F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2014 Season

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »
    Someone was complaining about F1's accreditation system the other day. There's nothing unfair about it: If you commit to attending a minimum of 10 races a year, and having a minimum number of articles/photographs published, then you get a pass.

I wasn't *specifically* complaining about F1, which I haven't looked at for a couple of years, but major sport in general. The Premier League, for example, apparently insists that the applicant has had xx number of articles published in national publications the previous season. I have no idea how not only "new" journalists, but also local reporters, are supposed to get in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Charlie Webster on BBC's This Week show, she's changed quite a lot since her ITV4 GP2 days*!

* = I'm not a Sky Sports News viewer. ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Heads up for this weekend.
    Goodwood Festival of Speed, live coverage on Motors TV and Sky Sports F1.
    Highlights on Motors TV, Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 3 and Sky 2

Live HillClimb - Motors TV - Sat Jun 28th 2.00pm Motors TV 1hr 30m
    Live coverage and Hillclimb - SkySports F1 - Sun Jun 29th at 3.00pm 2 hr
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth noting that there is a live online steam for Goodwood too via AUTOSPORT and the Sky F1 website. Presumably via the official Goodwood website too.
  • FOMFanFOMFan Posts: 5,462
    Forum Member
    Jonpollak wrote: »
    DSF1C Quiz Time:
    Which of you gamers remember the dulcet tones of Murray Walker saying "Williams Number 1"

Jp
    You're right there, Murray.
  • alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1 Mike wrote: »
    this is great! I'd be far more likely to watch this than some of the other fillers they use on SSF1

Yup, seemingly obvious idea, relatively straightforward to put together, but very watchable despite having seen the full race already. Not sure if all the team radio is being lifted from the pits channel? Would be even better if they could arrange access to the raw radio feeds after the race to have more chat.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    Watched the F1 show expecting discussion about the standing restarts yet apart from a brief mention they completely ignored it & had zero discussion about it at all.

Surprising & disappointing considering its been the main talking point all day with most fans seemingly hating the idea.
  • F1 MikeF1 Mike Posts: 5,835
    Forum Member
    and also the glaringly obvious mistake at the end when Natalie introduced the upcoming show as being about 50 years of silverstone when of course it's the 50th race at the circuit. Surprised Ted made the same error.

the quality of this show has definitely gone downhill

what happened to the great technical features & deep interviews?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching The F1 Show now, what annoyed me is that they spent the first 20 minutes analysing the Austrian Grand Prix, and more frustratingly Rosberg vs Hamilton again. Didn't they do that in Paddock Live on Sunday? Okay, I'd expect some analysis on The F1 Show, but it's like they completely misjudged the agenda - Caterham's take-over and the 2015 rule changes should have been the main focus.

It shouldn't be too surprising though, considering the script is done at least 24 hours before the show and the questions are pre-prepared as well.
    Forum Member
    The live coverage from Goodwood this weekend will be posted in full on there Youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/GoodwoodTV/videos
    Forum Member
    The live coverage from Goodwood this weekend will be posted in full on there Youtube channel:

A full replay of each of the days, 9 hours worth, but luckily there is plenty to fast foward through like the red arrows, other planes, auction and bikes.

Loved it when they red flagged and the marshalls pushed.
    Bit of a muck up at the event for the Maserati timed run.
    Some good and informative commentary too.
    Forum Member
    Anybody know anywhere with highlights for last nights Indy race that I can watch this afternoon?
    Managed to miss it, will watch tonight's on BT sport
    Too much football and other sport, must have missed that the race was split this weekend.
  • ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikw wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Lee McKenzie is doing interviews for the BBC at Wimbledon this year.

Very good interview with Andy Murray too.:)
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not watched BTCC for a while but where's Tim Harvey gone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »

It's Goodwood this weekend, so quite possible that he has commitments down there.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    It's Goodwood this weekend, so quite possible that he has commitments down there.

Ah I see, so it's just a one-off absence (so far anyway) then?
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »

Yes, Tim Harvey's at Goodwood this weekend. He'll be back on BTCC at Snetterton.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    ariusuk wrote: »
    Yes, Tim Harvey's at Goodwood this weekend. He'll be back on BTCC at Snetterton.

Any news yet on who is going to be working on ITV's Formula E coverage?
    If its anything like the BTCC coverage then we're in for a treat
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Looks like Sky Sports F1 have exclusivity over the final part of the Goodwood hillclimb.
    The live stream has gone onto a replay of saturday during Sky's live show.

I wouldn't mind but this is the THIRD time I've sat down to watch the same action.
    Watched it live on Motors then tuned in this morning to them again thinking they were live again, now the same thing happened on the stream :D
    Forum Member
    Looks like they have now been Geo-Blocked in the UK :(

Firefox/Chrome addon called Proxmate sorts that out though ;-)
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

Working for me and no geo-blocking add-ons enabled in Chrome either
    Forum Member

Working fine for me.

Also watching the sky sports f1 live coverage which is not good really.
    Very childish stuff from Natalie and Johnny.
    Too many long interviews and not much action.
    Seems more like a promotional video too at times.
    Forum Member
    Strange, The full replays don't show up on the goodwood channel for me today & when I went through my browser history to find the video links from yesterday I got a 'not available in your country' message & needed to use proxmate to bypass that.

Todays live stream works fine, Just the replays from the previous days which seem Geo-blocked for me.

Day 2 for instance:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgg9E8iFzew
    Forum Member
    Strange, The full replays don't show up on the goodwood channel for me today & when I went through my browser history to find the video links from yesterday I got a 'not available in your country' message & needed to use proxmate to bypass that.

Todays live stream works fine, Just the replays from the previous days which seem Geo-blocked for me.

Day 2 for instance:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgg9E8iFzew

Sorry was just commenting on the live stream.
    Replay day2 and 3 blocked in firefox and chrome browser on PC
    Both worked early hours of this morning as I was catching up.
    Not blocked though on the iPad or android youtube app.
    The live as you say works fine everywhere.
  • F1 MikeF1 Mike Posts: 5,835
    Forum Member
    can't quite see why they would do that though? even if it's an exclusivity deal, it just doesn't make sense to limit the content for an event that should always look for maximum exposure in the UK
This discussion has been closed.