Options

HD London News

Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
Forum Member
✭✭
I know there have been a couple of threads on when BBC will start to have regional news in HD (besides Scotland which does)
BBC London presenter Alice Bhandhukravi, in reply to a tweet from a viewer about BBC London going HD has replied 'August, but don't quote me'

So I have quoted her!!! But they do move to a new studio shortly (another part of Broadcasting House, but same building) So cameras, as I expected will be HD ready, but it's looking like the Lodon News itself will be HD in a few months time (instead of holding caption)

Comments

• Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats interesting ether they will just have upgraded equipment like the news channel or the would send a feed over the main HD network but if thats the case the everyone would get the London regional news like when the sd channels local news has a problem. That doesnt make complete sense though as the BBC said they would protect their local news programs so unless they are launching the regions in HD then this does not seem like reality.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    London, the capital of England and we still can't see our own news in HD. :( I've heard all the bird sounds now!!!!

Seems like the "old days" when they could only show a picture of the test card when no programmes were on. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    London, the capital of England and we still can't see our own news in HD.

...well you could do if you watched ITV.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    opps my browser mucked up and posted a post twice Ive deleted the content of the post but I dont know to completely take it down!