Apple have made a huge mistake !!!

Comments

• swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »
    If you found the iPhone totally wank. Why on earth would you be bothering to play with the new one? You also say you are now convinced of your stance. Are you trying to justify not getting an iPhone to yourself? Sounds very insecure to me.

There ain't half some tripe spouted on this forum from all sides. Grown adults trying to belittle other peoples brands and choices. Pathetic!

I'm an Apple user and I think that androids are great, I just prefer the iPhone. Competition is great for all smartphone users.

There is nothing wrong with choosing an iphone not even if as many do choose it simply for it being an apple product and nothing else.

However I think was does amaze is the continual claim that the iphone is the best phone without any real justification or the refusal for many to accept that largely for what you get in comparison with other smart phones it is over priced.

The loyalty and refusal to accept that there are better products by those who choose apple it quite staggering. My last few phones have been samsung because I feel they produce the best phones at the moment, when that changes if it does I will purchase a different brand.

Because people have to buy apple they refuse to accept that there could possibly be better out there.

I have a note because of the screen size I would not however claim it to be the best smart phone in the world I have my choice and accept it for what it is.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with choosing an iphone not even if as many do choose it simply for it being an apple product and nothing else.

However I think was does amaze is the continual claim that the iphone is the best phone without any real justification or the refusal for many to accept that largely for what you get in comparison with other smart phones it is over priced.

The loyalty and refusal to accept that there are better products by those who choose apple it quite staggering. My last few phones have been samsung because I feel they produce the best phones at the moment, when that changes if it does I will purchase a different brand.

Because people have to buy apple they refuse to accept that there could possibly be better out there.

I have a note because of the screen size I would not however claim it to be the best smart phone in the world I have my choice and accept it for what it is.

Neither do I think the iPhone is the best smartphone but it fits what I want.

I notice you only claim that Apple users refuse to accept there are better phones out there. Well I see it from all sides and it frustrates the life out of me.

Apple users are no worse than android users for all of the above. Thankfully most people I know in real life accept that other phones or devices are great too. Apple users and android users only seem to act like dicks online. I put that down to the faceless nature of it. Keyboard warriors if you like. Both sides need to look at themselves and stop acting childishly.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    If you found the iPhone totally wank. Why on earth would you be bothering to play with the new one?
    if he had siad he had no intention of ever touching an iPhone again you could reasonably have accused him of being closed minded.

as it is he has given it a fair chance. surely you can't be saying that if he didn't like his first iphone he should never go near them again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    if he had siad he had no intention of ever touching an iPhone again you could reasonably have accused him of being closed minded.

as it is he has given it a fair chance. surely you can't be saying that if he didn't like his first iphone he should never go near them again.

The guy clearly hates all things Apple, detests the company etc. I can't understand why he'd even touch the things that's all.He said he likes to belittle Apple.
    Forum Member

I notice you only claim that Apple users refuse to accept there are better phones out there. Well I see it from all sides and it frustrates the life out of me.

Apple users are no worse than android users for all of the above. Thankfully most people I know in real life accept that other phones or devices are great too. Apple users and android users only seem to act like dicks online. I put that down to the faceless nature of it. Keyboard warriors if you like. Both sides need to look at themselves and stop acting childishly.

I think calling people dicks is a little childish is it not? also if it really bothers you that much you don't have to read or post do you?

I often find what is childish is when people post in forums about how silly and childish people are for debating such issues I see no logic in that at all :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think calling people dicks is a little childish is it not? also if it really bothers you that much you don't have to read or post do you?

I often find what is childish is when people post in forums about how silly and childish people are for debating such issues I see no logic in that at all :confused:

Ok maybe I should have used idiots instead. I think they are. Also it goes beyond debating on here and just turns into catfights. Apple vs Android style. Are you advocating that carries on?
    Forum Member
    Ok maybe I should have used idiots instead. I think they are. Also it goes beyond debating on here and just turns into catfights. Apple vs Android style. Are you advocating that carries on?

Why not? not sure exactly who it is hurting, if however you think everyone on here are idiots not sure why you are continuing to post or visit here I'm very confused.
    Forum Member
    The guy clearly hates all things Apple, detests the company etc. I can't understand why he'd even touch the things that's all.He said he likes to belittle Apple.

You say it's idiotic yet you post stuff like this which is actively perpetuating the very thing you think idiotic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not? not sure who exactly who it is hurting, if however you think everyone on here are idiots not sure why you are continuing to post or visit here I'm very confused.

I didn't say everyone. There are some very objective posters from both sides. See even now when I'm trying to say both sides should be more respectful of each other you don't agree. Maybe you enjoy the catfights and the bitchiness?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying something you dont think you will like is far from idiotic! In fact tech wise its at least curious and open minded. How can you make a proper decision if you dont even know what the alternatives offer?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You say it's idiotic yet you post stuff like this which is actively perpetuating the very thing you think idiotic.

Mind you, you are one of the most anti Apple posters on here. So I can see why you'd want all the constant jibes to continue from all sides. Fits your agenda doesn't it?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying something you dont think you will like is far from idiotic! In fact tech wise its at least curious and open minded. How can you make a proper decision if you dont even know what the alternatives offer?!?

I'm just surprised that's all considering he likes 'belittling' said company. Fair play if used it open mindedly.
    Forum Member
    Mind you, you are one of the most anti Apple posters on here. So I can see why you'd want all the constant jibes to continue from all sides. Fits your agenda doesn't it?!

Now who's behaving just like the way you claim to be idiotic ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now who's behaving just like the way you claim to be idiotic ;)

Come on you are extremely anti apple! You know you are too. I just can't understand why people have to bash apple or android that's all. Both very good systems in my opinion. Has to be a good thing for the consumer.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    There are two regular posters who are vehemently anti-Apple though tend to hide behind a "fasade of debate". It's not debate it's simply Apple bashing - both posters names begin with the letter 'S'.

I don't even own a smartphone, though I do own other Apple products, Windows products and many other brands from the 'majors'. I am often berated on here for even daring to say that Apple makes some great products. Personally though, if I was buying into smartphones I think I would go for a Nokia W8, I like the brand and I like the OS. Again I get berated for that. Strange you may think then, why berated for W8 as it's not apparently a threat to anyone. Well I can only surmise that I get attacked for not being in the 'Android' camp.

I'm not keen on Android because I consider that with the openness of the system comes real dangers and I much prefer some control ergo iOS or W8, simple as that.

I have used my daughters Galaxy S2 for a few weeks but to be honest I didn't rate the build quality, certainly when compared to some other phones.

I can stand the childish banter though as I have broad shoulders.
    Forum Member
    Come on you are extremely anti apple! You know you are too. I just can't understand why people have to bash apple or android that's all. Both very good systems in my opinion. Has to be a good thing for the consumer.

So now your singling out individuals for their personal view this is all very strange. However no i don't like apple as a company the fact you don't dislike or any why anyone would not dislike them as a company I very strange. However I would not call people dicks or idiots for expressing their opinion.

I think you will find as you seem to have looked into my posts that I have said on a number of occasions that a strong iphone is important doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't have a view on it or in expressing that view should be branded an idiot for it.

As I have said if it really bothers you why read or post here yet you continue to do so, just like many who make the same initial claims that it is childish such as you.
    Forum Member
    You will find their some posters on here one in particular that make often incredible and offensive claims on here that go far beyond simple smartphone debates. These posts often mock or deride cultures or people of low income. However when asked to validate such claims or provide evidence of their foolery they will disappear for a period only to re-emerge in a different thread with even more outlandish claims.

Often in posting or starting threads to promote their pro apple view they will often open with the pretence of impartial or open mindedness with quickly falls away to reveal their true intent.

You will find them very easy to spot ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple quite clearly have not made a mistake. I used to hate Apple, but once you get a mac etc you learn to like it. I did anyway. I would buy an I Phone 5 but they are too expensive, and I would be afraid of getting it out in public.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member

I disagree.

I have been on plenty boards where apple fans defend the phone to no end claiming it is the best phone ever made.

I have several friends and colleagues who have an I phone and they claim, still up untill last month that the i phone 4s was the best phone ever created and stil to that day beats all other competition because Apple are the best mobile phone maker. When I pressed them to tell me what it does differently the listed off things other phones did but still refused to believe that i phones are not the only mobiles with the same function as others.

As with a few others, it was like speaking to a brick wall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I dont think Apple have made a mistake.

The new phone will still sell millions and most likely be the biggest selling I phone.

The only reason I do not go to Aapple is the fact that you cant share your device with other phones that arnt Apple. And I like big screens also.
  • beecartbeecart Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about the fact iphone 5 will not be lte compatible on 800/2600mhz :(
  • CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPhone 5 pre orders in the US have 'sold out' apparently, so regardless of what anyone thinks of it they're still going to sell millions.

Personally I don't like the company so I refuse to buy any of their products, however I do like that they increase the size of the screen, and I also love the block feeling iPhones have.

I'll leave out all the things I don't like about iPhones as I don't want to argue with anyone.
    Forum Member
    I don't think anyone who dislikes apple or the iphone is foolish enough to think it will not sell millions or have people queueing around the block for it. This does not however make it the best smartphone, apple as i have previously stated could brand a turd with an apple and sell millions.

In fact I believe the queue at regent st has already started :D
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    This does not however make it the best smartphone

Of course it isn't.

The phone hasn't been invented yet that does everything for everyone.

Any phone - whatever the brand - is chosen on what it can do for the chooser. I don't chose a phone on specs, or on advertising puff.

I choose it on what it can do for me.

I will nail my colours to the mast and say that after a LOT of research over the past few day, an iPhone 5 fits my needs more completely than other phones. It's not perfect, it doesn't do things I'd like it to, and it does't do things other phones can. Equally, it does a few things that other phones can't.

But that doesn't mean I can't admire other phones and think " I wish ........."

You pays your money, etc.
    Forum Member
    Was is it about it that 'fits your needs' more than any other smartphone?