaches at my estate on the restricted island of Niihau have never looked better."

http://www.dailygoat.com/2010/07/steve-jobs-americans-oil-spill-offers-bumpers-solve-problem/
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Steve Jobs signs for BP.

"But as for the oil leak, well that affects only a very small percentage of our nation’s residents. I myself have gotten over 5000 emails from Americans telling me that their beaches from Maine to Michigan to California look fine, and they can’t figure out what this is about. I agree. I was in Hawaii just yesterday and the beaches at my estate on the restricted island of Niihau have never looked better."

http://www.dailygoat.com/2010/07/steve-jobs-americans-oil-spill-offers-bumpers-solve-problem/

That's quite a good analogy in fact. I've just checked the BP claims total - the number of people who have claimed they are financially affected by the Gulf oil leak, it's 114,000.

114,000 is 0.08% of the taxpaying population of the USA so the Gulf oil spill is apparently 7 times less of a problem in the USA than iPhone 4 (with 0.55% complainants, assuming it's uniform globally). Put another way:

The iPhone 4 antenna problem appears to be seven times more serious in the USA than the Gulf Oil spill. Oh, the wonder of statistics. :D
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Oh, the wonder of statistics. :D

Perhaps your example will show the fanboys how easily things can be manipulated to suit your viewpoint.

Much like the entire "press" conference ("press" in quotes because only those who speak favourably of Apple or Jobs' regime got invited. Bit like a dictatorship really)
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A consulting group has produced test reports.

http://www.paconsulting.com/our-thinking/pa-consulting-group-iphone-antenna-test-results/

"The iPhone antenna performance is comparable with the performance of the other mobiles when handled or hands-free, though at the lower end of the range.
    All the mobiles suffer attenuation when handled. The so called “death grip” gives a substantial further drop in performance for the iPhone to the point where we could not quantify it using the same test method.
    Putting a rubber band around the iPhone, similar to but not the same as Apple’s plastic bumper, gave a significant improvement in performance."

I wonder who paid for that?
    Or was it done seeking free publicity?

Reading it though, the iPhone is quite 'acceptable' and does not need a recall.
    Especially as the lower performing iPhone 3 sort of 'got by'.