Options

Tanya Branning - would you like her to return to EastEnders?

sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think Tanya needs to come back for the Branning family and I would love to see Tanya and Rainie cross paths again. What do you think?

Do you want Tanya to return to EastEnders? 103 votes

Yes
43% 45 votes
No
56% 58 votes

Comments

• Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing her back provided she doesn't reunite with Max. Maybe Max should have left and Tanya should have stayed? At least we would have a break from Max seducing women then.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes 100%
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted "No".

But no doubt she will be back for yet another reunion with Max within the next couple of years. "yawns".
  • Options
    B_Bowler27B_Bowler27 Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind her back aslong as she kept well away from Max.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Only if its brief and as part of Maxs exit storyline.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voted no - because of Max. If it was only to interact with Cora, Rainie, Abi and Lauren then it might be ok but I haven't missed her that much and am not pining for her to return.

Now David Wicks on the other hand....:blush:
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, she can stay away. The last thing we need is the Max-Tanya ongoing cycle being started up again. Although I'm not a fan of the unimaginative direction they've taken Max at the moment, it's miles better than the alternative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanya comes back. Tanya and Max get back together. Max cheats. Tanya dumps him. Tanya leaves for a little while. She returns....you see where I'm going with this.

No. That's my vote.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    No, because I like Trying Again and I don't want to see her get back with Max for the forty millionth time. And lets face it: as long as those two are in the show at the same time, that'll always be a possibility.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    No, because I like Trying Again and I don't want to see her get back with Max for the forty millionth time. And lets face it: as long as those two are in the show at the same time, that'll always be a possibility.

"It's always been you Sta...erm, Vaness..no, Kirs....TANYA! It's always been you Tanya! Don't go! I love ya babe!"
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I never want to see that smug, hypocritical, judgmental bitch or have to suffer any more of her endless on/off relationship with that slimeball ex-husband of hers EVER again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I think she should come back, Jo Joyner is a fantastic actress and her scenes with Jacqueline Jossa are brilliant!!
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, But not until 2015
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you!!!! Terrible actress and even more terrible character. Kill her off screen please.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    No thank you. She's almost as irritating as her idiotic eldest daughter. It would lead to more on/off tripe with slimy Max. I think I'd die of boredom.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but only on condition she stays away from Max. That storyline is ridiculously tedious now.

I would've loved to have seen her initial reaction to Lucy's death tbh. Being a mum, especially to Lucy's best friend, and being close to death as well in recent years, I bet she would've given one of the most dramatic performances if she was still in the show. Shame.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Voted no - because of Max. If it was only to interact with Cora, Rainie, Abi and Lauren then it might be ok but I haven't missed her that much and am not pining for her to return.

Now David Wicks on the other hand....:blush:

Agree with this. If Tanya came for a visit to see the rest of her family that'd be okay, but I don't think I could take another round of the saga of Tanya and Max.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She left her halo outside the Vic so unfortunately will be back for it at some point but I can't stand her.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    I think Tanya needs to come back for the Branning family and I would love to see Tanya and Rainie cross paths again. What do you think?

If she loses 2 stone and dresses a bit better then yet.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo is far too busy with other projects but maybe in a 2 or 3 years she might.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unable to vote. Not fussed either way
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    No. I never want to see that smug, hypocritical, judgmental bitch or have to suffer any more of her endless on/off relationship with that slimeball ex-husband of hers EVER again.

This. Agree 100%
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    No. One of the most tedious, insipid, overrated characters in the history of the show. Utter bore. I can just imagine her popping back in sooner rather than later to treat us to a million more heard-it-all-before heart to hearts with Max in the Branning living room.
  • Options
    Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted 'yes' but I'm not sure she'd be back at the moment.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo is currently filming a spy drama The Interceptor and depending how well trying again did. A second series of that so I'd say she has enough on at the moment. She's never ruled out a return to eastenders but it won't be for a few years.