Alice Branning to leave EE - will anyone notice?

kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a517429/eastenders-alice-branning-actress-jasmyn-banks-to-leave.html

:yawn: What a docile character and some pretty docile acting too, though with the character created and the lines written I am not sure any actress could do the part justice:eek:

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far better than Joey but still deadwood.

DTC needs to axe more than just Alice in my view and I hope we see the likes of AJ, Joey, FatBoy, Sam, Dexter, Kim, Tamwar, Alfie going in the months to come.
  • kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I disagree I think she's a good actress and I like Alice because she's one of the few nice and relatively normal characters. Hope the rumours aren't true that she's involved in Michael's death because that would just say after a year or so in Albert Square even a nice young lady will turn psycho - what hope is there for the not so nice characters!
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    I think for a few men after the way she 'tarted' up this week a lot will miss her :D

Being serious for a moment though i never felt she was that bad and seems very at easy around the 'bigger' characters in the show. Could have been the making of a good character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    At times she was annoying and boring, but that was when she was with the teens. Her interacting with the older cast made her a much bigger characters. It's a shame because I really think she could have became a really good character....
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a wet blanket and her stealing storyline was hilarious but I reckon the best of her is to come with Michael's exit.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With any luck her dimwitted brother will be following her out of Walford, and combined with the recent departures of Tanya and Jack it means the Branning numbers are slowly beginning to dwindle. This can only be a good thing too long have they dominated the show.
  • Scot_JJScot_JJ Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting sick of all the early departures.
  • eaststreetlovereaststreetlover Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking that she will be great and everyone will not want her to go when she leaves
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Won't miss her. Besides we wanted less Brannings and this will be the fourth to leave, so good news.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    I think for a few men after the way she 'tarted' up this week a lot will miss her :D

Alice dressed up the other night was the highlight of my week :D
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll just die of food poisoning from Tamwar's romantic meal with Jar of Hearts playing in the background :rolleyes: Michael will eat some too in his funny Basil Fawlty rage then hey presto, 2 deaduns. There'll be dead on the kitchen floor, Tamwar looking de-flated then quietly getting up to wash the dishes with a big sigh of regret for not doing the lasagne instead.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame because Alice was a welcome change from the typical gobby, sorry 'feisty', EastEnders females we are used to. It seems the writers struggle to create female characters who aren't loud-mouth bitches these days. Jasmyn Banks is also a decent actress who could have been used more effectively, but I'm afraid with Jacqueline "no talent" Jossa hogging the screen nobody else gets a look in.

I always thought Alice would be the one to bump off Michael and that would inevitably lead to her exit, so she will at least have a decent story to go out with. Let's hope her plank of a brother isn't too far behind. I'm sure Jasmyn will do well after EastEnders.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this announcement was a year ago I would be pushing her out the door myself but credit where its due since Derek died Alice has actually improved alot, obviously sharing scenes and storylines with characters like Michael, Janine and Kat has helped her but I think Jasymn Banks is a good actress and I am looking forward to Alice's final few months, I would rather her go out on a high and then she will remembered as a good character rather than one that was either a total flop (that she would have been a year ago) or one that outstayed her welcome which would have happened if she stayed.
  • EnJayKingEnJayKing Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will, Alice is one of the few actually decent people on the show. So many of the others are so self absorbed it's nice to have someone more pleasant to watch.
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see her framed. Or for Janine to be responsible for Michael's demise and to convince Alice she's done it. It'd be a good way to bring back evil Janine - she's been sorely missed
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was one of the few decent things from the last few years.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked Alice and thought she became very interesting recently- trust TPTB to axe her just when she was getting good
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DODS11 wrote: »
    I'd like to see her framed. Or for Janine to be responsible for Michael's demise and to convince Alice she's done it. It'd be a good way to bring back evil Janine - she's been sorely missed

That'd be a great twist.

Although seeing Alice, not Joey, ultimately carry out a deed their late father [wished] he'd done; AKA killing someone, would still be interesting in itself [when Joey has shown so many more mannerisms of Derek than she]...
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a517429/eastenders-alice-branning-actress-jasmyn-banks-to-leave.html

:yawn: What a docile character and some pretty docile acting too, though with the character created and the lines written I am not sure any actress could do the part justice:eek:

Badly written character, but I think is more that could be explored with Alice. I wonder if her and Michael die together? or if she goes to jail
  • SalomeSalome Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started to take an interest in Alice because of her weird 'transgressive' moments that contrasted with the good girl image. Compared to one-dimensional characters such as Joey, Fatboy and Poppy, Alice had more potential in terms of character development.
    Still, I'm looking forward to seeing Alice in Wonderland finally unleashing her anger/frustration, even if it is on Michael :D
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise will probably notice that her stock is no longer going missing. :)