Options

Anyone else disappointed with mario kart 8 tracks??

tim18tim18 Posts: 737
Forum Member
✭✭
I love mario kart, and i do like mario kart 8. However, i find the retro tracks the blandest of them all! There is not nearly enough wii tracks on it, the tracks are the worst of the bunch from previous games, which is a shame as i would of loved waluigi pinball.

Also the new tracks are so short!! Mario kart wii had some fantastic tracks and it seems that the quality has gone down drastically!
I think one more retro and new cup should of been added

Anyone agree?

Comments

• Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. They're amongst the best tracks there have ever been.

Waluigi Pinball was remade in MK7. It was never going to be in MK8
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I love nearly all of the tracks, a huge improvements to the tracks on the Wii version.
  • Options
    James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them overall but another SNES track would have been nice, one of the Choco tracks maybe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    The thing is, correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't seem to have repeated a retro track. They are always taking 'new' ones that haven't had a remake yet. So if one were to assume that the DS version had the best retro selection, options thereof have been getting slimmer for the picking.

On the other hand, I love the retro tracks, the GBA one is simple yet fantastic, I also adore the complete remakes in this edition, everything looks like it could just be a normal course on MK8, not simply a remake ported over!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them overall but another SNES track would have been nice, one of the Choco tracks maybe

I agree. There were far too many N64 tracks remade. Good as they are, I'd have preferred it if they had only brought back two N64 tracks and saved the other 2 for future games (there's only one N64 track which hasn't been remade now).
    In their place, I'd have liked 1 SNES and 1 GBA track.

SNES Vanilla Lake and GBA Bowser Castle 4 or GBA Ribbon Road would have been nice.

I know the tracks from the SNES and the GBA are bland by today's standards, but that doesn't mean their remakes have to be.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. There were far too many N64 tracks remade. Good as they are, I'd have preferred it if they had only brought back two N64 tracks and saved the other 2 for future games (there's only one N64 track which hasn't been remade now).
    In their place, I'd have liked 1 SNES and 1 GBA track.

SNES Vanilla Lake and GBA Bowser Castle 4 or GBA Ribbon Road would have been nice.

I know the tracks from the SNES and the GBA are bland by today's standards, but that doesn't mean their remakes have to be.

Im pretty shcoked. I thought mk8 has the blandest tracks out them all! Are the tracks shorter?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    The tracks are the best thing in the game!
    Wayyy better than MK7 or Wii.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Im pretty shcoked. I thought mk8 has the blandest tracks out them all!
    I'm not seeing it. Tracks such as Shy Guy Falls, Thwomp Ruins, Sunshine Airport, Dolphin Shoals, Mount Wario, Cloudtop Cruise, Bone Dry Dunes and Bowser's Castle aren't even anywhere close to what I would consider bland.
    Are the tracks shorter?
    No. They're not
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too thought some of the tracks seemed too short, though I think, with the extra focus on online, they don't want to create races that will last too long. Awesome game though!
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not. The tracks are great. The new tracks like Electrodrome and Cloudtop Cruise are fantastic, and the retro tracks are as good as they can be (with a few exceptions *cough* Melody Motorway *cough*).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely not. The tracks are great. The new tracks like Electrodrome and Cloudtop Cruise are fantastic, and the retro tracks are as good as they can be (with a few exceptions *cough* Melody Motorway *cough*).

I agree. They should have brought back Alpine Pass instead.