Soap Ratings Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Richie_lecturer1977Richie_lecturer1977 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good share too - that was what I looked at. 47% even on a Wednesday is fantastic for Emmers. Keep up the pressure my local soap buddies ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like to see emerdale performing well, it deserves all the attention it gets, since it is imo the best regarded soap around atm.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thursday:

Emmerdale - 9.4
    Eastenders - 10.3
    The Bill - 7.2
  • SafraSafra Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Whats wrong with The Bill!? That should be in the 8 millions atleast seeing as its winter!
  • Richie_lecturer1977Richie_lecturer1977 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote:
    Thursday:

Emmerdale - 9.4
    Eastenders - 10.3
    The Bill - 7.2

Any percentage shares?
  • Huch'netHuch'net Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Safra wrote:
    Whats wrong with The Bill!? That should be in the 8 millions atleast seeing as its winter!

Well considering HEARTBEAT gets 10 million, the Bill should easy be getting that at least! Even Holby City has been attracting 8 million recently.
  • Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huch'net wrote:
    Well considering HEARTBEAT gets 10 million, the Bill should easy be getting that at least! Even Holby City has been attracting 8 million recently.
    The Bill not beating Heartbeat is no surprise as Heartbeat has always been weirdly popular - it got even more viewers than episodes of EastEnders and Emmerdale the other week. It's scary :p
    Forum Member
    :eek: Heartbeat is still getting high ratings!? I remember watching it Years ago but i haven't watched for ages.
    Im glad The Bill isn't in the 5 millions like it sometimes was this summer (ITV's fault for moving it around :mad:) but it shouldn't be less than 8million in the winter!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday Emmerdale only got 7.7 million, Corrie got 10.9.

Just get rid of that damn Sunday episode! It's always so much lower than the rest....
    Forum Member
    7.7! :eek:
    Emmerdale's Sunday episode seems to be the lowest of the week, and by the looks of it, way lower than Corrie's Sunday episode, so they should axe it and go to 5 episodes a week, every week night :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote:
    Sunday Emmerdale only got 7.7 million, Corrie got 10.9.

Just get rid of that damn Sunday episode! It's always so much lower than the rest....

Emmerdale on sunday is up against the antiques roadshow watched by all middle aged,grannies and so on who are willing to miss an episode just to see this show.
  • Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday -

Coronation Street (7.30pm) 12.6 million
    Coronation Street (8.30pm) 11.3 million
    EastEnders 10.8 million (45%)
    Forum Member
    Any ratings info for Emmerdale?
  • Rovers ReturnRovers Return Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monday -

Coronation Street (7.30pm) 12.6 million
    Coronation Street (8.30pm) 11.3 million
    EastEnders 10.8 million (45%)

Pop - where did you get these from? I can't find them on Media Guardian. Ta
  • psychitirtistpsychitirtist Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Media Week
  • alan45alan45 Posts: 3,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safra wrote:

I find myself turning off from the Bill now as I find the storylines becoming increasingly more outlandish. The Chimp is long past his sell by date - and as for Yvonne's family probs :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale - over 9 million (44%)
    Eastenders - 10.7 (49%)

Yet for some reason mediaweek put Emmerdale getting over 9 million as their ratings headline, as if it was something really interesting.

LOL at "over 9 million tuned in to see Terry's plan to reopen the B&B snubbed".

Yes, we all watched for that! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By the way Holby also beat The Bill last night by 1.4 million. Not wholly surprising - The Bill was shown on a day it never normally is for a start.
  • Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders doesn't look very low, does it? :rolleyes:
  • GameChangerGameChanger Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Is it "bump up old threads" month or something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just proves that you can't keep saying that EastEnders rated poorly in 2004. 10.7 million people and a 49% share isn't absolutely abysmal, is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biteback wrote: »
    Emmerdale used to be up to 12 million at one time, when Corrie and Eastenders were at around 14 million. This was back in the mid ninties, before digital became common.

Also Emmerdale was on less then (like all the rest) and it had better stories then (like all the rest again).

Don't mean to bump this thread yet again but it's actually interesting to see that people moaned about Emmerdale even during one its golden eras.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
    Administrator
    Hi

Please do not bump threads that were started in 2004. This is a thread you could have linked to in the ongoing ratings thread or made a new thread about rather than bumping a thread this old. Please try to keep this in mind going forward. Thank you. :)
This discussion has been closed.