Options

Matthew wright - career suicide

1235»

Comments

• Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Can someone please post a link to a clip showing him from last night , when he was with Amy waiting to.be picked first .

He was jumping about crazily , very exited and incorrectly thought that he'd been chosen ??
    http://tinypic.com/r/2lkbrpy/5

:D
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    I like him. Can't see where all the animosity is coming from. He's a good character for me.
    Most of the comments in here are positive. The OP seems to be in the minority.

I'm impressed. Usually the ones I like get slated on here and I felt sure Matthew would be given he was a marmite character when he went in anyway.

He did really well with the task yesterday, as did Joey as well but Matthew's steely determination clearly rubbed off on him. As others have picked up on, it's the real Matthew we are seeing. No different to how he is on is his morning show. A real colourful and interesting person which a show like this needs.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Avidian wrote: »
    That's just made me like him even more!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with you 100%. I cant believe how different he is to how i imagined he would be.

I watch his show quite frequently and he's EXACTLY as I imagined he'd be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Avidian wrote: »
    LOL! I like Matthew but this was a very funny moment.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I didn't expect to like him but he's kind of growing on me.

Unlike some of the celebs on previous series, he does seem to be genuinely terrified of everything, so for him to do really well in 2 trials deserves a bit of respect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't expect to like him but he's kind of growing on me.

Unlike some of the celebs on previous series, he does seem to be genuinely terrified of everything, so for him to do really well in 2 trials deserves a bit of respect.
    Might he struggle somewhat with this next one though ?

The eating task is one thing but the upcoming trial looks a different kettle of fish altogether.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey! Well done to Matthew for not acting like a wimp when having to eat what was in front of him. I was expecting Joey to either give up halfway through the trial or bring up what he ate. Can't believe that he was just as determined as Matthew was.
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Northerly wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o

OMG I have just realised that he is NOT Jeremy Kyle

I have, up till now, been thinking he was jeremey kyle. i cant believe what a tit I am

he is that geezer from the wright stuff:eek::eek::eek:

OMG I just spat out my tea - LMAO - you are well funny :D:D:D
  • Options
    MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    I really like Matthew. He does a lot of charity work for one of the departments in the hospital where I work and he is extremely charming to staff members who recognise him as he's walking along the main hospital concourse.

I'm finding him very entertaining on this programme, I agree he's coming across as a bit girly but I was expecting that from what I see of him on his morning discussion show.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    He's the clear star of this show. Surely the winner?
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just made me like him even more!
    Dancc wrote: »
    LOL! I like Matthew but this was a very funny moment.

It's one of the best bits I've seen of all the different series .

He surprised me as so many regard him as being ever so intelligent .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    It's one of the best bits I've seen of all the different series .

He surprised me as so many regard him as being ever so intelligent .
    What's intelligence got to do with that ? :confused:

He's a very clever bloke.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    She is called Amelia, so no, she is a female wife.

and yet his celeb crush is Rylan !!??
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love his show, and thought his initial meltdown was more or less how I expected him to react - I don't think I've ever seen anyone look so absolutely terrified on a ty show! By his own admission he is a bit as he put it - girly, but he showed terrific strength in the ghastly eating trial - yuk makes me heave to think about it. Kind too, as he encouraged Joey - though he may have regretted that when he got back to camp empty handed!

Wimp or brave? Mixture of both perhaps - I think it was Donal McIntyre last week who described his as being a very complex man.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    I love his show, and thought his initial meltdown was more or less how I expected him to react - I don't think I've ever seen anyone look so absolutely terrified on a ty show! By his own admission he is a bit as he put it - girly, but he showed terrific strength in the ghastly eating trial - yuk makes me heave to think about it. Kind too, as he encouraged Joey - though he may have regretted that when he got back to camp empty handed!

Wimp or brave? Mixture of both perhaps - I think it was Donal McIntyre last week who described his as being a very complex man.
    BIB - That's exactly what makes him a good choice for a reality-TV show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him and he had a bit of a meltdown but he did great in the trial
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    There is always one that plays up their fears for airtime :rolleyes: the busk tucker trial faces were over the top either eat it or don't :p:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is always one that plays up their fears for airtime :rolleyes: the busk tucker trial faces were over the top either eat it or don't :p:cool:
    From what I recall of his shows in the past - Matthew has made it clear that he'd be OK with the eating tasks as he says he'll eat anything. I believe him when he says he's scared of creepy crawlies - especially spiders. I have a cousin - 6' 2" - great big fella - would take anyone on in a fight - but he can't even look through a glass window at spiders in an exhibit - and they're DEAD ones. Me - I'm tiny - not scared of (unless they're deadly ) spiders, snakes, rats, mice, lizards - but I could NOT face a task involving cockroaches or things that fly and the thought of eating even a slightly snotty egg makes me want to vomit. Takes all sorts.
  • Options
    jwren12002jwren12002 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I think for anyone who says they are scared of pretty much everything to do the tasks - and do them well! - that deserves respect, whether you are a fan or not. I don't think it's career suicide on his part, I think he's coming across well and if I was voting for anyone to win, I'd vote for him!
  • Options
    squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel so sorry for him losing the 2 trials, not really fair as Matthew really stepped up to the mark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel so sorry for him losing the 2 trials, not really fair as Matthew really stepped up to the mark.

He's dealt really well with both the tasks, and with the fact that he lost both of them. I hope someone else gets the next one though.
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could see him get that steely look of "mind over matter". His facial expressions are great though. He deserved to win that trial.