Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• O-JO-J Posts: 18,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Sonya think she has more say over Callum? That's not fair on Toadie, I remember Callum hating Christmas, I remember Callum used to steal phones, It was Toadie who gave him a home! Who does Sonya think she is?
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Who does Sonya think she is?

Mother Theresa/Joan of Arc/the most important person in Ramsey Street/the Tooth Fairy/ Easter Bunny/Mother Christmas……………………………………...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I don't think she would ever say she has more of a say over Callum than Toadie. She is just overreacting and made a rash decision to say no immediately because she fears losing her sixteen year old son. He's moving countries! She can't be sure that next time she sees him he's not grown a new head and had a personality transplant. That tends to happen in a Ramsey Street! lol :p

Sonya is making a lot of bad decisions atm which may be annoying but it is believable. The story writers are really prodding and stretching at her and Toadie's relationship and Naomi is slipping into the cracks.

Why no hate for Naomi? I think she's great myself but disapprove of her deliberately trying to come between Toadie and Sonya. She's not entirely innocent...
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    She's 18, just a year younger than Kate was when she and Brennan first got it on as far as I remember.

I don't think it helps that she's tiny and still looks like a fifteen year old.

Yeah, but Detective Mark Brennan is older than he was when he first met her :D

I don't think the schoolgirl uniform helps.
    Over here schoolgirls are a big no-no but in Aus people stay in school (and uniforms, it seems) until they're 18 so I guess there's less of a taboo over it.

Mind you that's based solely on watching neighbours tbh, where tradey, builder type guys have been dating schoolgirls for decades and no-one had batted an eyelid.
    But Libby kissed a schoolboy once and that was a huge deal so....*shrug*
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Neighbours are sometimes really odd about relationships. When Imogen was 17, just a few months back I remember when she was seeing Mason, Terese saying something like 'He's a bit older than you isn't he?' meaning she thought Mason was too old for Imogen. At that stage, Mason was still 18, so hardly a massive age-gap! But now, she's clearly lusting after Brennan who must be 10+ years older than her, yet now she's 18, no one bats an eyelid. Same with Daniel - must be mid 20s, but he's clearly going to end up with Amber or Imogen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sonya is making a lot of bad decisions atm which may be annoying but it is believable. The story writers are really prodding and stretching at her and Toadie's relationship and Naomi is slipping into the cracks.

Why no hate for Naomi? I think she's great myself but disapprove of her deliberately trying to come between Toadie and Sonya. She's not entirely innocent...

No hate for Naomi because so far she is not self-centred, annoying, busy bodying, sanctimonious or a bad dresser. She is paying Toadie the attention Sonya does not give him. And what about the way Sonya blew up at Susan today?
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member

Love Naomi, best new character on Neighbours in a long time. She could shape up to become another Izzy Hoyland and that'd be okay with me.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    No hate for Naomi because so far she is not self-centred, annoying, busy bodying, sanctimonious or a bad dresser. She is paying Toadie the attention Sonya does not give him. And what about the way Sonya blew up at Susan today?
    Naomi isn't doing anything wrong, yet; she's trying to manipulate the situation, but so far has failed - Toadie & Sonya are cracking their relationship themselves without any help from Naomi. I do like Naomi. She clearly likes Toadie, but is constantly denying her feelings, only to indulge in them by trying to spend as much time with him as possible.

While Sonya blowing up at Susan was not good, she was just taking out her fears on the person who started this. Don't forget Sonya hasn't been a mother for 16 years, she's been Callum's mother for 5 years, and feels she has yet to make up for her past mistakes; she's nowhere near ready to let him go. Instead of dealing with it, she's shoved it in a box, pretending it isn't happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Naomi isn't doing anything wrong, yet; she's trying to manipulate the situation, but so far has failed - Toadie & Sonya are cracking their relationship themselves without any help from Naomi. I do like Naomi. She clearly likes Toadie, but is constantly denying her feelings, only to indulge in them by trying to spend as much time with him as possible.

While Sonya blowing up at Susan was not good, she was just taking out her fears on the person who started this. Don't forget Sonya hasn't been a mother for 16 years, she's been Callum's mother for 5 years, and feels she has yet to make up for her past mistakes; she's nowhere near ready to let him go. Instead of dealing with it, she's shoved it in a box, pretending it isn't happening.

But when she interfered between Chris and his mother, by 'letting slip' that Hudson was in prison. that was OK, because it was St Sonya and her absolute right to do whatever she wants. Doesn't like it when the boot is on the other foot!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil Brooks making his Neighbours debut!

I really like Naomi. Great character.

Holly is bloody adorable.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the billowing dresses are meant to disguise Sonia's pregnancy rather than an aesthetic choice!

I find Naomi too masculine looking to really like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    I think the billowing dresses are meant to disguise Sonia's pregnancy rather than an aesthetic choice!

I find Naomi too masculine looking to really like.

Is she pregnant?
  • eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, if Sonya wasn't such an annoying, interfering ,sticky beak i'm sure we'd all be more sympathetic and be slating Naomi. As it is, I love her role and could see her and Jared making a good couple, getting him back to the more fun character he used to be before Sonya came along.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, if Sonya wasn't such an annoying, interfering ,sticky beak i'm sure we'd all be more sympathetic and be slating Naomi. As it is, I love her role and could see her and Jared making a good couple, getting him back to the more fun character he used to be before Sonya came along.

Wonderful Sonya-free episode today - but I had to laugh when , just as Lauren was tearfully packing away a very new-looking bear, the long-lost daughter climbs out of a taxi and the first thing she does is brandish an identical bear! How subtle was that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    The constant references to Sonya by some border on being as obsessive as Sonya herself...

Great episode today.
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really excited by the arrival of Paige today even though I have been watching Aus pace and have already seen it. Must stop doing that as everything is out of order now. I swear it's a sickness/addiction lol.

It's a good idea for her not to reveal her identity it would be boring if she just turned up and announced it. The longer she keeps it a secret the more shocking it will be when it finally comes out.
  • Stacey_SlaterStacey_Slater Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Lets hope Paige stays away from Sonya, Sonya will no doubt sniff out fresh meat to interfere with and babysit.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she pregnant?

Yes. I think she and Callum will head off to the States so that she can have her maternity leave and he can concentrate on his school exams. Pretty much the same as is happening with Belle in Emmerdale, writing them out to do exams.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Chris can be a wet blanket sometimes, but goodness how annoying is that Will! The worst of Chris' boyfriends so far

Georgia's haircut is really nice. I loved all the talent show stuff yesterday and no matter how many times i see it Lou and Sheila bickering never gets old. Holly is lovely (and adorable) this time around.

I'm really excited about Paige's arrival. I can't help but wonder if her jumping to the wrong conclusion about Brad and Lauren will end up revealing what happened in Adelaide
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving Paige so far she seems like a really interesting character and wow she is hot! Typical of Amber to take a sudden dislike to her though.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    For once, I don't think Chris is overacting. Will's dog attacks another dog b/c he's not been trained properly, and he doesn't even think to cover the vet bill?! No guilt, no nothing. He blames everyone else except for his dog: the dog barks b/c Chris has moved too aggressively; the dog attacked b/c Bossy dared to come near him. *rolls eyes*

As first impressions go, I quite like Paige.

Both Georgia's and Kyle's new hair cuts suit them. But, couldn't we have had at least one episode with them acting as a happy couple before the obligatory relationship misunderstandings?

ETA: Why do people think Eve Morey is pregnant? She's not announced anything, so I don't think she is. Sonya wears tent clothes as a fashion choice.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I know Chris can be a wet blanket sometimes, but goodness how annoying is that Will! The worst of Chris' boyfriends so far

Georgia's haircut is really nice. I loved all the talent show stuff yesterday and no matter how many times i see it Lou and Sheila bickering never gets old. Holly is lovely (and adorable) this time around.

I'm really excited about Paige's arrival. I can't help but wonder if her jumping to the wrong conclusion about Brad and Lauren will end up revealing what happened in Adelaide

Typical of Neighbours, because he seemed so normal and nice and then we get treated to a sudden heel-turn and he's painted as a bit of a nutter.:confused:

Not sure about Paige yet, her delivery sometimes came across a bit monotone, but it's only her first day so I'll wait and see.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come mason is still on the credits? The actor has left and doing movies now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    How come mason is still on the credits? The actor has left and doing movies now.

Movies or turkeys?
This discussion has been closed.