Console Advice please

Comments

• Jaden_RileyJaden_Riley Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    The recommended speed for usage of the x1 is 3.0mb, i have a friend on 6mb who is using his X1 fine without issue. As the uk average speed is around 15mb then I'm sure most would be fine but as mentioned, i would be wary of buying a new console if my internet was terrible.

The kinectless console has only just come out and seems a little over priced to me, especially when you consider that Titanfall bundles have been selling for £350 on amazon quite recently. I'd expect a price war as early as next month, maybe around the £300 mark and maybe with a game.

Personally i think the xbox one has the better exclusive line up for this year. Halo collection,project spark, sunset overdrive, D4, Forza horizon 2 and ori and the blind Forrest are all coming in the next 6 months.

Beyond Driveclub,remastered last of us and a few indie offerings i can't think what is coming this year on the ps4?

What ever console you choose I'm sure you'll be very happy as both offer some great stuff and are improving at a good pace.

i think the fact that the ps4 has better graphics and multiplatform games will look better is driving me towards getting the ps4.

i will probably get the ps4 then!
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    So your mind was made up already?

Ok.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

Ok.

Hey, it's better than some people himming and hawing for weeks on end about these decisions. :)

OP, I'm sure you'll be happy whichever you choose.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Yeah, linkinparks thread is a perfect example of how these kind of threads usually turn sour.

Call me a cynic, but 9 times out of 10 the OP in threads like this don't want advice at all and have usually already made their mind up.making the original OP pointless.

I'm just as guilty because i add to them with my opinions when i should just sit out.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I think it depends purely on what exclusives u like! :)

(Both systems are pretty much on-par now! ... Things were different @ launch!) :)

Personally! ... I don't need an X1 cause I've recently bought a new £1000 HP windows8 laptop that should be able to run Alan Wake 2 when it's inevitably released! ;-)

bloody PC master race ;-) :D be gone with you sir lol this is for us console peasants :D
    Forum Member

Ok.

not really
    kinda leaning to the xbox now lol because of all the cool feature i am seeing on youtube
    Forum Member
    Yeah, linkinparks thread is a perfect example of how these kind of threads usually turn sour.

Call me a cynic, but 9 times out of 10 the OP in threads like this don't want advice at all and have usually already made their mind up.making the original OP pointless.

I'm just as guilty because i add to them with my opinions when i should just sit out.

nah actually i waned advice

why would i make a thread otherwise? i am still pretty torn because i want to order it today!
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    not really
    kinda leaning to the xbox now lol because of all the cool feature i am seeing on youtube

What features are looking cool ?
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not really

PC !!!
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the kinekt stuff is pretty cool but a bit gimmicky and I don't use it anymore. Another thing to consider is the size of your telly. If it as a 50" screen like mine you will notice a difference in resolution. Not so on anything below a 32" screen. It would seem most games run at a slightly higher resolution on PS4, CoD, Watch Dogs off the top of my head.
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Some of the kinekt stuff is pretty cool but a bit gimmicky and I don't use it anymore. Another thing to consider is the size of your telly. If it as a 50" screen like mine you will notice a difference in resolution. Not so on anything below a 32" screen. It would seem most games run at a slightly higher resolution on PS4, CoD, Watch Dogs off the top of my head.

I have a 42' LG LED 1080 TV
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think the fact that the ps4 has better graphics and multiplatform games will look better is driving me towards getting the ps4.

i will probably get the ps4 then!

I bet you won't notice any difference graphically. I have a 52 inch full HDTV and can't see a difference.
    Forum Member
    I bet you won't notice any difference graphically. I have a 52 inch full HDTV and can't see a difference.

I'm guessing you have an xbox 1

i think the best thing for me to do is test the controllers
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't really buy that. Unless you have two 50" TV sat next to each other both playing the same game on the two consoles you won't really see a difference.

This is coming from someone who plays his X1 and PC games on a 100" projector screen :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing you have an xbox 1

i think the best thing for me to do is test the controllers

Have you actually looked at the exclusive games currently out and coming soon to both consoles? Go Google for a list then look up videos on youtube.

Ignore all this "one is more powerful than another". There is only a tiny bit of a difference and recently MS have released another 10% of GPU power so that gap is even smaller.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is very noticeable on CoD Ghosts. My mate gave me a loan to check! Ran them both and switched between the two. PS4 looked sharper to me.
    Edited to add, that may be down to poor optimisation but regardless.
    The basic points still stand, controllers and exclusives. Online are broadly similar, both full of yappy kids :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Have you actually looked at the exclusive games currently out and coming soon to both consoles? Go Google for a list then look up videos on youtube.

Ignore all this "one is more powerful than another". There is only a tiny bit of a difference and recently MS have released another 10% of GPU power so that gap is even smaller.

IF you disconnect kinekt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is very noticeable on CoD Ghosts. My mate gave me a loan to check! Ran them both and switched between the two. PS4 looked sharper to me.
    Edited to add, that may be down to poor optimisation but regardless.
    The basic points still stand, controllers and exclusives. Online are broadly similar, both full of yappy kids :p

I think that is what happened with Ghosts. I'm sure even on a top of the range PC there was problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IF you disconnect kinekt.

You don't have to disconnect it to get the extra power, that is some stupid rumour people are falling for.

The developers will be able to simply disable it while you play their game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    You don't have to disconnect it to get the extra power, that is some stupid rumour people are falling for.

The developers will be able to simply disable it while you play their game.

It still means that it will be unusable though. Given it was a huge selling point, it'sa bit weak! 10% is a hell of a lot of processing power for a glorified webcam!
    This won't help OP in his decision but I tended to get last gen games on lead console (not pc, gave up on constant upgrades). Bayonetta, Skyrim etc. noticeably better on 360. Will probably do the same this gen. Getting shadow of mordor on xbone, dragon age on xbone (for hopefully save game continuation) and probably Elder Scrolls online for xbone (if I get it at all!)
    Forum Member
    It still means that it will be unusable though. Given it was a huge selling point, it'sa bit weak! 10% is a hell of a lot of processing power for a glorified webcam!
    This won't help OP in his decision but I tended to get last gen games on lead console (not pc, gave up on constant upgrades). Bayonetta, Skyrim etc. noticeably better on 360. Will probably do the same this gen. Getting shadow of mordor on xbone, dragon age on xbone (for hopefully save game continuation) and probably Elder Scrolls online for xbone (if I get it at all!)

multiplay games will run better on p4 this time i think
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having said all that I am bored of next gen due to lack of games for either console so am attempting to do an illustrated version of a Nick Cave song. Should keep me busy until 2015!
    Forum Member
    Having said all that I am bored of next gen due to lack of games for either console so am attempting to do an illustrated version of a Nick Cave song. Should keep me busy until 2015!

which console you have
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds to me like you should just go for the cheapest, playing multiplats, no friends considerations, it just comes down to money? Simple :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here goes.....
    Gamecube, N64, 360, ps2,3 &4, xbox One, vita, 3ds and my g/f has an Alienware laptop.
    For your purposes I prefer ps4 over XBone but only because of the controller and I did notice a difference in CoD ghosts but to be fair that is ghe only one I have directly compared.
This discussion has been closed.