EastEnders on Monday just gone - Jim's 80th

tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
Forum Member
Where was Patrick? Wasn't even mentioned yet Cora was there :S

Comments

• IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The party was really more of an excuse for Lauren to show how great she was, how 'considerate' etc. Jim's birthday was an excuse
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a 'party' without the man himself - Jim! On the scale of things I think Patrick not being there ranks slightly further down :D (although I totally get what you mean.)

Why couldn't the 'party' have been a small gathering at Jim's care home? As far as we know he's still aware of what's happening, no dementia or similar. They could have put a small spread on, soft drinks (though my mother-in-laws and grandmothers care homes used to allow alcohol) and actually spent time with the birthday boy himself!

I'm still shocked that none of those feckless Brannings actually went to visit their dad/Granddad on his 80TH BIRTHDAY! Just how self-obsessed are they FGS? :mad:
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    It was a 'party' without the man himself - Jim! On the scale of things I think Patrick not being there ranks slightly further down :D (although I totally get what you mean.)

Why couldn't the 'party' have been a small gathering at Jim's care home? As far as we know he's still aware of what's happening, no dementia or similar. They could have put a small spread on, soft drinks (though my mother-in-laws and grandmothers care homes used to allow alcohol) and actually spent time with the birthday boy himself!

I'm still shocked that none of those feckless Brannings actually went to visit their dad/Granddad on his 80TH BIRTHDAY! Just how self-obsessed are they FGS? :mad:

you can't blame them really I mean they all had important things to do:
    Max - needs to shag Kirsty/Tanya/Stacey/any other woman with a pulse far more important than Jim
    Jack - needs to shag a blonde - preferably a Mitchell.
    Lauren - needs to binge drink and her love for Joey is more important than Jim
    Carol - too busy in a relationship nobody cares about

If any former things they have a bad family, think yourself your not part of the Branning family:D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    you can't blame them really I mean they all had important things to do:
    Max - needs to shag Kirsty/Tanya/Stacey/any other woman with a pulse far more important than Jim
    Jack - needs to shag a blonde - preferably a Mitchell.
    Lauren - needs to binge drink and her love for Joey is more important than Jim
    Carol - too busy in a relationship nobody cares about

If any former things they have a bad family, think yourself your not part of the Branning family:D

I know the poor bairns, understandable in the circumstances that they missed his birthday eh? SO much more to think about! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still wondering where Jim was never mind Patrick :D
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been nice to see Lauren rounding up Abi, Alice and Joey and arranging to go and visit Jim.