Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a SOR that in the year 2014 someone would dress like Eva to go to the gym.

In the end Eva can come to my gym anytime!
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a math question.

Michelle celebrates her 30th birthday today.

Her "biological" son Ryan is 22; he was born in January 1992.

How old was Michelle when she gave birth to him? (5 marks)
    Michelle is actually 38, she was just joking about her age as most women do because they wish they were younger. She had Ryan just before she turned 16.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Michelle is actually 38, she was just joking about her age as most women do because they wish they were younger. She had Ryan just before she turned 16.
    Yep, her 'joke' was lost on me. ;-)
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, her 'joke' was lost on me. ;-)
    Haha it's obvious she's not as young as 30 anyway, but I can see why you may have thought she was being serious. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Rita sells everything in her shop...need something and she will sell it lol
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva having a case of verbal diarreha, she couldn't stop revealing everything about Leanne.

The Tina love is beyond annoying, Simon would have rushed to Leanne not to Tina (meaning he would have went to the Bistro not the pub)

I know Maria has air where her brain should be, but leaving her phone lying around and not deleting the texts.. even Kirk wouldn't make that mistake.
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Simon sits down at Carla's computer and, with a flurry of clickety-clicking, shows us that he not only a proficient touch typist, but also a great speller for his age!
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was something out of the 80's! Pink lycra tights!

She looked like Sue Ellen in Dallas, when Southfork grew a gym circa series nine :D
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a math question.

Michelle celebrates her 30th birthday today.

Her "biological" son Ryan is 22; he was born in January 1992.

How old was Michelle when she gave birth to him? (5 marks)

I assumed the candles were in a ratio of 1:10, and that she was 50.
    How would Maria know Tyrone's number off by heart, if she didnt have her original sim card in? I barely know my own number, let alone anyone else's!

I'm waiting for her to get a call or text from...well...anybody.... in the next few days. How would they know her number?
    willrelf92 wrote: »

If I remember the father was originally a boyfriend. Then they changed history so that she was married to him. But she can't have been if she was 15 or younger.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eva tells family secrets to someone she has only known for 5 minutes including the part where her elder half sister was a prostitue/drug addict. Honestly who writes the script:confused::o
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Eva tells family secrets to someone she has only known for 5 minutes including the part where her elder half sister was a prostitue/drug addict. Honestly who writes the script:confused::o

maybe the dad is a dealer or visits prostitutes lol
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deep down Eva still resents Leanne so the bitchy side of Eva couldn't resist revealing Leanne's sordid past.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a SOR that in the year 2014 someone would dress like Eva to go to the gym.

Ridiculous, wasn't it?!
    We know it is only a matter of time before Lloyd and Steve are dragged to the gym in their "comedy" lycra and headbands..*rolleyes*
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,855
    Forum Member
    So Simon sits down at Carla's computer and, with a flurry of clickety-clicking, shows us that he not only a proficient touch typist, but also a great speller for his age!

He is an amazingly fast typist :D I couldn't believe how quickly that place appeared in the address bar thing.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    He is an amazingly fast typist :D I couldn't believe how quickly that place appeared in the address bar thing.

Within the space of approx 10 seconds Simon had done the following: -

Had brought up the search engine
    Typed out the FULL name of the rehab centre in the search bar (how did he know the full name of the rehab centre? A partial name he may have overheard in a conversation I could have understood)
    The website appears instantly on the screen (instead of appearing as part of a list of search options for him to then click on)
    He finds the telephone number to dial straightaway (which in some cases would be hidden under a Contact Us tab but instead it was visible instantly on the screen for Simon to find it straight away)
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Within the space of approx 10 seconds Simon had done the following: -

Had brought up the search engine
    Typed out the FULL name of the rehab centre in the search bar (how did he know the full name of the rehab centre? A partial name he may have overheard in a conversation I could have understood)
    The website appears instantly on the screen (instead of appearing as part of a list of search options for him to then click on)
    He finds the telephone number to dial straightaway (which in some cases would be hidden under a Contact Us tab but instead it was visible instantly on the screen for Simon to find it straight away)
    The child is a genius - we realised this when he coped with bendy busses when he was little. :D
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the end Eva can come to my gym anytime!

Therefore, not a SOR......Eva was deliberately dressed provocatively, for your......and others :o....visual delight ;-)
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    How would Maria know Tyrone's number off by heart, if she didnt have her original sim card in? I barely know my own number, let alone anyone else's!
    I even have my own number printed on the back of the phone - and I've had that number for at least the last 10 years!

I don't know anyone who knows the numbers of any of their contacts - they're either in an address book or stored on the phone, which Maria doesn't have. As has been said previously, why didn't they put Maria's SIM card in the temporary phone - they did with mine even going from a very old one which I've had since before cameras were incorporated to a smartphone. The only reason for not doing so would be if the SIM card was damaged, which I very much doubt. Total SOR.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    I even have my own number printed on the back of the phone - and I've had that number for at least the last 10 years!

I don't know anyone who knows the numbers of any of their contacts - they're either in an address book or stored on the phone, which Maria doesn't have. As has been said previously, why didn't they put Maria's SIM card in the temporary phone - they did with mine even going from a very old one which I've had since before cameras were incorporated to a smartphone. The only reason for not doing so would be if the SIM card was damaged, which I very much doubt. Total SOR.

I know its not Kirsty that is sending the texts, but if it was, surely Tyrone would recognise her number when the texts came up? AND, if Kirsty had a new phone, how would she remember Tyrone or Fiz's number????
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I know its not Kirsty that is sending the texts, but if it was, surely Tyrone would recognise her number when the texts came up? AND, if Kirsty had a new phone, how would she remember Tyrone or Fiz's number????
    I think very few remember anyone's number, but Kirsty might have an address book with the numbers in even if she had a new phone.

I don't think mobile phones are allowed in prison, and if you've got a pay-as-you-go phone (how would she pay for a contract from prison, and would she anyway), if you don't make a paid-for call or top up in 3 months you lose your number, but I'm not sure if the SIM card dies. I suppose she might be able to get the numbers from it if she topped up the battery (she'd be given her possessions back on leaving prison) but having the numbers in an address book is more likely.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,855
    Forum Member
    It's not impossible to remember mobile numbers. I know my own and a couple I use often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I thought it was amusing that Barlows tat shop was selling a copy of Windows 98 before Tony loaded all his dodgy stock into there.

No wonder they never make any money, that would retail for all of about 20p
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sirk696 wrote: »
    I thought it was amusing that Barlows tat shop was selling a copy of Windows 98 before Tony loaded all his dodgy stock into there.

No wonder they never make any money, that would retail for all of about 20p

I spotted this as well. It's more of a collectors item nowadays:D
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Therefore, not a SOR......Eva was deliberately dressed provocatively, for your......and others :o....visual delight ;-)

She ought to wear a supportive sports bra instead of spilling out of her lycra :D
    Forum Member
    i think Eva was trying to impress or impersonate Olivia Newton John lol
This discussion has been closed.