Annoying Visa ads = negative advertising

13»

Comments

• indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are really starting to get on my tits now, to the point of not coming on DS as much. I just can't not look at the friggin things.:mad:
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're really starting to hack me off. Except for the doggie- he can stay!
  • B3atenB3aten Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The UmmVu or whatever it is talking at me as are the stupid smiley crap things if you accidentally mouse over them..

Need to get an ad blocker....
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyberninja wrote: »
    As a direct result of how irritating the adverts for Visa on DS are I have now changed my bank account and now have a mastercard instead as a direct result of Visas annoying advertising policy.

Congratulations Visa on alienating at least one loyal customer !

:)

Interest rates don't concern you then ?
    Turquoise wrote: »
    You changed your bank account because of an annoying advert?

Bit drastic, isn't it?

Not the word I would use :)
    mysticegg wrote: »
    Any publicity is still publicity. The adverts may be terrible but they're still making people talk about the product.

Edit: I've just counted 3 threads on these adverts!

Exactly - Folks seem a bit obsessed to me :confused: To quote Michael Winner - " Calm down dear, it's only a commercial " ;):p
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are really starting to get on my tits now, to the point of not coming on DS as much. I just can't not look at the friggin things.:mad:
    Go get firefox 3 and then get a add on -ad block plus.
    I haven't seen that ape shit woman for days :)
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, personally, when I am on here, I tend to concentrate my gaze on what is going on in the middle of the screen - ie - the actual forums. I don't pay too much mind to what is going on around the edge.

And it might be good to remember that it is the ads that pay for the site - if it weren't for them, either DS would go offline or we would all have to pay for it.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    thats what i try to do, but with these latest ads it makes it harder to concentrate, and they are very annoying.

I wouldn't mind if they were still and only moved once you activate them.

Mind you DS seem to be taking the pee in what they allow these days with the annoying smiley ad that became annoying 10 years ago, the imvu talking advert and these visa ones.

its going a step too far! it got to the point a few days ago i couldnt come onto the site for it all.

thank god for ie7pro
  • JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be the only person on this thread who hasn't really noticed them. I can see one right now as I'm typing...can't see what all the fuss is about!