Options

Blackberry Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Any idea how much a second hand Pearl or 8310 would be on Orange? Currently have an Orange contract and would simply add the BB service to my current sub...

Cheers
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    mcfc2134 wrote: »
    Any idea how much a second hand Pearl or 8310 would be on Orange? Currently have an Orange contract and would simply add the BB service to my current sub...

Cheers

We don't sell used phones in Orange stores. Also we don't sell the 8310. I know T-Mobile do because I have one. Orange do the 8320.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We don't sell used phones in Orange stores. Also we don't sell the 8310. I know T-Mobile do because I have one. Orange do the 8320.

Ricardo

I think I've spoken to you before regarding this? How much is the 8320 on the data only tariff?

Don;t want to take out another full contract, and preferably would like an unlocked handset and just add the BB provision to my current contract, which I'm sure I can do?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ricardo

I think I've spoken to you before regarding this? How much is the 8320 on the data only tariff?

Don;t want to take out another full contract, and preferably would like an unlocked handset and just add the BB provision to my current contract, which I'm sure I can do?

I'm not at work today so can't check the price for you till tomorrow.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    hey am interested in getting blackberry they look cool
    ive won a lot of money recently nd feel like buying one:D

im in dublin what network is best to get one on and does it have to be on bill or pay as u go??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    hey am interested in getting blackberry they look cool
    ive won a lot of money recently nd feel like buying one:D

im in dublin what network is best to get one on and does it have to be on bill or pay as u go??

Contract if you want the instant email enabled.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any theories as to why google maps won't work with either of my Blackberrys?

I'm no expert on Blackberry (but would love one!), Google maps wouldn't load directly onto my E65. So I tried downloading to the micro sd card and hey presto it works!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    i got the blackberry pearl 8120 the other day and still cant figure out how to text off it :cry: i've followed the instructions that were given but i can only enter the number of who i want to text and not write an actual text :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Contract if you want the instant email enabled.

is it only on pay mothly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oldfrooty wrote: »
    i got the blackberry pearl 8120 the other day and still cant figure out how to text off it :cry: i've followed the instructions that were given but i can only enter the number of who i want to text and not write an actual text :(

Hmmm. I would say the Pearl is very simplistic when it comes to texting. Are you trying to send a text from a contact in your phone book? If so highlighting that entry, then using the menu key to SMS that contact will take you straight to the text entry field.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    is it only on pay mothly?

Yes, because you have to have the Blackberry Internet Service which in not available on a pay as you go basis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, because you have to have the Blackberry Internet Service which in not available on a pay as you go basis.

ah right thanks for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorry off topic iknow but
    does anyone know if the Palm Treo 500v is any gud
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm. I would say the Pearl is very simplistic when it comes to texting. Are you trying to send a text from a contact in your phone book? If so highlighting that entry, then using the menu key to SMS that contact will take you straight to the text entry field.

wen i do this it just goes back to the list of names in the address book, its really confusing me now..but i dont want to go to a phone shop lol i dont want them to look at me like im an idiot :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oldfrooty wrote: »
    wen i do this it just goes back to the list of names in the address book, its really confusing me now..but i dont want to go to a phone shop lol i dont want them to look at me like im an idiot :o

Believe me we see a lot worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Believe me we see a lot worse.

lol i've heard a few stories from a friend who used to work in carphone warehouse...I'd rather not become the subject of a future story!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In that case my suggestion would be.....................

Read The Instructions!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In that case my suggestion would be.....................

Read The Instructions!!! :D

lol had you read my first post correctly you'd see that option has unfortunatley already been exhausted...ah well..no texting for me lol :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ricardo

£129.99 for the handset.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    £129.99 for the handset.

Ricardo, that for the handset on the data only tariff or one with calls and texts - just to clarify.

Cheers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ricardo, that for the handset on the data only tariff or one with calls and texts - just to clarify.

Cheers

That's with Internet Talk For Blackberry. No calls or texts, just instant email.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's with Internet Talk For Blackberry. No calls or texts, just instant email.

Thanks Ricardo. Is that available instore only as I can't see it on the website.

I've been told on another forum that I can't add the BB provision to my existing contract (Dolphin 35) if I purchased a refurb/second hand blackberry.

Is this true?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Ricardo. Is that available instore only as I can't see it on the website.

I've been told on another forum that I can't add the BB provision to my existing contract (Dolphin 35) if I purchased a refurb/second hand blackberry.

Is this true?

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/yourplan/handset

Dunno about that last bit. I never had a problem adding BB to my T-Mobile account when I bought one of Ebay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wierd, thought it would be faster without SureType....

It comes with Blackberry maps, but I'd download Google Maps ( www.google.com/gmm )

It's because the keys are smaller on the Curve.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have any theories as to why google maps won't work with either of my Blackberrys?

Strange .. not had any problems with my 8300 or my new 8310 ... I went to www.google.co.uk/m and it has a link to download it at the top of the screen...?

RE: Sat Nav - Telmap navigator downloads the route each time you set the destination, so no memory is used up (like TomTom etc), but a small amount of data is used to get the route data, and live traffic updates...

PS Love the fact that you work for Orange, but have a T-Mobile BlackBerry :D