Does anyone cry at the soaps

MackenizeMackenize Posts: 271
Forum Member
Does anyone else not cry at sad storylines on a soap or is just me?

Comments

• Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far too often for it to be healthy... :p
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I have when it's sad
  • Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twice - when Laurel/Ashley's baby 'died' of cot death and when Jackson died. Both in Emmerdale
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried when Katie died in HO. I cried during the full story line actually everytime Sinead cried. They played Christina Aguilera 'Say Something' during these scenes and I actually get teary when I hear that song. One of the saddest storylines for me. I dont watch ED but I watched Baby Daniel's cot death on YT. God I was a blubbering mess.
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit teary eyed when Heather died
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Pat and Janine shared a scene before her death. Also when umm..Bradley died in EE...😓
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Very very rarely. I never respond to the brutally manipulative stuff, where they play soppy music and it's basically hollow and fake, like the Hollyoaks approach. But this stuff with Donna on Emmerdale has definitely got me a bit choked. I'm surprised at myself.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I tend to 'fill-up' rather than cry, I can't remember crying at any soap scenes apart from when Alma died on Corrie when I wept buckets, I wasn't even a big fan of Alma but it was such a sad final scene.
    Also Roy has had me very close to tears a few times during the Hayley SL.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I tend to 'fill-up' rather than cry, I can't remember crying at any soap scenes apart from when Alma died on Corrie when I wept buckets, I wasn't even a big fan of Alma but it was such a sad final scene.
    Also Roy has had me very close to tears a few times during the Hayley SL.

Now Alma did make me cry, that was genuinely sad, with her friends around her. Painfully realistic. Audrey crying when Alfie died also had me properly crying. Where there's real proper history and character there, it can really get you.
    Forum Member
    Now Alma did make me cry, that was genuinely sad, with her friends around her. Painfully realistic. Audrey crying when Alfie died also had me properly crying. Where there's real proper history and character there, it can really get you.

That is very true. The Jack and Vera final scenes had me very near the edge too.
    Got to admit though I have just shed a tear for little Harry from ED, but real life is different and can be so unfair.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    That is very true. The Jack and Vera final scenes had me very near the edge too.
    Got to admit though I have just shed a tear for little Harry from ED, but real life is different and can be so unfair.

It's no shame to be sensitive, Luce. I sometimes wish I wasn't hard as nails.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's Emmerdale. The saddest episode in ages. Haven't got that upset since Edna's Dog got put to sleep! Lol
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the time. I cry so easily :blush:
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Last time I welled up at a soap is EastEnders when Ian and Peter were crying/hugging/wrestling in the square after he told his son that Lucy had died.
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    It's no shame to be sensitive, Luce. I sometimes wish I wasn't hard as nails.

Thanks Mo :)
    star89 wrote: »
    All the time. I cry so easily :blush:

*passes extra tissues to star*
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *passes extra tissues to star*

Why thank you :) I need it after the sad news about little Leo/Harry tonight :cry:
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the last time was when Billie died on EE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    All the time:)
  • Tiernan_MccarthTiernan_Mccarth Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I think the worst cry I have ever had was watching Ian and Janine doing it. Cried for days. Eye's felt like onions
  • Tiernan_MccarthTiernan_Mccarth Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I cried dramatically when Peter lost that wrestling match with Ian following Lucy's death. Poor Peter :'( You could tell how upset he was when he feel to the ground and began yelling ''nooooo!!!!!!'' DTC is such a horrible person for making Peter lose like that.
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cry every time I turn on Corrie and Carla Connor is still there. Rye....ut.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Occasionally:blush:
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Rachael. wrote: »
    I cried when Katie died in HO. I cried during the full story line actually everytime Sinead cried. They played Christina Aguilera 'Say Something' during these scenes and I actually get teary when I hear that song. One of the saddest storylines for me. I dont watch ED but I watched Baby Daniel's cot death on YT. God I was a blubbering mess.

I struggled to feel any emotion because of how horrible sinead was that storyline.
    But the graveside scene had me in floods of tears.

I am emotional anyway & cry at not just soaps but other tv shows & films.
    When a man cries i usually go
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    When Ethel died I nearly threw myself out the window.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    This is odd but the last time i cried, well had tears in my eyes, was when Dennis tried talking Blessing off the bus in HO. It was very touching. I cried buckets when Jim died.. I starting crying when he was walking through the crowd because i could tell it was coming. Sad things like that make me cry or tear up. I think the last thing i cried at before the Blessing/Dennis scenes (teared up) was at Eastenders at the Ian Beale scenes when Lucy died. I also cried bucket loads at the HO explosion and Paulines death. (I watched it a few times and cried each time)